Beingknown
Salmon
Salmon
2,670 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Hotel: Lonely Dream

[Post New]by Beingknown on Aug 15, 11 6:48 PM

Enjoyable game, good graphics, entertaining puzzles that I found no need to skip, a built-in hint system (which I found useful for the occasionally too tiny hidden object). Speaking of which, there were not too many hidden object scenes , for which I am grateful.

Game offered a few fun twists and character shifts. Haunted Hotel: Lonely Dream held my attention with a nice variety of places to explore and good variety of mini-games which were relatively easy, but nonetheless, enjoyable.

Overall, this is a rather short game, however. I'd gauge it took me between 2 to 3 hours maximum to complete.

Still, all-in-all well a good value at the special low price of $4.99

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on Nov 8, 11 7:22 PM
I played the preceding HH games and enjoyed them much more than I did this sequel; in fact this game took me well over a year to get through--it sat on my hard drive for long periods without me touching it. I didn't care for the CG look of the game; I found it to be a very hard game to figure out what to do next, there weren't clear hints as to what the things were used for. I am glad that this game uses the hint button to tell you what the next task needs to be, it elliminated the need for me to go to the walk through for assistance. That having been said, I didn't find the story to be creepy or scary at all. I wish there had been voice overs for the dialogue--there was a lot of reading to be done. I think it's time to put the Haunted Hotel to rest--permanently--I hope there are no further sequels and if there are I won't buy them. I usually like these sort of games, but the it was too "secret agenty" for me; though I would like to say it was more of a guys game and there were not hokey love stories or missing relatives that needed to be rescued for a change.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 4, 12 7:46 AM
I have the hunted hotel series and they are good fun games to play, the graphics are nice and clear, the puzzles nice and challenging the game overall will give you plenty of fun time depending how fast or slow you play the game.

[Post New]by laneypoo0330 on Jan 18, 12 11:28 AM
Can someone please tell me how to light the candles ffor the Ritual in Haunted Hotel PLEASE HELP ASAP!!! Thanks for any tips

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Jan 25, 12 1:49 PM
i didn't like the sound effects but over all an enjoyable game.

[Post New]by Vickidee666 on Mar 4, 12 4:57 AM
HELP HELP HELP!!!! can't for the life of me figure out the code for the locker!!! Can anyone help me please asap!! Thanks

[Post New]by Zbmommy on Mar 9, 12 7:55 PM
I am stuck!!!!! Love the game but stuck in the pool room! Ive gone through all of the steps but can't get from the pool room to the hallway/corridor
! Please help!

[Post New]by girlie5663 on Apr 24, 12 2:54 PM
i need help with getting the mask up on the wall

[Post New]by Blvd81 on Jun 29, 12 7:50 AM
laneypoo0330 wrote:Can someone please tell me how to light the candles ffor the Ritual in Haunted Hotel PLEASE HELP ASAP!!! Thanks for any tips
I'm having the same problem. Pls let me know if you found out how to light the candles.

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Mar 12, 13 3:22 AM
So after playing the first Haunted Hotel, I didn't realize it at the time, but I also have Lonely Dream, as well. BIG difference in the two. The only thing I didn't like was the sounds, not really music, but just out of no where, you get a yell, or something that is, I suppose, to be spooky, but it's just annoying. A lot more interactive in this version, which is a plus and I hit my 3rd mini-game of turning all the curcuits green. So hopefully will finish up with it later for a final review. So far so good.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Mar 6, 14 11:26 PM
Finished the game. I've played better games but then again I've played a lot worse. At least thanks to the hints I could play this one.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Mar 6, 14 11:29 PM
Forgot to say that I did enjoy parts of it. The puzzle were pretty cool.

Go to: