shebag
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Drawn: Dark Flight Collector's Edition®

[Post New]by shebag on Sep 2, 10 10:00 AM
down loaded the trial of this game as drawn the painted tower was excellent, well i have been logged onto play this game only to use 8 mins of trial with no game no screen just 0% on my screen was going to buy the full game dont think i will bother now, pmsl 8mins used just trying to load the game lol

[Post New]by cornardtye on Sep 2, 10 12:58 PM
I liked the demo but why did I only get 40mins? A sudden message saying 'thank you' and that was that!

[Post New]by wulfettenoire on Sep 2, 10 3:09 PM
I totally love the first Drawn and was really excited about the sequel. However, the sequel is too short and too easy compared to the first one, not to mention the price for CE. I mean, I do love the soundtrack and wallpapers, but I am still paying for a game, so I was hoping for the same experience...

Other than that, the music and the graphics are as nice.

Mini Spoiler (not going to destroy game experience, IMHO)

Marionette puzzle is a bit too simple (just needed to go to many places back and forth).
Theatre scene is a waste of time.
Bonus game is boring.

If there is a third one, please make the same effort as when you make the first game. Thank you.

[Post New]by jancheyenne on Sep 2, 10 3:46 PM
Gee, I thought I was a pretty good player, and I found some of the Puzzles were awesome and somewhat difficult! In fact, I skipped a couple of them because they were a little too complicated. Maybe I'm just not in the right mood today.

But totally love this game. Graphics and soundtrack are really good. Can't wait for another sequel.

And I also agree with the concept of rolling over punch card credits. I ended up earning THREE (3) free ones because I couldn't wait until after the first of the month to play a couple of them.

btw - apropo (or however you spell that) of nothing, my baby girls turns 40 today.

reickso
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by reickso on Sep 2, 10 5:13 PM
I cannot get past the first task and i am in the tutorial. Was anyone drinking when they started playing this game? The introduction is fine if you want to waste time in your free trial. I am 23 minutes into this game and I am too confused and frustrated to continue. I am usually not so frustrated that i do not wish too continue but this is the first time that I do not want to purchase it. I think it should win the dumbest game award not the best game award

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Sep 2, 10 5:43 PM
I really enjoyed the demo. But I am not really sure if I want to purchase the collector's edition. The artwork and voices are awesome. Sometimes the game is a bit confusing and I need to click on Franklin or use the hint. I have no clue which one is considered the smart guide. Sometimes I needed to use both to figure out what to do next. How I am supposed to figure some things out it s beyond me.
I may just wait for the SE for this game and use a walkthrough from another website for when I get stuck.

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Sep 2, 10 6:21 PM
I loved the first one and love this one too. It is beautiful and fun. I had trouble with some of the puzzles and skipped them, but am determined to go through it again and figure them out. The music and the look of the game sort of reminded me of Syberia although the game play is of course different. I felt that there was a lot of difference in this one in the "paintings" which for some reason they call "posters" in this one. I felt at times that I was watching parts of movies... some were disney-like some were like something that was done by Tim Burton. I love it, but was a little upset that it ended. Just like a good book, you hate that it ends...although it did say to be continued....This had very hard puzzles as far as I'm concerned. I spent sometimes over a half an hour on some and eventually skipped them just because I wanted to continue on with the game. I WILL play it again and try to figure out the puzzles. There are achievements that you can check and I want to make them. Overall completely engrossing and well worth the 14 dollars.

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Sep 2, 10 8:34 PM
I really like the first one, so this one was a sure-bet for me (so long as it launched and all, which it did).

But, it didn't seem to have a lot of logical flow to it. A lot of times, without hints, I would have no idea what I was supposed to do.

And, story wise, were the pictures we "played in" all supposed to be Iris's pictures, or are all pictures in the kingdom magical now?

And some of the puzzles were more tedious than difficult. I especially hated one of the coloring puzzles and skipped it. Of course, now that the game is over and I'm bored again, I wish I could go back and play with it.

For a collectors edition, it would be nice if we could go back and replay the puzzles.

I liked the theme of the bonus play, but thought the bonus puzzle was kind of a dud. All in all, it was a pretty good game but wasn't as great as I had hoped.

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 2, 10 11:28 PM
Because there is NO Logical Progression in the Game, you don't know where to go next. And those Hints - you sure need a GOOD memory to remember where everything is.

Don't know if I'll buy this. Still undecided.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Sep 3, 10 6:43 AM
Beautiful! Technically, wonderful, works fine on my comp, Vaio, Windows 7, aero card turned off, No screen freezes this time! I had fun, playing it and Franklin and the Hint system were a great help!
BFG developers should be proud!
5 fin production!!
Nana

[Post New]by fibropain on Sep 3, 10 6:47 AM
Thank you so much for the advice on how to get back to the cemetary!! What a fantastic and incredible game!! At the end of the game, before the bonus game, it says "to be continued" Is this true or was it meant for the bonus game? BIG FISH i salute you! Now get your heads together for a third Drawn!! thanks again. janet

polexia
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by polexia on Sep 3, 10 7:18 AM
I love the artwork, it's top of the line quality. I got the CE because the price came down and I LOVED the first Drawn. I'd play 20 of these if they would make 'em.

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on Sep 3, 10 7:40 AM
After 2 days of thinking, to be or not to be, and last 2 days games is not my cup of tea, I am so glad I bought it , one of the best game I have ever played, it will take me 2 or 3 days to finish, back to the game looking for more frogs, wonder where did there go? may be they hide behind my garden. Thank BF!

[Post New]by happygrams18 on Sep 3, 10 11:21 AM
I beta tested this game and I was negative on my findings.

When the game was available for purchase, I purchased it because it was a Collector's Edition...it had a new price...and from all I heard it was going to be a fabulous game. I was excited.

As soon as I opened the downloaded game and saw the artwork...I said, "oh no, it is the game I beta-tested."

From there I tried to have a positive feeling. I would say that the only thing I absolutely do not like is the artwork....the lines, the colors, etc. Now that is a minor thing so I should not be so "picky".

I am just having trouble getting into the game. I want to like it. I agree with others that the puzzles are difficult but I try them anyway.

I wish I would have tried the demo first...but I went right to the "big daddy" without blinking an eye.

Do I regret it? N0...I am learning to finally not rush into things!

I am glad to read that many of you fellow fishies love this game. That you like all aspects of it. That knowledge keeps me going on the game....that's right I am not finished with the game....and I am determined to finish it and then make a solid judgement.

I will be back in a few days.

crljncrl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by crljncrl on Sep 3, 10 11:47 AM
mostly_nameless wrote:I really like the first one, so this one was a sure-bet for me (so long as it launched and all, which it did).

But, it didn't seem to have a lot of logical flow to it. A lot of times, without hints, I would have no idea what I was supposed to do.

And, story wise, were the pictures we "played in" all supposed to be Iris's pictures, or are all pictures in the kingdom magical now?

And some of the puzzles were more tedious than difficult. I especially hated one of the coloring puzzles and skipped it. Of course, now that the game is over and I'm bored again, I wish I could go back and play with it.

For a collectors edition, it would be nice if we could go back and replay the puzzles.

I liked the theme of the bonus play, but thought the bonus puzzle was kind of a dud. All in all, it was a pretty good game but wasn't as great as I had hoped.

This review says it all . . .

Edited on 09/03/2010 at 11:48:29 AM PST

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

One if the worse games I bought!

[Post New]by joyzebra on Sep 3, 10 1:11 PM
Based on so many rave refiews I went ahead a purchased it. I hated it! I did not like the graphics or sounds and thought it rather childish. I had to continually get help and "so called-guide" was frustrating. I was tossed out of the game tiwce for no good reason and no message. This is one of those "love it or hate it" games. Try the demo, it doesn't get better in full game.

[Post New]by criket35 on Sep 3, 10 1:26 PM
Am having problems in the cart where you have to light the lanterns. You point Iris' arm and she shoots fire at them. got them all lit except one and it wont light...any suggestions?

[Post New]by sleepyaggie on Sep 3, 10 11:43 PM
So excited about this game!!! I haven't found one that really excited me to purchase in a while, and I loved the first Drawn.

[Post New]by suchcrazyness on Sep 4, 10 12:50 AM
Like so many have said, I loved the first game and sprang (sprung? springed?) at the CE. I am not at all disappointed. The art has a 'something' about it, and the music is perfectly haunting. I sort of agree that at times the next step was not intuitive, I did appreciate that Franklin wasn't on a timer this time, but I remember the same thing from the first one, /shrug.
I can understand why some people don't like it/don't quite 'get' it, but obviously there's a large group of people that appreciate the somewhat ethereal feel to this series. And that's what the demo's are for, right?

but really, the only reason I'm posting is to say thanks for a frikkin AWESOME game.
and also to wish that the stained glass window were available as a wallpaper.
thanks a lot!

Leaty
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Leaty on Sep 4, 10 8:05 AM
The game is a true sequel. Everything bigger, everything more, but still something's missing...
I loved the first one. The puzzles, the story, the art. It all fitted together for a masterpiece. The downside is, with every masterpiece come expectations that this is the norm. And Drawn: Dark Flight is surely a great, maybe even exceptional game, but nowhere as good as the first one.

The storytelling is rather endeavoring. The lack of characters like the scarecrow or the tree doesn't help it. It quickly feels like running from one puzzle to the next one.
It also lacks a lot of it's originality which made the first one so great. I'd say it's even predictable - that "to be continued" at the end.... Raven... the similarities... yes, it had such a big pointer over it hanging.

The longer I played, the more bits and pieces came together, which left me with a feeling of working it through instead of enjoying it.
Two examples which I found cumbersome:
- theater poster. Puzzling together some paper scraps isn't anything new or exciting, but it also doesn't have to be. However, turning that scraps around has been done easier and much more intuitive before. Yes, it was one out of 3 puzzles I skipped up to that part of the game - not because it was so hard, but because it was so annoying.
- the artist / theater part. While really good done, it doesn't add anything to the story anymore. All that his show reveals is already known. A repetition just for handing out a plot-item?

In the end my final conclusion boils down to: too much puzzles, too little Iris.

Go to: