bjcs319
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by bjcs319 on Sep 14, 10 2:34 PM
I tried the trial version of this game. Played it, ran okay, liked it,and bought it. Today, I tried to play the game. The cursor was frozen. Won't move at all. So, I rebooted my computer. I replaced my batteries and my mouse works just fine. Went to options and removed the custom cursor. Still the same problem. Please help me. Thank you.

spandjw
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by spandjw on Sep 15, 10 2:59 AM
well I got the game and used the walkthrough a lot got back in np but now I can't get passed the witch it is frozen it was a good game but if you can't finish then what

I FOUND A SOLUTION!!!!!

[Post New]by catains on Sep 19, 10 2:56 AM
I too had the problem of the screen going black with the exception of the menu and book, the inventory and the hint, and then just freezing. I also spent hours deleting and downloadiing this game over and over and trying to come up with a solution to the problem. After not receiving any help from customer service and only receiving an email asking me if I had solved my problem (with absolutely no follow up), I FINALLY FOUND A SOLUTION, by accident of course!

I check out [removed by moderator] website periodically for new and different games. I noticed that they also had a download for Castle of Shadows. Just to see if it would make any difference, I downloaded the version through [removed by moderator]. It launched from their website but was rerouted to Big Fish and I went ahead with the diownload. Lo and behold, it worked! I don't know what the difference is between their site and Big Fish, but I FINALLY finished the game!

I don't know if this will work for everyone, but its worth a shot!

BTW, I am extremely disappointed in Big Fish's customer service. I usually get very helpful and friendly representatives who either solve my problem or refund the price paid for the game. This time I got neither. I received the automatic email acknowledging receicpt of my problem. About a week or so later, I received another email asking if m,y problem was solverd, and then I never heard from them again. Considering this was a premium game, I expected more than that.

Anyway, U'll let you slide this time Big Fish, but don't let it happen agaain!!!!

Cat

Edited on 09/23/2010 at 2:15:09 PM PST

pt44
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by pt44 on Sep 20, 10 12:41 PM
i just bought echoes of the past and i cannot play the game without a key. how do i get a key?

indypeg57
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by indypeg57 on Sep 22, 10 4:03 PM
BP532 wrote:Im about 45 minutes into the game, which I love , and the screen is frozen at the door to the outside of the castle. Strangely, it has worked during the first part of the game. I have completed almost all the the castle piece wit
h no problem. Now, the game is frozen. Ugh......

[Post New]by mo1son on Sep 23, 10 2:06 PM
It has great potential except I have had to restart different profiles three times and every time I exit and want to go back that profile comes back "corrupted". Short of throwing my computer away in disgust - I'm not even opening the game again until we receive notice that they have a "BIG" fix!

[Post New]by tiffer0118 on Sep 23, 10 5:39 PM
I am using Mac, downloaded this game and when I press play it just brings me to the play it again screen. WTF? Is anyone else having this problem?

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Sep 24, 10 10:02 PM
Was really looking forward to this game since I loved the first one. But I am having the same cursor lockup as a lot of others so it's a NO BUY for me.

[Post New]by wildflr8 on Sep 28, 10 9:29 AM
I solved this problem by uninstalling the trial version. I know it is easier to activate from the trial game, try this then download after purchasing. By removing the trial version, I effectively removed whatever was causing a conflict in the program.
Interestingly, the purchased program started where I left off in the trial.

jasminster
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by jasminster on Oct 1, 10 3:26 PM
My only comment is that the game home page says that system requirements are OS X 4.x (which I have) but when you try to download, it says that you need OS X 10.5 or higher. A quick typo fix, I guess ...

cb18
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by cb18 on Oct 6, 10 12:06 PM
It's the second time that my screen is frozen after ca. 1 hour game. The first time, I had to play again from the beginning (new player name). It did not happen when I played but when I started again a game session. I exist the game and when I load again, the screen is frozen.
It is really frustrating. Could you please help me.

thanks

[Post New]by sdbrat on Oct 18, 10 7:07 PM
I'm hoping that you can help, I really do like this game. After playing for awhile (got to the other side of the river) I closed the game. When I went back to play I got a message saying that my profile in the game had been corrupted, so I uninstalled the game, rebooted my computer, and reinstalled the game. I made a new profile and played up to about the same point, closed the game and now when I tried to play, it opens fine but all I get is the message in the castle to pick up the amulet stand. There isn't an amulet stand there, but the game won't let me do anything else. HELP PLEASE!

[Post New]by Gmato3 on Nov 4, 10 12:12 PM
My cursor is frozen in the dungeon of the castle, in spite of a chain swinging in the picture and a 'sparkly' to the far right. I don't like the game special cursors and had elected to have the computer's normal cursor run the game. I went back to the settings and turned on the game cursor thinking that may begin the game again. Nothing. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 4, 10 1:42 PM
Hi Fishies,

If you are having problems getting Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

If you’re experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help article has helped resolve common display issues in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you continue to have any trouble, I’d recommend contacting Customer Support. Just let them know what you’re experiencing and which steps you’ve already tried and they’ll be happy to help further. Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the “Contact Us” section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you’ve entered your question and clicked to “Check for Answers,” you’ll be led to our Help pages. If these haven’t helped, your question can be submitted from here.

If you’re a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club” page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by NeedleDodger on Nov 7, 10 1:50 AM
I too am having problems with this game. Yesterday, I tried to play and got the opening screen with the cursor stuck in the upper left corner. Went to help, updated my flash player and went back to the game and played...today, cursor is stuck in the corner again but something else I noticed...I have owned "Season Match 2" for quite some time now and I have played it often. (It's a good one for making one sleepy) Now all of a sudden, it has no music. Next time I tried it the sound was there...the next time it was silent again. There is something more than this game going wrong here. I am going to play a few of my older games and see if any of them are affected....I'll let you know how it goes...

Cairobat
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Cairobat on Nov 22, 10 1:00 PM
Gmato3 wrote:My cursor is frozen in the dungeon of the castle, in spite of a chain swinging in the picture and a 'sparkly' to the far right. I don't like the game special cursors and had elected to have the computer's normal cursor run the game. I went back to the settings and turned on the game cursor thinking that may begin the game again. Nothing. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having the exact same problem. I played up to this point with no issues, and when I got to this stage, everything was still ok. I was able to use the cursor, and check the book. I decided this was a good stopping point for the day and quit. Now today I am unable to play. This really makes no sense.

EDIT I made a new profile and started over from the beginning. This "solved" the problem.

Edited on 11/23/2010 at 1:13:59 PM PST

rummyII
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by rummyII on Nov 29, 10 8:03 PM
My cursor freezes each time I enter the dungeon. Any solutions? Everything has worked well so far.

indypeg57
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by indypeg57 on Dec 2, 10 7:24 PM
BP532 wrote:Im about 45 minutes into the game, which I love , and the screen is frozen at the door to the outside of the castle. Strangely, it has worked during the first part of the game. I have completed almost all the the castle piece w

ith no problem. Now, the game is frozen. Ugh......

indypeg57
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by indypeg57 on Dec 2, 10 7:29 PM
indypeg57 would like any info on frozen cursor outside castle. I even re-bought the game!!. Cannot un-install first game! NOT HAPPY, pretty much pissed!!

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Dec 5, 10 1:28 AM
4 mos here & STILL no fix?

This is simply unacceptable. Somewhere in the coding for this game is something that is corrupting profiles or causing the cursor prob. Telling ppl to create a new profile, or worse, posting directions to "help" pgs that have been proven not to help at all, is not a fix. It's a workaround or a dodge of the issue.

Really, how hard is it for a programmer to go in there, find the line of code that is causing the corruption, FIX IT, & BFG sends a patch update via GM?

This is nuts. I become more & more disillusioned w/ this joint on a daily basis.

Edited on 12/05/2010 at 1:29:34 AM PST

Go to: