Reading dialog

[Post New]by JeriBigFish on Sep 12, 10 9:01 AM
I am having a problem in the game. I cannot read some parts of the dialog. For example, when I go to the picture where I need to hang the blue light, the glass opens and closes like teeth. But nothing is said. I see a little box that just has the dots in it (...), which makes me think something is being said. But I cannot read it. I also get the same thing when I go to the gardener. I see his head, where the constellations are drawn on the ledge, and I get the same dots (...). Can someone tell me what i should do about this?

Thanks for any help you can give! :-)

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

Reading dialog

[Post New]by nwl43 on Sep 12, 10 11:59 AM
JeriBigFish wrote:I am having a problem in the game. I cannot read some parts of the dialog. For example, when I go to the picture where I need to hang the blue light, the glass opens and closes like teeth. But nothing is said. I see a little box that just has the dots in it (...), which makes me think something is being said. But I cannot read it. I also get the same thing when I go to the gardener. I see his head, where the constellations are drawn on the ledge, and I get the same dots (...). Can someone tell me what i should do about this?

Thanks for any help you can give! :-)

The little box with the dots is just letting you know that the character will speak to you. You have to click on the character to bring up the dialogue.

Re:Welcome to Drawn: Dark Flight Collector's Edition® forum

[Post New]by SKYLARKONHIGH on Sep 12, 10 2:20 PM
SKYLARKONHIGH wrote:Absolutely love this game but seem to have run into a problem. I have completed up to the Queen painting but cannot get into the scene where you collect the unlit beacon so cannot progress any further. Any ideas gratefully accepted.

Still waiting for some help, please Guys, dying to continue.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Sep 12, 10 3:35 PM
SKYLARKONHIGH wrote:
SKYLARKONHIGH wrote:Absolutely love this game but seem to have run into a problem. I have completed up to the Queen painting but cannot get into the scene where you collect the unlit beacon so cannot progress any further. Any ideas gratefully accepted.

Still waiting for some help, please Guys, dying to continue.

You cannot get into that scene until you complete the queen painting and light the beacon which causes the shadows to disappear. I may not be understanding when you say you have completed "up to" the queen painting. If you can't solve the painting, your only choice to move forward is to use your skip.

eponym
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by eponym on Sep 14, 10 2:17 PM
I really loved this game. It was perfect.

I am a little perplexed by the achievement "A
Little Light Reading". Does anyone know what that was for? I finished the game without attaining it so it is driving me nuts.

Xipher
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Xipher on Sep 14, 10 3:03 PM
eponym wrote:I really loved this game. It was perfect.

I am a little perplexed by the achievement "A
Little Light Reading". Does anyone know what that was for? I finished the game without attaining it so it is driving me nuts.

I think you have to complete the candle puzzle w/o skipping it

woolfood
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by woolfood on Sep 15, 10 4:15 AM
I was waiting for Drawn2 or something like that since I played it first time. Atmosphere is amazing, great art, great job! I wondered about quality of this game.
Anyway it's little bit harder and sometimes I need to use hint, it's like a small chitting

Edited on 09/15/2010 at 4:15:37 AM PST

[Post New]by cristeana on Sep 16, 10 12:11 AM
when is the next one????I LOVED this and can hardly wait for the third installment. Also, it would be nice if bfg could make more games available for mac!!!!

dorts
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by dorts on Sep 16, 10 11:14 AM
I have really enjoyed the game so far but got as far as going to the library and then I am stumped cause I guess you have to get rid of the shadowy fog first and I can't find a way to do that. I have looked all over for a light but couldn't find one. Boy do I need help

benchivo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by benchivo on Sep 16, 10 11:17 AM
Just finished this game and I found it way more difficult than the first one. I ended up skipping the beacon puzzles because I got too frustrated. Overall I really enjoyed the game and will go back to play again when I'm not so impatient. I too am a Grandma and can't believe how much I've spent on these games but I like the fact that I have to think and keeps my mind active. Thanks Big Fish for lowering the collector's edition price! I didn't even download the trial just bought it. Question, is anyone else experiencing an abnormally slow time changing scenes? It seems like it's at least 10 seconds between each scene to load.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Sep 16, 10 11:29 AM
dorts wrote:I have really enjoyed the game so far but got as far as going to the library and then I am stumped cause I guess you have to get rid of the shadowy fog first and I can't find a way to do that. I have looked all over for a light but couldn't find one. Boy do I need help

By to the library do you mean that you are just at the door of the library or have you gone through the library and ended up at the large violinist statue. I could be more help if I knew exactly where you are in the game.

[Post New]by Fishiegs on Sep 17, 10 6:51 PM
Ok I am having some trouble I have finished the first part of this game it was great I had to use my brain to get through it.
Now my problem is that I have started the bonus part of this game and it keeps on stopping and then I have to restart my computer to go back ti the game.
Could you tell why this is happerning all the time, I have restarted the game 3 times already.
Thanks for your help, Game is great other then that happerning .
Love Bigfish Games.
Di

eponym
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by eponym on Sep 19, 10 6:20 AM
This game was fantastic! I could honestly say that it is among my top five all time favorites. The game was exquisitely drawn and executed. I was immersed in the story and scenery. BFG really did a beautiful job with this. Are there any awards for games the way there are for movies, TV, music, etcetera? If so BFG should win. It was really that good.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Sep 19, 10 7:06 AM
Fishiegs wrote:Ok I am having some trouble I have finished the first part of this game it was great I had to use my brain to get through it.
Now my problem is that I have started the bonus part of this game and it keeps on stopping and then I have to restart my computer to go back ti the game.
Could you tell why this is happerning all the time, I have restarted the game 3 times already.
Thanks for your help, Game is great other then that happerning .
Love Bigfish Games.
Di

You could try trashing and redownloading. If the problem persists, contact CS by clicking the green envelope on the right side of the screen.

Reading dialog

[Post New]by JeriBigFish on Sep 19, 10 8:06 AM
Thanks for the response nwl43, however, clicking the character does not produce any dialog. This is the same for any character, just the dots. Clicking the character does nothing.

>>The little box with the dots is just letting you know that the character will speak to you. You have to click on the character to bring up the dialogue.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

Reading dialog

[Post New]by nwl43 on Sep 19, 10 1:54 PM
JeriBigFish wrote:Thanks for the response nwl43, however, clicking the character does not produce any dialog. This is the same for any character, just the dots. Clicking the character does nothing.

>>The little box with the dots is just letting you know that the character will speak to you. You have to click on the character to bring up the dialogue.

So sorry that it is not working for you. You apparently have a problem with your game. Go to the green envelop at the bottom of this page and report the problem to customer support. They should be able to help you.

[Post New]by donnabgrey on Sep 21, 10 9:43 AM
I'm well into the game and need to get back to the pop up book...can't remember where it is!

[Post New]by biskitlady66 on Sep 23, 10 10:39 AM
I have a really (I mean really) dumb question. How do I get back to graveyard after I have collected all the window pieces? Some please help!!!!!!!!! I have even replayed the game twice and couldn't get back to graveyard any time. Thanks biskitlady66 I love this game site. So much better than some others i have used.

Edited on 09/23/2010 at 10:42:59 AM PST

[Post New]by petrie on Sep 24, 10 4:43 PM
I can not resolve the puzzles in this game, I would like to have the guide like the
other games I have, I love your games I am working with 3 games, this one I have
no finish, keep the good work I have over 100 games and keeping purchase
them, sincerely berta

fitzfluff
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Welcome to Drawn: Dark Flight Collector's Edition® forum

[Post New]by fitzfluff on Sep 24, 10 4:46 PM
I FINISHED THE PAPER LIBRARY AND THE HOLE OPENED UP WITH THE STAIRS BUT I CLICKED OFF OF IT NOW IT TELLS ME TO BUILD A BRIDGE BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE OR HOW I AM SUPPOSED TO BUILD A BRIDGE HELP PLEASE

Go to: