icemaidenq
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison

[Post New]by icemaidenq on Sep 6, 10 6:09 PM
So, I've never posted in the forums before (hope I get it right lol), but after finishing this game I felt I had to...OMG, was this game great! Kinda creepy (love it) good puzzles, great graphics, good story line. Not a bunch of hidden object scenes but you did have to search for objects to use. Had no technical issues. I can't wait for a sequel!!!

You won't go wrong with this one - 5-6 hours of play.
LT

Edited on 09/06/2010 at 6:10:25 PM PST

kiwiminx
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by kiwiminx on Sep 6, 10 6:26 PM
Only my 3rd Post on BFG ever...... But I just had to say how much I enjoyed this game!! It was the bargain of the century. Great graphics, varied mini games, no pixel hunting and a creepy but not scary story line that flowed well. (Except for the ending which I didn't quite get) But even the ending didn't feel like a let down because I was still buzzing from the whole game. It had good length to it too without unnecessary cut scene padding which was fantastic.

It was the type of game where I avoided using the hints at all costs because I wanted to enjoy every moment of it. Probably the best game I have played in a long time... which is a big compliment because BFG has some very very good games available. I might even play this one again, which I am rarely tempted to do with most games. Boy do I love this site

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Sep 6, 10 6:46 PM
Welcome to the new fishies and thank you to all who gave reviews!

No technical issues whatsoever on my Windows7 laptop, and this is the first BFG that has interested me enough to buy in some time (I am completely sick of HOGs and TMs), and with the sale price it is affordable, thank you !!!

I really appreciate the reviewers who played the whole game. I am all about puzzles and found the demo ones a bit easy so I'm glad to hear they get more challenging. And I also like that it doesn't get me totally lost like some LFs.

The one "hidden object scene" was hilarious!

Finally a buy for me, thanks to it being my kind of game, and of course the awesome sale

Edited on 09/06/2010 at 6:47:03 PM PST

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Sep 6, 10 7:33 PM
Awesome game!

Windows 7 laptop with an ATI Radeon video card and no freezes or cursor problems.

There were a couple of places where I felt a little lost and got hints, but the hints were usually spot on without giving away all the surprises.

Bring on more like this one!!!

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Sep 6, 10 11:24 PM
My goodness, I feel stupid with all the posts saying it's so easy and boring. I am trying to figure out the DNA gathering, testing etc. and to me it's quite challenging.

With that said, I haven't had any of the technical issues that have been listed here. I'm playing on a Dell Studio laptop running Vista and have not had one single issue.

I love this game and I am taking my sweet time. Thank you BFG for the sale and being able to purchase this game and two others.

Kj

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Sep 7, 10 12:13 AM
Just finished, and overall I really enjoyed this. Thought it was plenty long enough, and liked the story. My only quibble is with the minigames. They seemed to be either very easy-so easy that I thought the solution was too obvious to be right, or confusing enough that I had to look at the walkthrough. Hmmmmm. Liked that you took photos as you went-saves some time going back and forth to look at important things, since you just looked at your photos instead of backtracking-great idea. Graphics are nice, and no music until the end, which is okay with me for a change of pace. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for the next part of this story

calabashbb
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by calabashbb on Sep 7, 10 5:27 AM
I must have downloaded a different trial, this game was boring, to say the least.

kac41556
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by kac41556 on Sep 7, 10 8:43 AM
I'm really enjoying the game. I would say I'm around halfway finished -- I'm now in the lab. I've only used one hint, so the perfect level of difficulty for me. It is somewhat linear, you have four or five areas to search for the puzzle pieces before moving on to the next one, so you know that the answer is somewhere there. And, it has a snarky sense of humor. I'm really glad I bought it, as it is one of the better games of the year.

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

Re:Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison

[Post New]by dianaluna on Sep 7, 10 9:54 AM
gentlegirl wrote:Hi!

I just tried this game and i like it. The downside is that the cursor can not be controlled when i try to use something from my inventory. Very frustrating. I have sent a mail to customer support.

Gentlegirl, could you PM me if you get some info on what to do? Or share it in the pond? tHanks!

Ticking
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Ticking on Sep 7, 10 4:01 PM
I liked this game very much. Some of the puzzles were new to me and even when they weren't they were done in a pleasing way. Graphics very well done. Story more coherent than most and some humour as well. I particularly liked the camera photos allowing you to look at clues while doing the puzzles. Thanks for an enjoyable few hours

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Sep 7, 10 7:37 PM
I really like this one! Now I wish I hadn't missed out on the sale this past weekend. Oh, well, there is always Veteran's Day next month for a sale.

I had trouble with the game at first, mainly with the cursor, before I downloaded the changes. After that everything ran smoothly adn I had no problems with the cursor. Also, there is a place in the Options area where you can click "off" on the custom cursor which helps in a lot of cases. I also really like the addition of the brightness control in the Options area. This game has just the right mixture of information so you have enugh to figure out what to do on your own without being told exactly what to do. Thanks for a great game BF!

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Sep 7, 10 8:25 PM
This one is not my cup of tea. I'm glad so many of you enjoyed it so much. We are very fortunate to have a variety of games. I played about 3/4 of it an just got tired of games and puzzles. I like more of an interesting story. I am happy to say I didn't get any help with the puzzles or use the skip but had enough. I did get it on sale ;however and who knows maybe some day I will finish it. But nuff for me now. For those who like it so much - enjoy!

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Sep 7, 10 9:24 PM
This was a great game and well worth the money. I had no problems with my cursor but I have with other games and just turned off the game cursor to turn it into a normal cursor and had no problems after all.

I enjoy the dark spooky stories the best, and thought the story line was good.
There was only 1 **** game which I think is great. I would have liked a few less mini games though and a little more snooping around. The fact that they had a skip button when I didn't want to take the time to figure them out was good. I also liked that there were no penalties for clicking.

I love adventure games without a lot of ****. Here is hoping for a lot more of them to come

talisman018
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

[Post New]by talisman018 on Sep 8, 10 12:06 AM
Update: Changed my opinion from "only on sale" to "super good game"!

Okay, I bought it, finished it, and only used one hint. It's pretty much all puzzles, like the mini-games between HOG scenes in "Ravenhurst". There's also hunting and collecting for things to get you from place 1 to place 2, figuring out how to use them, etc. My personal estimation is that the puzzles range from easy to tricky, with none of them being super hard. (I used a hint to find an item that I was missing. Felt like such a dummy, since it was in plain sight. )

Graphics: Good! Nice and clear. There was a bit of writing that was a little on the small side, but the clues were easy enough to read.

Gameplay: Excellent! If you like all puzzles, all the time. Which I do. This was the perfect game for me. The trouble with slow-down was fixed by changing the cursor off the Custom to the Standard. There is an update that I'm about to download, which will hopefully fix this problem.

Music: Average. You can turn it all the way down to off if you like. It was erratic, sometimes being there and sometimes oddly missing. Not annoying when it was there, though.

Of special note: since there are no penalties for clicking on things more than once, I did. And sometimes, the notices I got were hilarious! Great sense of humour!

Very much worth the price. I got about 5 hours of solid, intense play out of it. I admit to being fast with puzzles, so it was a bit short for me, but still very worthwhile. Highly recommended.

mafabray
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by mafabray on Sep 8, 10 6:37 AM
I am so glad I didn't jump in and purchase this game before trying it like I usually do. I found this game to be boring and it could not hold my attention. The scences are very dark and there isnt any sound. Just not right for me hope others enjoy.

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on Sep 8, 10 7:10 AM
At first glance at this game, I keep wondering, hmm this seems so familiar, are they all blending into each other for me? Then realized I had beta tested it. The changes they made were just right. Thoroughly enjoyed it, puzzles were different and some gave you pause for a minute. Looking forward to any sequel.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Sep 8, 10 11:23 AM
Great game, I'm glad I bought it. Quite creepy, I caught myself giving sideways glances in my sitting room after I left the game. I'm a slow player and haven't finished it yet and it's nice to think I still have plenty of things to discover. Some of the mini games are not that easy, turned the music off as I was already a little nervous and didn't want to increase that!! Good game.

[Post New]by wellychocolate on Sep 8, 10 12:22 PM
love it, but too short, as always with these games, lots of diffrent puzzles, no music though, complited in a day, which is a shame, but well done move of the same but LOOOOOOOONNNNGGGGGGGEEEERRRRR.

_Jinxy_
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by _Jinxy_ on Sep 8, 10 12:34 PM
I bought this game without testing it first in the trial version.

Great game, loved the storyline. Characters and game play were spooky and eerie.
The only thing that dissapointed me was the length of the game, it felt as though you were just getting somewhere and 'bang' it ended.

I could have played it for a few more hours, it did not take long to finish with the puzzle skips and hints. I found the puzzles to be somewhat challenging and not very explanatory in what was expected in order to complete them.

With this said I am looking forward to the sequel and will be buying it.

[Post New]by Calicouchima1 on Sep 8, 10 12:38 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this game! I bought it with the "glitch" and updated when update was available. I did get stuck on the mini-game on the table where the bird cage is...I was unable to "click" the last piece into place (it only worked if I right-clicked, which didn't count towards completing puzzle) so I uninstalled and reinstalled, that didn't help. I had to start game again from the beginning under different profile and that time it worked fine. The game would have been better, I think, with music. Thanks Big Fish!

Go to: