Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by kpogue on Aug 8, 10 10:06 AM
I've bought the game and have enjoyed it... until it decided to crash on me. I checked the forums to see if anyone else was having this problem and saw that the first post on here was that one of the problems is that it crashes and to click to fix it. I did all of that and now have started the game over 7 times. I'm almost tired of it and thinking about not even playing the game any more. Is there another way to fix this problem? I hope so because like I said before I have really enjoyed the game and want to finish it.

Schmootoo
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by Schmootoo on Aug 8, 10 12:28 PM
Ledmonds wrote:I was wondering if maybe someone could help me out here. I have Windows Vista. I have a NVIDIA Geforce 9500gt graphics card, and I have updated the drivers. I am using an Acer 20 inch monitor. The problem that I am having is when I am playing this game it crashes my monitor. It does not happen in a particular spot in the game. I find that it happens most when I have been idle for a minute or two. When it happens my monitor just shows "no signal" and I cannot recover. I have tried pressing ESC, and the space bar, moving the mouse, turning the monitor off and then back on again, nothing seems to help. I have to hard boot my computer every time this happens. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this might be happening? I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

I wish you all the best of luck with this problem - my partner had exactly the same issue with the same OS + gfx card and we never got it sussed out, if you do a net search you will come across 100 plus 10 more 'fixes' and theories on why this happens. We tried near to everything until I got so frustrated I just bought him a copy of xp and we binned Vista...no more 'no signal' crashes. I'm sure there's a logical reason for why this crash occurs - my patience had worn too thin to find it unfortunately.
Good luck!

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by lindakathy on Aug 8, 10 5:26 PM
I'm stuck too with a winch motor that I can't get at to put the wire on. I guess I'll just wait for a fix because I'm not going to start again. *sigh*

Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by annoyed45667 on Aug 8, 10 7:21 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

[Post New]by annoyed45667 on Aug 8, 10 7:25 PM
This game is so aggravating!! It is slow and freezes up on every room/place you go into. It also slows when playing HOA. So many things to not work, it takes several attempts. Annoying at first until I realized that the game has glitches - now just frustrating, Needs to be patched - not worth the twenty dollars. Safe does not work - Contacting Big Fish for a refund - done being aggravated.....

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by sjccreations on Aug 9, 10 8:55 AM
I put the two ballerinas on the box, moved the crystals (the skipping puzzle), but the key did not come out. Has anyone else had this problem and what do i need to do to get the key.

Edited on 08/09/2010 at 8:57:47 AM PST

[Post New]by JeanMargaret on Aug 9, 10 3:42 PM
I am also stuck in the 3rd scenario trying to find the first jewel. Checking the strategy guide tells me it's in the sarcophagus in the jail. I missed that the first time I entered the jail and it seems you can't open it later. Without the jewel you can't read the scroll in the bird's mouth which I suspect contains the instructions for making a silver bullet. If you don't read the instructions the bellows won't work, even after you repair them. This looks like a bug which can only be solved by starting the game again.

[Post New]by degillis on Aug 10, 10 11:22 AM
I have the same issue. Did anyone get a workable solution yet?

[Post New]by sanscastle1945 on Aug 10, 10 12:33 PM
I evidently have messed up, I didn't do the dreamcatcher in the correct sequence, now I am stuck in all rooms, and if I hit hint for any room it says nothing to be done here and that includes, garden, and all surrounding,what can I do to get back on task.
thanks,
sanscastle

[Post New]by grydve on Aug 10, 10 4:48 PM
heron wrote:Not sure if this is a technical issue or the game itself. Going from one place to another is very slow. You have to click several times then wait and wait almost jerky movement. It's hard to explain.

[Post New]by Jauntie on Aug 10, 10 5:22 PM
JeanMargaret wrote:I am also stuck in the 3rd scenario trying to find the first jewel. Checking the strategy guide tells me it's in the sarcophagus in the jail. I missed that the first time I entered the jail and it seems you can't open it later. Without the jewel you can't read the scroll in the bird's mouth which I suspect contains the instructions for making a silver bullet. If you don't read the instructions the bellows won't work, even after you repair them. This looks like a bug which can only be solved by starting the game again.

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by Jauntie on Aug 10, 10 5:23 PM
JeanMargaret wrote:I am also stuck in the 3rd scenario trying to find the first jewel. Checking the strategy guide tells me it's in the sarcophagus in the jail. I missed that the first time I entered the jail and it seems you can't open it later. Without the jewel you can't read the scroll in the bird's mouth which I suspect contains the instructions for making a silver bullet. If you don't read the instructions the bellows won't work, even after you repair them. This looks like a bug which can only be solved by starting the game again.

I'm having the same problem. I asked about this problem 3 days ago & have not received an answer yet!!

[Post New]by Laura1927 on Aug 10, 10 5:29 PM
Gisellesc60 wrote:I too am having problems with the safe, no matter how many time I do the combination, it still reset itself. I have spent about 20 mins working on it and I too cannot progress.
Please help, by the way I love this game, just fix safe...

me to i hate it cant get into safe HELP

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by leaisno1 on Aug 10, 10 7:44 PM
wepulls2006 wrote:
IamJbar wrote:Got all the way into the attic, repaired the winch motor, however, did not have the power cord at the time, left the scene to go get it. Now I am unable to get the screen to repair the motor and add the power cord.I tried to use the winch anyway, and get " I need to repair the winch motor first". Have tried to exit and restart the game, nothing works.I REALLY don't want to start the game over form the beginning. Any one know what I need to do?
I have the exact same issue. Please HELP! I clicked on the trash can and got rid of my original version. Reloaded the game, took about 25 minutes thinking I'd just start over but, no, when the game was loaded the second time, it started me right back in the attic with the wire and blue tape in my inventory-and no way to get the winch motor to open back up. PLEASE HELP BIG FISH TECH SUPPORT!

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by psychdocaz on Aug 10, 10 7:53 PM
sjccreations wrote:I put the two ballerinas on the box, moved the crystals (the skipping puzzle), but the key did not come out. Has anyone else had this problem and what do i need to do to get the key.

lizac
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by lizac on Aug 11, 10 2:18 AM
Have had similar problems to others ie game would crash and then tell me that profile was corrupt and I would have to start again. Tried all the fixes and contacted customer service who were very helpful. Tried all their fixes but unfortunately nothing has worked and I have now received a refund- apparently the game is not compatible with my machine (I am running windows vista). Excellent customer support from bfg once again.

max1fax
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by max1fax on Aug 11, 10 12:51 PM
kicked out of game after putting pulley in the dumb waiter, says corrupt
file, on windows vista all game lost!

murder1
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by murder1 on Aug 11, 10 2:33 PM
Gisellesc60 wrote:I too am having problems with the safe, no matter how many time I do the combination, it still reset itself. I have spent about 20 mins working on it and I too cannot progress.

murder1
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by murder1 on Aug 11, 10 2:35 PM

work with safe unable to open it

help

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Aug 11, 10 4:03 PM
I think if you start by turning the dial to the left instead of the right the safe will work. When you get to the first number it will set, then turn the opposite direction to the next number, etc.

Go to: