janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Seawise Chronicles: Untamed Legacy

[Post New]by janspack on Sep 2, 10 11:18 AM
cll026497 wrote:I bought it and I am truly enjoying it, that is why the selection is so big, have many different tastes to please.

Thank you for always working so hard to get such a wide variety of games to us I know that it cannot be easy, you are appreciated.

I 100% agree with you on this. I'm one of the minority apparently who is enjoying this game because it IS so challenging. I don't understand why everyone is so "down" on this game and it seems to me that a lot of them didn't give it a fair chance when they uninstalled it after just a few minutes. It is quite different and the fractionals are hard to find but then, the hint button charges up very quickly.

smlh
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by smlh on Sep 2, 10 1:23 PM
don,t waste your money needs a lot of work.not much else to say about it.they need to go back to the drawing board.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Sep 2, 10 7:28 PM
Played for 45 minutes thinking it would get better...not. Very hard to find items, which usually I like, but this was even more difficult. Did not like the cursor either. Not a buy for me either.

[Post New]by skravetz1 on Sep 3, 10 2:40 AM
I was doing fine playing the demo so i desided to buy it.Well, that was a big mistake.I am so frustrated with the game.The walkthrough is useless.It did not help me in anyway.I cannot do anything in any place.Its a lose of $6.99.I am a little gunshy of buying anymore games from Big Fish

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Sep 3, 10 6:31 AM
nanaseaweed wrote:Wow clunky is a good description for controls and bottom banner...It is very distracting and takes away from the character of the game. It is well drawn. The language borders on less than charming and some of the objects can not be seen, It took a Hint to find them. I did not click on the help when I first went in. I found myself lost at goat man. I don't know where to find the small rocks . Anyway I'm going to take a break and try later. I love the fantasy part I hope I'll like it but I'm not sure yet.
Nana

Update: I bought it. I like it , it's beautiful, but...BUT..script error in the middle of the game? At the guard part when the cable car reaches him. I uninstalled, reinstalled and it did not come back. At the cable car I could not collect last part of one of the clues, game played anyway. Then script error at bottom by guard. When I reinstalled I still could not collect the clue part but the script error was gone. Now I'm through the waterfall, wow, all kinds of problems. They are all cursor related, (not responding when it should).. Adventure? maybe, but I'm going back in today to continue . I'll update again at end of game play.

Comments and Reviews for The Seawise Chronicles: Untamed Legacy

[Post New]by erinpiper on Sep 3, 10 12:11 PM
Not a fun game - only played 13 minutes when I was ready to quit and uninstall - it would be worthless to buy. It almost seemed as though the people who wrote it throught we were dumb. Duh. Whoever wrote this game needs to be told about all the negative comments. Haven't seen a positive one yet.

Better luck next time - if there is one.

[Post New]by luinar on Sep 4, 10 4:35 AM
I bought this, and I'm regreting it now.

THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

This game has some serious glitches. I have gotten to the end and I'm missing one ruby piece and I have literally spent hours going over the entire game with a fine tooth comb (am I a fool? Yes!) and with the aid of the walkthrough and it appears I haven't missed any of them, it just hasn't registered that I've picked it up. I'm so OCD about things that I'm going to have to go back to the beginning and play the game from the start, but that's MY problem!

I went back to solve the suitcase in the cyclops cave, having gone way past it, only to discover it contained a piece of mantra I already had. When I clicked on the piece, it made a noise like I'd picked it up but was still there. At times, I had to press escape and leave the game entirely because the game wouldn't let me leave a zoom in or a puzzle.

Also, the inventory/clues/tools menu in a pain in the ****. If you fix it in place, then you may miss objects at the bottom of the screen that are hidden by the menu, but if you want to get to it, you bring your cursor down to the bottom of the screen and in the case of the cave with the floating rocks, that meant scrolling halfway down the scene EVERYTIME I wanted to get the hammer to break open the crystals. Really irritating. It made my brain hurt to have that shift around so much. That added to the fact that there are three different bags just makes it really fidley. There's no "right click/get rid of the object in your hand" function and once you use an object once, it's back in it's inventory bag, so again, like in that cave, when you want to use the hammer several times, you have to go back to the bag each time to use the hammer. Also, playing the star/block mini game in the light castle is the same. If you lose you have to take itout of your bag all over again.

It's a pity, becuase this has a lot of potential, it's just very sloppily executed.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Sep 4, 10 5:50 AM
nanaseaweed wrote:
nanaseaweed wrote:Wow clunky is a good description for controls and bottom banner...It is very distracting and takes away from the character of the game. It is well drawn. The language borders on less than charming and some of the objects can not be seen, It took a Hint to find them. I did not click on the help when I first went in. I found myself lost at goat man. I don't know where to find the small rocks . Anyway I'm going to take a break and try later. I love the fantasy part I hope I'll like it but I'm not sure yet.
Nana

Update: I bought it. I like it , it's beautiful, but...BUT..script error in the middle of the game? At the guard part when the cable car reaches him. I uninstalled, reinstalled and it did not come back. At the cable car I could not collect last part of one of the clues, game played anyway. Then script error at bottom by guard. When I reinstalled I still could not collect the clue part but the script error was gone. Now I'm through the waterfall, wow, all kinds of problems. They are all cursor related, (not responding when it should).. Adventure? maybe, but I'm going back in today to continue . I'll update again at end of game play.

SPOILER ALERT

Update (2) Okay I jumped the gun. The clue piece becomes available after you go through the warerfall and work that part of the game.

opiesmom
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by opiesmom on Sep 4, 10 8:18 AM
Beautiful graphics and might have ben fun but the cursor issue and the stupid bouncing inventory bar kept getting in the way. Hated having constantly shift between the inventory and piece bars. About five minutes in I gave up, too irritating. Also terrible sound effects in the first scene.

[Post New]by momof2wldboyz83 on Sep 4, 10 9:20 AM
I like this game. It makes you think. I did become frustrated with one particular scene, but was just an overlook on my part. Plus, the pieces of the objects are actually hidden, unlike a lot of games where they're in plain view. I didn't really like the cursor, I like to have the option of turning it off, but that didn't keep me from buying the game. The list was the other thing I had an issue with. It pops up and down entirely too much, but still didn't keep me from buying.

It seems to be a fairly long game, depending on how each person plays of course, which is always good for me because I'm usually finished with a game in a couple hours. I'm glad I bought it.

[Post New]by chall0308 on Sep 4, 10 2:01 PM
This is the worst game i've ever wasted my money on. Nothing works. I keep having to esc and start back up. I think i'm just going to ask for a refund and I better get it. I've been a fish for more than 5 years, and this is the worst experience with bfg that i've ever had. What is the worst thing is how long this game has been out and there has been no fix for the multiple issues reported by so many. Do you even care how many customers you have dissapointed with this game? And the lack of response by bfg shows a lack of interest in your customer experience. THIS GAME IS HORRIBLE~~

alohak
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by alohak on Sep 4, 10 3:35 PM
All I can say is this game is a mess. I think someone else said that and I agree. I've played over 300 of these games and have never taken the time to complain. This one was terrible. It was even too confusing for kids. And what is with the inventory bad with 3 pockets? And then you loose the "clues" section to know what you are looking for. I can honestly say I would not play this even if it was free. I barely finished the demo. Developers...do better.

cmh47
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by cmh47 on Sep 4, 10 3:47 PM
This one game I wished that I hadn't bother with. Most of the items that had to been found were very, very small almost invisible with out using the hint button it was nearly impossible. The dark areas were the worst. I you tried to find any ruby pieces the hint button was no good at all. It was very annoying that you had to keep switching between pockets on the bag. I usually enjoy this type of game and can proceed well through the game play but this was ridiculous. Quite often I had to refer to the 'walk through' again in most places it wasn't very helpful in my opinion it hadn't been very well written at all. This is definately a game I wished I hadn't purchase on one that I would never ever recommend to anyone. I only hope that the people that produced the game take note of ALL the negative comments that have been made and if they are either considering make any similar games they take all the comments on board and try to improve any future game play.

shebag
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by shebag on Sep 5, 10 11:18 AM
WORST GAME EVER Bought, feel robbed game walk thru is no help at all wish the demo had loaded then I would never never never would have bought this game

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Sep 5, 10 2:06 PM
I wasn't impressed with the demo. First of all, it's a FROG (fragmented object game). I hate looking for pieces of objects instead of the objects themselves so that was a strike against it in my book. Then several of the pieces were rather small (making them hard to find) or dark pieces hidden in shadows (making them extra hard to find). Add to that the fact that the storyline was a bit disjointed, the dialogue was stilted, and the grammar needed quite a bit of polishing; and you have a game that left me less than impressed.

When I could follow it, I did find the storyline rather intriguing; and since the hint system filled fast, I might consider buying it as a Daily Deal - but not at the regular price.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Sep 5, 10 5:21 PM
Alas, not for me. I am not fond of FROG games,and this one was much too cartoonish for my taste. Also very hard to see the items. I have a21 inch flat screen and the brightness up all the way, and still to dark for these old eyes. Sorry, not a buy for me.

crystalstorm
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by crystalstorm on Sep 5, 10 10:42 PM
I rather enjoyed this game. It was a nice change of pace to other storylines. The hand drawn graphics were crisp and clear A game that would keep your mind busy. The cursor didn't bother me. I didn't think it was worth full price though, There was too much reading for my liking. I would however get it for DD. I would suggest for various reasons that a good portion should be played before you decide.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Sep 6, 10 8:20 AM
ok... so first impression was tinkerbell meets scooby doo... then the intro movie starts and i'm thinking young tom is our fred and sheryl is our daphne - note the 'scarf' and 'headband'... also note that she's the one that gets dragged off... hmmm... oh, and then sprinkle some goblins from the black cauldron and a missing grandma... and it's turtle soup - a delicacy that only a few will enjoy and the rest will definitely spit out!

the options say it all... you can adjust sound and volume - lucky you - and you can choose to play your game in a window - WOW! - but that custom cursor is with you all the way, and rarely does its little claw actually grab at the right thing... no penalties, though, for random clicking otherwise i would have been thrown out before the 25-min marker...

so from the kiddie graphics to impossible play to adult themes - the kidnapping and violence, not the goblins - i think this game has it wrong all the way around,,, if you're going to make something that looks this silly - at least have some goofy stuff going on, some crafty dialogue, something! but if you're going to write some cr@ppy dialogue and resort to giant man-eating plants, don't even bother with the cutesy graphics obviously hobgobbled from all over animation land... it's insulting!

in case you're wondering, i really did not care for this game - either in look or in plot or in my soup

[Post New]by lukekitty on Sep 6, 10 6:52 PM
I hated this game when I started, but ended up loving it! The first time I played I stopped at the Elf Gate because I thought I was stuck...didn't realize I could use the map (duh!) ; by the time I realized it, I was so far into my new profile (started because I thought there was a glitch at the gate) I just stuck with that one. A glitch in the beginning of my next attempt drove me nuts and I had to restart the game with a new profile three times before I discovered that I needed to put the bridge together before I put the stone in the statue or the piece would disappear.
It is definitely a game that makes you think outside the proverbial box! Many hours of fun for $5; thanks BF ! Can’t wait for the sequel hinted at during the final movie!

Edited on 09/06/2010 at 6:53:47 PM PST

Thefranjy
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Thefranjy on Sep 9, 10 1:03 AM
My third shot at completing game....finally realised I'd wasted my money! Mentioned a million times by others....(1) Too dark to find items in most of the objects scenes (2) There are parts of the game which are just too obscure to follow without reading the walkthroughs, especially the Elf Gate scene (3) The cursor drove me crazy (4) Too much backtracking to find items for inventory.
Wasn't worth it.

Go to: