Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Escape from Frankenstein's Castle

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 18, 10 8:58 PM
The graphics were well done. The storyline is excellent and a bit scary. There are no HOG parts of this game. You have to find objects, that you can just pick up in a room, to get past an achievement. Gameplay took a bit of learning, so don't give up in the first room. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Just one problem, the game was really short. I was one achievement away from the end when the demo ended.

I would say it's an A-. This game needs to be longer.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Oct 9, 10 3:54 AM
I agree with most of you about the the game. Nothing more to say apart that it's not a buy for me.

Kassy9
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Kassy9 on Oct 11, 10 12:38 PM
I found this game to be very boring. Anything you do involves endless loading. The graphics are nothing special. I did not even finish the trial. Big waste of time.

wrath6
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wrath6 on Oct 12, 10 3:13 PM
I am being lazy, but Catghost stated everything i wanted to say about the game.
Catghost wrote:Wow, I get to be the first to review. Nice.

Well, here goes. I played the full hour of demotime and must admit I like the story.
The artwork in the cutscenes is cartoonish, but not bad. The game itself has nice and clear graphs, items can be located easily. At first it looks like you have to randomly click everywhere in the scene, but that is not the case. If you click on the objective in your taskbook (left) it shows you what you need, but, mind you, not always. This game askes a lot of thinking for yourself and I do like that a lot.
No penalty for random clicking, obviously . Hintsystem could be a bit more clear, but as I said, the game askes for thinking, so I didn't mind. Found my way around anyway.

What I didn't like is the endless loading between scenes. I couldn't move from one scene to another without the game having to load. That deserved some more attention in developping the game. Custom cursor was sluggish, but I didn't check if it could be turned off .

Recap: this is an adventuregame (not a HOG or even an iHOG) and I think it's nice enough to spend a credit on as soon as I get my mail from BFG with my punchcardcredits. (It's September 2nd. Come on, peeps!).

Happy gaming!

EDIT: While I was typing, two fishies got ahead of me, so ignore the comment of me being the first.

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on Oct 18, 10 3:04 PM
I did get stuck one time, silly me I needed 4 powercells took a while the find the last one.
Game is cool it should have been longer.
One thing I found irritating, the slow loading between rooms.

Rohangirl
Stingray
Stingray
5,716 Posts

[Post New]by Rohangirl on Nov 21, 10 6:16 PM
Great game only problem is if you pick up something before you are prompted by the game you cannot proceed. Other games allow you to keep them in your inventory for use later not this game, you have to start all over again as a new profile. Otherwise I'm enjoying this game.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Feb 4, 11 9:45 PM
I enjoyed this game. Nice change from hidden object scenes, which frankly am so bored with. I enjoy more of an adventure game. Got it in the sale for 4.99 which is worth it. Not the best, amazing adventure game out there, but a good solid game - B.

For when you want to pass the time and not think to hard.

pros - no hand holding,
no sparkle areas
adventure game, nice story
well defined tasks to do,
click on each task to get more hints/help with it
skip for puzzles

cons - wait time between each scene does take a couple of seconds
not long game - 3-4hrs length, even shorter for very experienced gamer
cartoon cut scenes
could have more puzzles and harder ones
map could have been interactive - should be able to click to a room and go there

mcbobbin
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by mcbobbin on Feb 5, 11 3:34 PM
Meh....it's a good waste of time for a slow saturday, but not impressive. More frustrating than intriguing. I didn't like the cartoonish nature...and it's certainly not what I'd call a "Find it" game. I also did NOT like the loading between scenes....

mcbobbin
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by mcbobbin on Feb 5, 11 3:35 PM
Meh....it's a good waste of time for a slow saturday, but not impressive. More frustrating than intriguing. I didn't like the cartoonish nature...and it's certainly not what I'd call a "Find it" game. I also did NOT like the loading between scenes....

mcbobbin
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by mcbobbin on Feb 5, 11 3:35 PM

magshev
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by magshev on Mar 7, 11 3:57 PM
I like this game....but....cannot be doing with the age it takes going from scene to scene, so its a no buy from me, pity as this is realy my sort of game

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Apr 1, 11 5:00 PM
I am very confused!! Within the first 30 min. of the demo I had to go to the walkthrough. I don't mind using the walkthrough for a hint now and then but with this game I think it would be a constant. The story was good and I don't mind the graphics to much but it takes to long to load between scenes and you have click on items and hope you need them. In the hour I played I couldn't exactly figure out what the object was for parts of the game. But, after all that I may actually buy it at some point just because I am curious. From the looks of the walkthrough I do think the length would be great. This is a WHO KNOWS!

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Apr 4, 11 8:03 PM
This game was OK. To much loading time every time you change scene's. It seemed like you had to click to many time's to get an item or to complete a task. Don't make a sequel......

[Post New]by Allawishas on Apr 17, 11 12:12 PM
I finished this game with 4 minutes to spare in the hour demo. Do not purchase this game if you are looking for a long life game.

kidzz3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by kidzz3 on Jun 3, 11 6:41 PM
Really dislike that the game has to "reload" whenever you go into a new room. Maybe it's just because it's an older generation game and I'm spoiled, but I won't be buying this one.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 12, 11 9:21 AM
Game Ratings:

Graphics – 2 stars
Story – 3 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 2.5 stars
Overall – 2.625 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by Underthebridge on Sep 12, 11 1:53 PM
man this game sucks...I usually like BIg Fish games...but this one..REALLY..I mean
no hint button...to much boring dialog...thank goodness there is a walkthrough..but who wants to stop the game every 5 minutes to read to know what to do...that is not any fun..why bother...and yes I agree...takes to long to down load, and the visability resolution of what you are to pick up is so poor...this game is 2 thumbs down...

sheneya
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by sheneya on Oct 27, 11 11:00 PM
It's got good graphics, but there's no hints or help unless you go out and look at the walkthrough, the constant loading is annoying, but understandable considering the large file size, I probably won't buy it due to the lack of usable hints and the cryptic answers you get on from the things that are supposed to help.

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Apr 7, 12 1:23 PM
fab game well done big fish. graphics good. music dynamic. lots of great puzzles

pimmich
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by pimmich on Jun 12, 12 1:28 PM
interesting game but would be more enjoyable if one did not have to wait for the silly wheel to change rooms. became a bore that.

Go to: