Re:Post any Nightmare Adventures:The Witch's Prison technical issues here only

[Post New]by christinesav on Sep 6, 10 12:31 PM
I have the same cursor problems as you all.

I wanted to purchase this game having read all the good reports, so have gone ahead and bought the game, with the special weekend discount voucher, even though at the moment it doesn't work. The voucher runs out at midnight tonight (UK) time, so hopefully I have grabbed a bargain!

As always ,( hopefully) BFG will ensure that there is a "fix", so I have purchased at the special price, and will now wait and see what happens.

I would advise those of you who want a bargain game, which looks like it has good potential to do the same. Be brave !!

frostledge
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by frostledge on Sep 6, 10 12:32 PM
MemorableMovies wrote:The game installed fine and the graphics were beautiful until I entered the caretaker's house. The screen is white with thin gray lines covering the screen, the furniture in the room is a little deeper shade of white so you can't see them... the only thing that's visable is the chair. I tried using hints to find things to click on, and each time a box opened, the graphic was perfect. The problem is in the room. When I exit the room, all graphics are normal. I'm running Windows Vista, completely updated with the latest graphic and Direct X drivers. It looks like a good game but I'm not buying something I can't see. Please fix this.

I am not having cursor issues but once I got into the caretaker's house, I had the same thing! Gray and white lines kind of like if you have bad reception and the only thing visible was the chair with the remote on it. As I moved the cursor around, I would get the eyeball icon to look at something and it DID let me plug in the extension cord but I can't see anything beyond that as to what to do. Very odd but I am glad I am not the only one who isn't having this issue as I was reading down, no one else seemed to have the "blank" screen issue like I was. Guess I'm gonna have to wait.....

[Post New]by zoejaz on Sep 6, 10 1:01 PM
Cursor doesn't work. It can't be controlled in the game. It seems that the cursor should have been tested properly before the game was released !

sullysdragons
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by sullysdragons on Sep 6, 10 1:43 PM
No cursor problems, but my game is "stuck". I finished the graveyard area (with the DNA). It then takes you to a cut scene where you are following some people. It showed the first line of text then sat there. I clicked on Next --- nothing happened. I clicked on skip --- nothing happens. I'm going to have to force quit and probably lose the entire game up to this point as I hadn't stopped or saved.

Very annoying and I'm going out of town, so hopefully it will have been addressed and fixed by the time I return. If not I'll be asking for a refund.

emwenz
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by emwenz on Sep 6, 10 1:58 PM
LuvDemGames wrote:
LuvDemGames wrote:Froze at one point and I couldn't close it. I had to shut down the computer to get out. I will try to continue, but I'm worried it might do that again.

I went back and everything worked fine. PHEW!

Great game actually, even though I had to refer to the walkthrough for some of the puzzles. I wish the developers would at least let us know what we are supposed to accomplish. I don't need my hand held but faced with a puzzle I have never seen before I need an idea where to start.

Dear Luv..., what system are you using? I'm using Window XP with Direct X, shockwave and Adobe flash, all recent , double core with 2GB of RAM and I too have the cursor problem.

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Sep 6, 10 2:02 PM
CAN SOMEONE HERE AT BIGFISH GIVE US AN ANSWER TO THIS GAME PROBLEM(S), BEFORE THE SALE ENDS?? THANK YOU.

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Sep 6, 10 2:19 PM
Not going to happen. The sale ends at midnight and no one will be in the office until 9am Pacific time tomorrow.

Maybe BFG will offer the game at the sale discount since the majority of us seem to be having problems with it, but no guarantees. As I stated earlier, I had the same issue with Secrets of the Dragons Wheel and it was never resolved.

Edited on 09/06/2010 at 2:20:43 PM PST

Re:Nightmare Adventures:The Witch's Prison - Technical Issues

[Post New]by rcbrcbrcb on Sep 6, 10 2:36 PM
JosCafe wrote:Using Windows Vista on a Delll Laptop -

Game downloaded and installed, but when trying to run it, the screen just flashes over and over and over .. have to use task manager, find it and shut it down.

I uninstalled it.

[Post New]by rcbrcbrcb on Sep 6, 10 2:40 PM
Downloaded the game and when I click to play the screen keeps flashing, I have to shut down computer to get out of this mess. Hope they fix this soon or someone please tell me how to fix. Thanks

[Post New]by christinesav on Sep 6, 10 2:52 PM
Update to you all.

I am in the UK and have had a reply from BFG so someone is definately working today!!

It is 10.30pm UK time so it would be am in Seattle.

They have said that a patch is being sorted, so again I would advise anyone interested to purchase at the Sale price, and wait for the patch which should be quite soon.

That is what I am going to do as it is a bargain at this price.

ttomm46
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by ttomm46 on Sep 6, 10 3:03 PM
Had to try it for myself...a total bugfest...Not a very well tested game..no buy for now!

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Sep 6, 10 3:23 PM
It's not the morning in Seattle. Right now, I am posting this at 6:23pm eastern time, usa. That means it is 3:23 pm in Seattle. If the game devs and personnel at BFG are working on Labor Day (a federal holiday in the US), that would be surprising to say the least.

I am not purchasing at this time, patch or no patch "in the works", because of prior experience when games did this. If they do patch it successfully, I will bite the bullet and pay the extra $2.99 when and if it is fixed.

Edited on 09/06/2010 at 3:24:23 PM PST

[Post New]by stornyla58 on Sep 6, 10 4:19 PM
I bought this game, installed it, experienced vido and cursor problems, uninstalled and reinstalled ., same problems. Bouncy cursor and unable to see the whole picture .. very frustrating. Hopefully BFG will either fixm the problem or refund the purchase price ....I'm very disappointed!

gntpat
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by gntpat on Sep 6, 10 4:21 PM
I, too, am having serious cursor problems. The inventory items wont stay in the inventory. I tried to pick up the cloth to clean something and that started a whole series of problems. I'm quiting. Please run a Beta test on this game.

[Post New]by myrajoon on Sep 6, 10 4:35 PM
I seem to have lost half of my inventory, including the ID card, the lion's head tile and the key. I have a feeling I'm going to need these at some point.

[Post New]by nigeltkatt on Sep 6, 10 4:50 PM
The demo version never worked on my laptop. I got the black flashy problem that other people have had and the game never started. Program manager failed to stop the flashing, so I had to restart the laptop and delete the game.

However, it works fine on my desktop with no problems whatsoever. Both are new Dell machines running Vista.

[Post New]by mellomonkey on Sep 6, 10 5:13 PM
same curser problem here and I uninstalled it and reloaded it but no fix

[Post New]by shoeknee on Sep 6, 10 5:26 PM
myrajoon wrote:I seem to have lost half of my inventory, including the ID card, the lion's head tile and the key. I have a feeling I'm going to need these at some point.

[Post New]by shoeknee on Sep 6, 10 5:30 PM
After skipping the part about the pipes, my inventory disappeared

[Post New]by yellen on Sep 6, 10 5:50 PM
game got stuck as heroine hides behind tree and watches dark figures enter cemetery
is this being fixed?

Go to: