moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for My Kingdom for the Princess II

[Post New]by moonweaver on Oct 11, 10 9:56 PM
Well, I finally finished the game a couple of nights ago. Just kept hammering away at it (pun intended). I used a different strategy than I usually do to get through the last two levels. Only got silver; didn't finish my castle, but that's ok.

[Post New]by Celebrimbor11 on Oct 17, 10 1:46 PM
I have completed this game twice (gold on all levels, without using cheats but with having to replay several levels 2,3,4... times).
It's defintely among my favourite Top3 BF games. I like TM games a lot, I have played the whole Build-a-lot series and also Build-in-time, Roads of Rome and MKFTP 1.
MKFTP 2 is a lot more difficult than the first game, on several levels you really have to struggle. What I love is that especially at the beginning of each level, you have to actually think about the direction (chop wood or destroy those expensive rocks?, build a bridge or have a second worker?, wait for a specific bonus?, build a well in the desert levels or save the wood for a fishing hut?) you want to proceed. Sometimes a well-done combo of warehouse+resources-bonus can save an entire level in its first minute. It's more about resource management than time management, although in the higher levels both time and resources are important.
The only annoying bit was that on the last two islands gold is mainly earned through respawning chests. I don't really like that mechanic (the workers have to work through unknown and hostile lands, but gold is renewed every 30 seconds!? Hmmmm.)
The storyline was very silly (as I'm sure it was intended to be). This is the case for the majority of TM games, so no big surprises here.
The minigames: Very annoying, that's simply not the type of games I like to play.
The trophies are ok, however you earn them by simply playing the game and they are not very amazing. I liked Build-a-lot 4 (Power Source), because in that game you had to go out of the normal way to earn certain awards.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Nov 12, 10 9:25 PM
My last review was in September - this is still my go-to game. If people want a long game - this is it! Yesterday I finally got through all levels, and I've played this every day for the last few months. Now I'm starting over. I love this game!!!
You can play a hidden object once, maybe twice. This one you can play ocer and over. Thank you developers - these two games are awesome!!!! I can't wait for the next installment.
My only negative is the surge of snakes or ghosts or whatever - please do something different - I hated those!

Edited on 11/12/2010 at 9:27:39 PM PST

[Post New]by Nativebrave on Nov 28, 10 5:21 AM
I am inagrement about the voice on this game it has been driving me nuts

wissilent
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by wissilent on Dec 6, 10 12:12 PM

[Post New]by jbones on Sep 16, 10 6:35 PM
can anyone help me with level 3.1? I have tried several different ways and I'm not even getting close to being done when time runs out. which direction should I go first?

Just skip the warehouse upgrade and the wells. I didn't need the resource help too often either.

d3isme
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by d3isme on Dec 6, 10 9:44 PM
I really enjoyed the first few levels.
I liked the strategy aspect, with the timers and the little twists (such as the hunter).

But, I deleted it at the first level with the hornets.
I primarily play on a laptop with trackpad & scenarios that require a lot of very quick, precise clicking just don't work well for me (don't fall under my personal requirements for 'casual'. ;-)

If I ever decide I'll be sitting at a table a lot & needing a new game, I might put it back in as it did seem fun, but otherwise, I'll be replaying the games which have a similar strategy, but don't need quite the same level of speed + accuracy (eg. MKFP 1).

If the hornet levels were skip-able, I'm pretty sure this would be a definite buy for me.

EDIT January 29 - I did pick this game up with my punch card. I got through the hornets & snakes by button mashing with my mouse. But the wolves have me blocked even with the mouse. I have gold on most of the regular levels, so the primary game itself is do-able by trackpad.

I know not every game is going to be for every person, but it is a bit frustrating when it's the mini-games that hold you up and not the main thread.

In case the developers are still checking the threads:
Any chance of porting over the 'skip' option for us Mac users?
It would be much appreciated.

Edited on 01/29/2011 at 9:23:57 PM PST

[Post New]by ThomasY on Dec 27, 10 5:44 PM
Gameplay is ok, same as the first and the roads of rome games. Quite a number of storyline errors where the cut-sequences are inserted out of order. Doesn't affect gameplay as these are irrelevant, but indicate a hastily knocked out product with limited quality control. If you really like the gender, go ahead and get it.

[Post New]by PhippsMom on Jan 8, 11 11:10 AM
Loved the first MKftP but NOT enjoying the second one at all!!! You know it's bad when you can't beat a level then you are told you've beaten the developer's score. Why would you release a game that even the developer cannot beat?

Everything starts off great (in the early stages where you will play during the trial phase...you know...to lure you in) then later on it becomes extremely difficult (if not impossible) to complete the stage in the time allotted. Like previously stated, if the developer can't win it, how can we? Sorry I wasted the money...

Also - check out the post "I did WHAT" in the forum to further see what I am talking about...

Edited on 01/08/2011 at 11:14:35 AM PST

ALicd
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by ALicd on Jan 20, 11 10:21 AM
ok the few times that ive posted here i havent gotten a reply by here goes on this game. level 5-8 is just not doable. i have tried all suggestions but there is either not enough time or gold. I end up pausing with not enough gold or get to the last beat and not enough time. I am not a fast player as I have issues with my hands., its why i dont do time management. got the first game and enjoyed it but am not pleased with this one it requires to my dexterity to get through. Please can someone give a step by step on how to get this level done during the time limit or give me a skip option. I have checked all the cheats i can find by gamezbo my fave for walkthroughs doesnt take this to the 4 and 5 levels their instructions are easier for me to understand. I probably wont do another time management its too stressful. that is my comment on this game.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 26, 11 8:01 AM
I'm new to this genre and thought I'd like this one per the glowing reviews. And I did until the hornets. My hand dexterity isn't good enough to get past this stage. So a no purchase for me.

honkq
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by honkq on Feb 6, 11 2:10 PM
i am not a fan of Time Management games. I absolutley adore this game series. I get so confused with the typical TM games. This is fantastic. I love the music choice and the graphics are incredible. I have noticed other compnies have come out with similar games, but they miss the mark by so much. I am very dissapointed this series of games was not in the list of awards - these are soo diserving that who would ignore this series of games baffles me. Keep up the great work to the makers and developers of the game and game play style. Oh, one more item, I love the little characters and they are now interactive with the game, great idea!

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Feb 6, 11 5:10 PM
The first TM game that I have really enjoyed was royal envoy. I own SEVERAL and keep telling myself I will not buy another but then one comes along and ..... (well you all know that story!) The reason I am writing here is because of royal envoy because I couldn't remember this game but discovered that I had in fact played it (your trial period is over) NOW I remember WHY it was a no buy - I play games for relaxation and to "kill time and make my mind work". I do not need someone constantly telling me to "HURRY UP you MUST FINISH BEFORE DARK"! I am perfectly capable of watching a timer and know that i need to hurry without the added pressure of an annoying voice every 30 seconds! I also love Roads to?/of Rome but these games are a stress I do not need in this or any lifetime. For those of you who like match 3 games that are strong on timers check out DragonStone - it was good & is OLD by gamer standards yet is very to date with graphics and color.

[Post New]by catast on Feb 13, 11 6:29 AM
i really love this game but i just got to level 4.5 and it keeps kind of leaving out parts of my road. ive had to restart it twice because there was just nowhere to go. it wont even let you click where you know the road has to go. still havent managed to pass the level because it stuffed up on me again. i know the bits of road should be there as i have been through that part before

mom68
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by mom68 on Mar 31, 11 7:09 PM
You know, I really did try to like this game. But after awhile, I just gave up. Was it the games between the new islands that threw me off? The incredible difficulty of each level? This game is very similar to my feelings about FF 3: Ancient Rome. It's as if the makers of the original MKFTP decided to ruin their brand with a remake that sucks the joy out of playing it. Unless these game makers seriously recapture the glory of the original MKFTP, I'll never buy another version of this game again.

I've played this game once, and never went back to it again.

One thumb down:

[Post New]by vnrysw6 on Apr 3, 11 8:24 PM
I tried the demo and liked it but now I have purchased the game and can't get out of the bee level no matter how many bees I hit with the hammer it says I have been ambushed and I can't get any further. I have the mac version and am so disappointed as i liked it until that happened. What good is a game if you can't get past the first level? I would like a refund but don't see that happening. This is the second game I've purchased that either froze or is too hard for me to play. Maybe it is frozen but I don't think so. I never made it past level 1.6 . Too bad.

[Post New]by spadois on Apr 11, 11 2:45 AM
Game to slow, to confusing, too much wait in between green signals, needs a little bet more clarity. Royal envoy much better.

[Post New]by kountrygal1965 on May 26, 11 4:00 AM
[b] I'm searching for a game that will keep my attention. I like fast games that are hard to beat. I downloaded/bought Roads to Roam and love it!
Question is
I see MKftP recommended. What is this games name?
Like to have a look at it.

Thanks so much
Connie

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on May 26, 11 4:31 AM
Connie, you are in the correct forum, MKftP is short for My Kingdom for the Princess. I found Roads to Rome more difficult than these two games, but there are still hard levels involved here that might take you multiple tries to master.

A recent TM game with an unforgiving timer was Rescue Squad, you might want to check out that.

[Post New]by kountrygal1965 on May 26, 11 12:33 PM
Laflamme wrote:Connie, you are in the correct forum, MKftP is short for My Kingdom for the Princess. I found Roads to Rome more difficult than these two games, but there are still hard levels involved here that might take you multiple tries to master.

A recent TM game with an unforgiving timer was Rescue Squad, you might want to check out that.

[b]Thanks so much for the reply. Am on my final level Roads to Roam and can't get past the 40th level urggggg
Any suggestions?
Will try Rescue Squad after this game

[Post New]by pbisme on Jun 7, 11 3:19 PM
I love this game and have since the first time I played as a trial game. My question is if you are out of a resource, such as gold, where do you find that resource so that you can finish the level? I have had this happen to me a few times and I don't know what to do. YES, I am a newbie! Thanks to anyway who can help me!

Go to: