vidna
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven technical issues here only

[Post New]by vidna on Oct 20, 10 4:26 PM
reneesenn wrote:
It'd be nice if they would keep us at least updated on these issues and if they are ever going to be fixed.

Agree. I feel left out in the cold.

[Post New]by Stingray5204 on Oct 23, 10 4:36 PM
I'm new to Big Fish Games and I must say not impressed, so far. I also got stuck on the wire for the winch. I followed the posts here. Is there still no fix, or did I miss something?
I have to say it is VERY frustrating to think of starting over.

[Post New]by wheeltapper on Oct 24, 10 3:58 AM
there doesn't appear to be a fix yet, it would be nice if the powers that be could keep us up to speed with what's going on. HINT HINT

Roy

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,413 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Oct 24, 10 5:32 AM
I have no problems running this game

[Post New]by wheeltapper on Oct 25, 10 4:49 AM
Well lucky ol' you. and your'e telling us this because??????????

[Post New]by eikoom on Oct 26, 10 5:07 PM
I also had the problem of trying to get back into the winch engine to
repair the wire and use the tape. Has there been any solution on
this?

jennsmom
Clownfish
Clownfish
826 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Oct 29, 10 11:40 AM
I just decided today to demo this game. When I went through the portal to the burning house, I couldn't do anything. Couldn't look at the girl, do anything with the mailbox....nothing. I don't know if I'll try again or not. I'm already not liking the lag time and the fact that it's another game to go through bunches of scenes before it will quit. I hate that.

[Post New]by mikado1 on Nov 9, 10 2:59 PM
I just wonder when the the update version of this game will be available. I emailed the support and got an answer on october 10, that BF should contact the developer and that it was supposed to that about one week?
Does anybody know if there will be an update? Love the game and would be happy to finish it / Helena

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Nov 11, 10 12:49 PM
vidna wrote:Found a bug in the first novella:

I obtained the schematic and the belt and went up to the attic to assemble the engine. After doing so, I meant to take the electric cord, attach it to the machine, and plug it into the wall, but clicked way to backup instead. After I backed away, I was no longer able to "zoom in" on the machine to interact with it.

Now I'm stuck. I can't do anything else of note until I can power the machine and lift the load under the pulley.

Edit: This is the winch problem I've seen a few other people cite. Frustrating.

This is exactly what just happened to me. I had all the parts but backed out by accident instead of putting on the wire and now it won't let me back into the winch.

THe so-called "fix" for this is to start over! as a new player! and "make sure you put the winch all together with all parts while in the window"...well, excuse me, that's not a fix. After all the tedium of getting this far I really don't want to have to START OVER. Is this going to be fixed with a patch or what??? I'll write to CS and ask for a free game credit. This is unacceptable.

ETA--I just wrote to customer service, told them the problem, told them to read this forum, and asked for a refund. Maybe you others might want to do the same. Maybe then they will pay attention if they aren't already.

Edited on 11/11/2010 at 12:56:43 PM PST

Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven technical issues here only

[Post New]by natsavannah on Dec 13, 10 7:42 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

[Post New]by natsavannah on Dec 13, 10 7:47 PM
I found yet another glitch in the game! in Novella 3 when I get the vaccine and the smelling salt....i tried giving him the smelling salt first and it didnt take then i put the vaccine in his hand with no problem, now I cannot give him the smelling salt ... wont do anything at all...I'm stuck again!!! so frustrating....please let me know if anyone else is having this issue as well..

[Post New]by fbronaugh on Jan 4, 11 9:57 PM
I have had 2 technical problems with this game. Using my initial profile, the Ballerina music box would not open at the bottom to give up the key even though I solved the puzzle. I could go no further so I created a new profile and started over. The second time when I went to the window ledge in the family room to fix the lighter, the lighter cover had DISAPPEARED! I then created a third profile and when I got to the point where I could enter the family room, I checked the window ledge and, again, no lighter cover.

Soooo... I reinstalled the game. Again same thing ...no lighter cover on the ledge even after reinstalling.

Anyone have any thoughts?

bt1151
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

January 2011 and game still crashing

[Post New]by bt1151 on Jan 10, 11 9:35 AM
It's been a long time sunce the "corrupt save file" problem was posted and apparently nothing has been done. I just bought the game a few weeks ago (enjoyed playing although the sluggishness moving from scene to scene is still there just as everyone else has reported) and I got to the third part today when bang - game crashed. Went back in and guess what - had to start over with a new profile.
This is the second game that this has happened to me (Dark Tales - the black cat was the other.
This is totally unacceptable, especially since the problem was reported here in the forum months ago!!

Edited on 01/13/2011 at 10:33:27 AM PST

pbashby
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by pbashby on Jan 14, 11 6:01 PM
CE Bonus Game Play: I'm missing the kettle on the floor of the florist shop. anyone else having that problem???

[Post New]by aholley on Jan 15, 11 11:09 AM
Do I have to search the forums before I download all games to see if there are bugs?! Is there no place in Big Fish where there is a list of bugs for all the games so they can be avoided? Starting over is unfair when the bug is known. I feel cheated somehow.

Edited on 01/15/2011 at 11:10:03 AM PST

thatstom
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by thatstom on Jan 20, 11 12:04 PM
I will post again since the first one did not stick, When I first downloaded the game I would play a short while it would crash and when I would restart it would tell me the save file was corrupted I followed the instructions here on the website updated my drivers, updated DX, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, uninstalled and reinstalled game manager. Now the game will not start at all. I am waiting on a response from customer service, I have been waiting four days for a response from Customer service.

thatstom
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by thatstom on Jan 21, 11 3:37 PM
remember everyone we can only half blame big fish they did not create the games they just sell them. they DID outsource their customer service so we can blame them for long wait times and being forced to do the same fixes multiple times.

bfgArnoStyx
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jan 21, 11 4:26 PM
Hey thatstom,

Just wanted to clarify that our Customer Support has expanded to Cork, but most of the representatives are still here in Seattle.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been waiting awhile for a response. I know that our reps are working hard to respond as quickly as possible, but things have been pretty busy!

You can always make sure that your email is in the queue by checking for an automated response with an incident number (be sure to check your Spam folder!). You can also reply to that auto-message if you'd like to add more information to your ticket. Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

carolwst
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by carolwst on Jan 22, 11 1:29 PM
Why are we months after the release and still waiting for a fix for the winch/wire problem? Seems ridiculous that a reproducible bug can't be fixed.

thatstom
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by thatstom on Jan 23, 11 4:08 PM

well after 5 days of waiting I was finally contacted by customer service.
to make a long story short the C.S. rep was stymied, I on the other hand discovered why the game crashes, I went into the log file and I found the following.

Warning: Init resource group is NOT loaded.
Debug: LevelScreen: estroySelf is called
Debug: LevelScreen destroyed
Debug: Inventory destroyed

why the log file is never checked by C.S. is baffling to me. the log file makes a log of everything that happens when you run the program.
so to be clear the program itself is causing the crash.
they deleted the game from my history and gave me a code for a free standard game.
after 5 days of waiting and 3 days of back and forth with customer service I think I earned a code for a collector's edition.

If Big Fish wants to hire someone who can get to the bottom of a problem quickly
and efficiently contact me off list I don't live in Cork I live on the East Coast.

Go to: