Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Robin's Quest: A Legend Born

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 23, 10 5:13 AM
As I said in my earlier post, I was going to buy this game eventually, once I ran out of games to play, and I have.
I really like this game. It's fun, it's versatile, and it's quite unique. I also like having to find the 'Wanted' posters, coins and the Pardons, and I love doing things like making that pie. And the graphics are great as well - always a plus.

All in all, really nice game.

BTW, I don't have any problems with the different religious items nor the fact that there may be items that might not belong in this era. And although the accents of the people is Irish/Scottish, Robin herself speaks rather posh English. LOL
Anyway, all those things are not a big issue with me. I just enjoy the gameplay the way it is.

Edited on 08/23/2010 at 1:06:44 PM PST

[Post New]by katsupatree123 on Aug 23, 10 5:22 AM
Very impressed.. I waited to try it.. downloaded it and went to work.
5 stars. Adventure with some ****'s (they're not easy to see) designer chose to not
"tile" or layer on the items.. so it's 1 dimensional. Most times on the ihogs.. i can just go into the **** scene and without looking at the object list get 6-7 items, easy.
Not so easy with RQ.

You get alot of stuff from the **** scenes.. and I Really liked that.. hint system.. no need for walk_through (but we have 1) graphics are good and consistant to the
era. Go to the market and help all the townsfolks.. gather your Merry_men.

Achieve the goals... You have to rip up all your wanted posters (60)
Find all the pardons for people... some are your MM.. (they have special
talents.. unique to each)

Robin Hood.... that time period.. i was sold. Used a credit.. but would have bought it outright and not been disappointted. Recommended. TY !!

The ***** above = hidden object references.. not sure why i was flagged

Edited on 08/23/2010 at 5:34:36 AM PST

[Post New]by wheeltapper on Aug 23, 10 1:32 PM
Poutoule wrote:
wheeltapper wrote:I Played the hour trial. I won't be buying it.

It's a pity really, it could have been a great game , if only that blasted woman would keep her mouth shut for five minutes and let you figure out what to do on your own.

as others have said, too much handholding, did they aim this game at 6yr olds?

I'm still trying to find a game to equal Return to Ravenhurst or Dire Grove ( excellent games) so perhaps I've got my sights set too high.

my two pence.Try Puppet Show, or Echoes of the Past-The Castle of Shadows... Played 10 minutes of the demo of this one and knew I wouldn't buy it, too easy, graphics just ok.
Roy

Hi
I have both of the Puppetshow games, very good.
I just played the demos of both Echoes of the past and will get them as well, when I can afford them.

Roy

jq134
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by jq134 on Aug 23, 10 3:31 PM
I enjoyed this game. it was challenging enough to keep me going but not so hard that I wanted to quit.The music was not annoying. I liked that robin Hhood was a femail protagonist.

Silvia_B
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Silvia_B on Aug 23, 10 6:18 PM
Just 30 minutes in & I love it. Graphics & sound are great. It is so much fun! For a novice like me it's all good, it could get harder but loving it so far.

Silvia

firebird40
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by firebird40 on Aug 24, 10 5:22 AM
I had fun with this game. The graphics are beautifully drawn, the characters are good and the twist of having Robin Hood a woman gave the story a new look. The music is fine, period-appropriate, and there are some mini puzzles and optional archery competitions to break up the hidden object scenes.

The downside of this game is that it wasn't very challenging. That was fine with me, as I had just finished Exorcist and wanted goofy and relaxing, which this was.

The hints reload fairly quickly, even if you can't find the fireflies, which look like floating sparks, and there is a useful "area clear" tag which pops up when you've gotten everything. I played on casual, so can't comment on the advanced level, but all in all, I'd say this was worth the 6.99$ and great for those wanting a change from the RTRs and Redemption Cemetery-type games.

[Post New]by Naomy_Chan on Aug 24, 10 1:17 PM
I love the Robin Hood Legend. When I see the game. I want to try. And I'm completly begin addicted to this game. The system quest and HOG are a perfect match. I'm very impressive and I appreciate the time I'm playing. I'm trying a lot of HOG, but this one is my favorite.

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Aug 24, 10 5:27 PM
just tried this and love it as im new would love to knoe other games like thats if your allowed to !
thanx bfg love the game

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Aug 24, 10 6:02 PM
Janeypat wrote:just tried this and love it as im new would love to knoe other games like thats if your allowed to !
thanx bfg love the game

It depends on what you liked about the game--the story, the drawing style, the Hidden Object Scenes, or the mix of inventory tasks and Hidden Object scenes.

A game that mixes Hidden Object and "adventure" (use of inventory item) elements is usually called a Hidden Object Adventure (HOA) or Interactive Hidden Object Game (iHOG).

Samantha Swift is a good example of this kind of game with a similar drawing style. There are four titles in that series, they're all quite good. But they're modern day adventures, so if it's the story you liked, that might not fit.

Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates is a fun game with clever hidden object and adventure tasks. Not a lot of story to it, but lots of atmosphere.

Another excellent game with some similarities in drawing style and gameplay is Valerie Porter and the Scarlet Scandal. Set in the 1920s with a strong female lead, it's about a junior reporter who is covering a murder mystery. Excellent mix of Hidden Object Scenes and inventory tasks.

Of course there are dozens of other great games out there, but if you're new to this kind of gaming, any of those would be worth downloading the trial for. All are available here at Big Fish Games.

Robin

Edited on 08/24/2010 at 8:33:37 PM PST

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Aug 25, 10 7:20 AM
This really was a well made game - good adventure elements, beautiful graphics, a decent story and smooth flow. As others have stated, the problem is that the game was really much too easy - the puzzles were simple and the adventure elements were spelled out for you - not much of a challenge at all. But even so, it was enjoyable and relaxing - perfect when you are in the mood for something lighthearted and fun.

[Post New]by SquareKitty on Aug 26, 10 10:13 PM
very cute game

Music - nice and suits the period of the game
- graphics - lovely, nice game play, nice scenes

Thumbsdown to some far too easy puzzles

This game was really quite different to the other adventure games I've played here. It's not just your average HOG or adventure - you have some hidden objects, some puzzles, things you have to find in your environment, and you have to do little 'quests' in order to help folk & proceed on your adventure.

Overall, I really liked it, even though the puzzles were overly simplistic, but it was a very pleasant, easy-going game and thoroughly enjoyable.

I'd give it, for being a bit different, a 4/5

kpacoma
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by kpacoma on Aug 27, 10 6:18 AM
Thanks for playing! Very cool and interesting game. Wonderful and clean graphics, good idea of the game. Playing it, I just plunge into this fantastic world. Passed once a game. Be sure to play around in it, do not miss!

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Aug 27, 10 3:46 PM
This such a delightful game!! I love these kinds of games & great story too! Robin Hood is a girl!! Thanks BF for the good game. I didnt want it to end...i give this game an A++++

Bevwhiskey
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Bevwhiskey on Aug 28, 10 7:07 AM
One of the most entertaining games I have played in a long time. Thoroughly enjoyed it all! Interesting twist on the Robin Hood story

[Post New]by Nilodlien on Aug 28, 10 12:58 PM
Re. the hidden objects - do they give you pictures of what you're searching for, or words?

I'm asking because my 4-year-old loves Hidden Object games, but can only play the ones with pictures of what to find - like Golden Trails and Enchanted Fairy Friends.

From the screencaps of Robin's Quest, it looks like we might get lucky with this one - and I'd be thrilled to add a 3rd game to our repertoire! Similarly, if any of you know of any other Hidden Object games where they give you pictures of what to look for (rather than words), please let me know! Thanks!

Edited on 08/28/2010 at 1:00:15 PM PST

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Aug 28, 10 1:34 PM
This game uses words--you can see them at the bottom of each screen in the full-sized screencaps of hidden object scenes. When I had to cut and paste a smaller image for the walkthrough, I often clipped off the words, so that may be what gave you the wrong impression.

Have you tried Sarah Maribu and the Lost World? It uses pictures in the Find List and has a dinosaur theme a lot of kids will like. Quite straightforward adventure story. There are a few old bones lying about, but while it's not designed for kids, it's suitably PG. You'll need to help with the puzzles or use the SKIP feature, though.

Where's Waldo: the Fantastic Journey is taken straight from the children's book, and should be just right if you don't already have it.

Mystery Age: the Imperial Staff also uses pictures in the find List, but you quite often have to find multiple pieces of an item, and I'd think that might be more confusing for a child. But it's worth looking at.

All of these are available here at Big Fish Games.

Robin

Edited on 08/28/2010 at 1:55:32 PM PST

BBB10
Clownfish
Clownfish
715 Posts

[Post New]by BBB10 on Aug 28, 10 6:55 PM
[i]

I am so enjoying this game! I just finished "The Vault Cracker". I had never played a game like it before. I found it delightful! So this game has the same feel to it, but it is definetely more challenging! I love that it is bright and cheery.

It gets 5 out of 5 stars from me!

Edited on 08/28/2010 at 9:15:37 PM PST

alan's pardon and archery problem

[Post New]by gpumpkin on Aug 28, 10 8:43 PM
So far the game has been fun but I can't for the life of me find the last two pieces of Alan's pardon. The two pieces pictured in the blog walk through I do have but that is still only 5 of 7.

I know the archery contests are optional but there is a problem with one of them.
The free for all competition required 20g to enter. So far I have tried to play it several times. It takes my 20g right enough but after I hit START, nothing happens and my only option is to exit the field, 20g lighter.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

alan's pardon and archery problem

[Post New]by robin94122 on Aug 28, 10 9:12 PM
gpumpkin wrote:So far the game has been fun but I can't for the life of me find the last two pieces of Alan's pardon. The two pieces pictured in the blog walk through I do have but that is still only 5 of 7.

All 7 items are pictured in the Blog Walkthrough. You do have to check several diffrent locations to find them, but they're all on marked screenshots in the walkthrough.

We try to keep spoilers out of this topic, so please see the existing forum topic "alan a dale" for full details.

Good luck!
Robin

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

Fun to do with a child

[Post New]by bratzgram on Aug 30, 10 4:08 PM
I bought this after doing the trial. It was a fun game for my 5 yr. old grand daughter and I to play together. I loved that all the characters actually spoke and I didn't have to read the whole game. Yay!! The archery tournaments were a lot of fun for her.
If you are like me and want a real challenge this is not it. It was enjoyable but very easy to get through. We did get a good laugh at some places though. The length was good .
Guess that's all I really can say about this one

Go to: