shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by shorenuf on Nov 3, 10 6:15 PM
esvans wrote:I'm unable to digest this any longer, am waiting for 6 weeks now, and still not a single sign of any fix, communication, or whatever ....
UNBELIEVABLE !!!
Have had very good experiences with BF so far, including Customer Service, when there were problems, but this SAGA is a big and very unpleasant mystery to me.
BIG FISH : PLEASE REPORT SOMETHING ..... !!?

The very first notice we got was that the developers couldn't even look at the problem until October 3rd -- so it's only been 4 1/2 weeks.

I know you feel better now.

Seriously -- I do agree. The last time we heard from a moderator was October 15th** -- I think we are due a definitive explanation. We should all be issued some compensation for being led on for this amount of time.

** Actually I guess it was October 20th -- I found another thread with a moderator message thanking us for our patience. Meanwhile, the mods lock our "This game is broken" threads and are no longer responding. They could at least have a thread dedicated to updates on the progress so we don't have to go through all these individual threads that might hold some news.

EDT: removed an errant '; added **footnote

Edited on 11/04/2010 at 1:43:21 PM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 3, 10 7:40 PM
Seriously guys, we're going on 3 weeks here without a word. How's the testing going? Did you run into more snags? Can we PLEASE get an update of some sort?!!!

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by scs2 on Nov 4, 10 6:05 AM
3 weeks of total lack of response to customer requests for information about an unusable product they've paid for -- this is "Best Customer Service -- Guaranteed"??? It's so disrespectful. What's happened to the BFG that I've supported loyally over the years?

Edited on 11/04/2010 at 6:05:57 AM PST

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by jtdragon on Nov 7, 10 6:46 AM
I would say since it was been about 23 days since anyone from BF has even responded to there own technical issue area that they don't really care anymore. A "we are still working on the issue" would even be nice.......

Edited on 11/07/2010 at 6:46:43 AM PST

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by melusine99 on Nov 10, 10 11:42 AM
Oh dear. Just downloaded the new (Mac) version of Curse of the Raven, and once again it's not working properly when I reach the husband's safe in the second chapter of the game. Before the fix, it would just crash the game. Now, it just won't open it. Um, help!

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by alexnp on Nov 10, 10 7:34 PM
homergertrude wrote:
Phila wrote:I have tried to get the safe open for a week now, and no luck to open it. There is something wrong with this game. Unless the problem is fixed I think everyone deserves a refund.

Have you had any luck getting the safe open? I cannot get it to open either.

I was excited to see that the new "fixed" version was out, but I cant get the safe open either!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 10, 10 10:30 PM
alexnp wrote:
homergertrude wrote:
Phila wrote:I have tried to get the safe open for a week now, and no luck to open it. There is something wrong with this game. Unless the problem is fixed I think everyone deserves a refund.

I was excited to see that the new "fixed" version was out, but I cant get the safe open either!

There have been a lot of previous posts about this. Seems it doesn't open like a conventional safe. Try going counterclockwise first, then alternating clockwise, etc. Also seems best to play with the volume turned up loud...you will hear a click when the proper number has locked in. Stick with it, you'll get it!

Edited on 11/10/2010 at 10:31:59 PM PST

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition technical issues her

[Post New]by melusine99 on Nov 11, 10 6:11 PM
WilJul wrote:
alexnp wrote:
homergertrude wrote:

There have been a lot of previous posts about this. Seems it doesn't open like a conventional safe. Try going counterclockwise first, then alternating clockwise, etc. Also seems best to play with the volume turned up loud...you will hear a click when the proper number has locked in. Stick with it, you'll get it!

That worked! Thanks so much!

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 12, 10 7:27 AM
Mentioned this in the new Mac thread for this game, but thought I'd mention it here too.

Was able to play the game all the way through, but there was some slowing/jerkiness, especially in the scenes when the gravestones changes and the flowers bloomed at the end of each novella. Also had issues with the sound dropping out.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 13, 10 6:56 PM
vingilot wrote:Mentioned this in the new Mac thread for this game, but thought I'd mention it here too.

Was able to play the game all the way through, but there was some slowing/jerkiness, especially in the scenes when the gravestones changes and the flowers bloomed at the end of each novella. Also had issues with the sound dropping out.

I experienced this as well, vingilot. Also paused at times when going from scene to scene. There were times that it paused for so long I thought it was frozen or was about to quit on me. But it managed to pull through.

[Post New]by hilofoz on Nov 13, 10 9:08 PM
Yes, I started playing the game yesterday (Mac Collectors Edition) and as soon as I click on the safe dial, the game crashes immediately.

Edited on 11/13/2010 at 9:09:16 PM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 13, 10 9:48 PM
hilofoz wrote:Yes, I started playing the game yesterday (Mac Collectors Edition) and as soon as I click on the safe dial, the game crashes immediately.

Hmmm, hilofoz. This was a major glitch in the game and took over a month to get a fix, but it HAS been fixed. So, I'm wondering, when did you download the game?

[Post New]by hilofoz on Nov 14, 10 3:22 AM
Thank you. I was just about to post a reply that I deleted and then downloaded the latest version of the game and I have now played right through it and that includes the bonus chapters. There was one crash when opening the werewolf door, and some times it plays a little jerkily and the ambient and voice overs dropped out very early on.

Edited on 11/14/2010 at 3:24:33 AM PST

RE MY GAME CREDIT FOR THIS MONTH

[Post New]by deellisa on Nov 14, 10 12:26 PM
IS THERE A CERTAIN TIME YOU POST GAME CREDITS MINE IS DUE TODAY, BUT STILL NOT POSTED ITS 3:30PM

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 14, 10 5:20 PM
hilofoz wrote:Thank you. I was just about to post a reply that I deleted and then downloaded the latest version of the game and I have now played right through it and that includes the bonus chapters. There was one crash when opening the werewolf door, and some times it plays a little jerkily and the ambient and voice overs dropped out very early on.

Great! Glad you got it working! Seems there are still a few bugs, but none that can't be pushed through.

[Post New]by meowpop on Nov 14, 10 5:28 PM
I can't get the pieces of the relief to go into the puzzle. It just won't accept them. Please help me! What should I do? This game is the most frustrating one for years! The graphics are worse than the first version and constantly jump around.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 14, 10 8:23 PM
meowpop wrote:I can't get the pieces of the relief to go into the puzzle. It just won't accept them. Please help me! What should I do? This game is the most frustrating one for years! The graphics are worse than the first version and constantly jump around.

What exactly is happening when you try to put the pieces on the puzzle? Do you have both the pieces? I've not heard of this issue yet, so sorry, I'm not quite sure how to help.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 16, 10 5:27 PM
meowpop wrote:I can't get the pieces of the relief to go into the puzzle. It just won't accept them. Please help me! What should I do? This game is the most frustrating one for years! The graphics are worse than the first version and constantly jump around.

I'm replaying the game, still having sound issues. Was able to get the pieces to go in the relief, but at the end of the third novella, the game would not let me give the smelling salts to the man to wake him up (which was not a problem the first time I played it). Finally had to quit all the way out of the game, go back in, and it finally took the smelling salts. So try doing that. Leave the game all the way, go back in. I think some have even had to restart their computers, but the game will eventually let you do what you need to do.

On to the bonus round...

Edited on 11/16/2010 at 5:27:51 PM PST

[Post New]by DarkSnowWhite on Nov 18, 10 6:25 AM
Hello all...

I am fairly new to Big Fish Games and so far have loved all the games but have just downloaded Curse of the Raven Collectors Edition for my iMac and I am stuck at the safe... have been reading all the posts on here for help and advice and am also slightly annoyed that so far no helpful responses have been forthcoming from the moderators on here.

Has anyone got any updates on this issue? I only downloaded this game lst night so I should have the most updated version I think... but I was also charged $17.99 for the game when it was advertised as $13.00 which I also don't understand????

[Post New]by jaxyel on Dec 1, 10 9:36 PM
First time posting here - bfg has always had great customer service, and Redemption Cemetery is the first game I've had issues with. It's a great involved game, but I stopped playing after the safe crash and found out this was a tech issue with the mac version. I saw on these forums that there was a fix, tried it again, had the same issue.

After reading further, I followed the link to reinstall. All it did was look for the installed game, so I assumed it was a go. I deleted my previous profile, and started over. Just returned to the safe again and the exact same thing happened. It doesn't even allow me to move the safe dial at all; when I try to do anything on the safe, I get the big freeze and it crashes.

Am I doing something wrong? This is incredibly frustrating.

Go to: