Re:Post any Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White technical issues here only

[Post New]by ZIPPURR on Sep 21, 10 7:23 PM
Hi, I seem to be having the same problems - I had reached the lake, turned of the game and now I find that I can not find my way back. Hope they find a patch soon

[Post New]by caitlindou on Sep 21, 10 11:28 PM
I have got through the door with the 5 symbols on it.. and am on my way up the stairs..
when I was trying to deal with the clock.. I tried to use my hammer to smash various objects around it.. and then the hammer left my inventory.. now I need my hammer to smash the brittle stone before going up the stairs.... but I have no hammer and they wont let me go up the stairs until i smash the stone...
therefore I am at a stale mate... I really dont want to have to start the whole thing again.. is there anything that can be done?
Thanks

jscrafts
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by jscrafts on Sep 21, 10 11:58 PM
Hey anyone remember Alice in Wonderland and the problem getting passed the basement? Have they ever gotten a fix for that game yet? I know that last night I downloaded it again and reinstalled and still have the same problem. The point I am trying to make is if they haven't gotten a fix for it, how long ago was it when it came out. We may be waiting until hell freezes before getting any type of fix for any of these games. I am getting very discouraged with the problems having with many games at this time.

[Post New]by inkanova on Sep 22, 10 10:00 AM
I used the chat to report the problem with "Woman in White". They told me, that they know about the problems (there seem to be more then one) and they are trying to fix it. They also told me, that the GM will tell us, when there is an update of the game. I had my credits back 2 minutes after I left the chat.

Bigfishgames

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Sep 22, 10 12:37 PM
I experienced several technical issues - the first being that I could not open this game at all until a fix was made available. Then the game opened and played fine until I closed it during the Gazebo chapter - when I went back in there was no way to find my way back to where I had left off at the lake - it looks like this is a current technical issue that is being looked into. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but ended up in the same go nowhere place, so had to create a new profile and play through in one sitting - that worked for me with no further glitches, but is not something I really like to do.

[Post New]by adri416 on Sep 22, 10 6:35 PM
He experimentado varios problemas técnicos. He intentado desinstalar y reinstalar, pero terminó en el mismo lugar a ninguna parte .

Cualquier persona que me ayude ?

Tks .

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on Sep 22, 10 7:09 PM
I should have checked before buying. I'm at the end, came to check the walkthrough, and it takes me back to limmeridge. Can't get back to blackwater park. Will try uninstall, but from what I'm reading, may not work. Fingers crossed.

nchmvegas
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by nchmvegas on Sep 22, 10 11:07 PM
started over and thought everything ok until I reached the clock. Oh boy! It ate my inventory and this is the most screwed up game I've ever attempted to play in 10 years I've been playing online games. Needs to be totally reworked and credits issued to everyone who attempted to play this silly thing. Not worth my time.

bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Sep 23, 10 10:03 AM
Hey folks!

We've just released an updated version of the game that should fix the majority of issues users have been experiencing including the following:

*A black bar message appearing if the player clicks on the gate at the graveyard and there is unfinished business

*Enlarged hotspot for placing the faucet handle in the bathroom

*Clock puzzle “eating” inventory items

*Game not resuming at various locations and while a zoom in is active

*Game crashing should also be resolved for many users

To get this new version, simply uninstall and reinstall the game. After uninstalling and reinstalling, you'll need to create a new player profile for the new version to take effect!

Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you continue to experience issues with this game particularly the game crashing, please contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Edited on 09/23/2010 at 2:14:02 PM PST

[Post New]by tigira on Sep 23, 10 12:17 PM
BGOVEA wrote:Like so many others in the forum, the game I downloaded today won't let me leave the graveyard. All copies of notes and letters are in my notebook and all the chapel scenes say everything is finished. What do I do now?

I'm have the same issue. Help, please. The game is stuck at the graveyard.

[Post New]by Phoenix1123 on Sep 23, 10 1:45 PM
I have downloaded the 'new version', and it still will not execute. Now it does not even get to the BF Logo, screen goes black, then the GM comes up with the number of minutes remaining on the demo, which is 60. Uninstalled it again. What gives BF? All of these issues are getting out of hand!

fremaw
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by fremaw on Sep 23, 10 1:47 PM
Downloaded the new version and then bought it. However, am stuck in the gazebo because I missed picking up the spool handle for the fishing reel. Now the game won't let me go back and get it and I can go no further. Hopefully this problem as well as others will be fixed soon. I probably should have waited longer before buying this game. All glitches are not worked out yet. Disappointed.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 23, 10 1:49 PM
Phoenix1123 wrote:I have downloaded the 'new version', and it still will not execute. Now it does not even get to the BF Logo, screen goes black, then the GM comes up with the number of minutes remaining on the demo, which is 60. Uninstalled it again. What gives, BF? All of these issues are getting out of hand!
That's not an issue with the game. My guess is that your graphics drivers are out of date. CS should be able to help you with that. Click on the green envelope, then the Contact Us hyperlink, then select Technical Issues from the drop-down list.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 23, 10 1:50 PM
fremaw wrote:Downloaded the new version and then bought it. However, am stuck in the gazebo because I missed picking up the spool handle for the fishing reel. Now the game won't let me go back and get it and I can go no further. Hopefully this problem as well as others will be fixed soon. I probably should have waited longer before buying this game. All glitches are not worked out yet. Disappointed.
Which new version, 18th or 22nd?

[Post New]by twinnurses2 on Sep 23, 10 1:54 PM
I am having the same issues as others. Log out of the game and when I come back it is not saved to where I left off. Cannot get back to continue the game. I uninstalled and re-installed the game with no luck. I also followed your advice and went in manually to check for updates. It tells me there are none. No "update available" message on game manager screen either. I already purchased this game so what is the fix?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 23, 10 1:56 PM
When did you buy the game?

[Post New]by OkAlGirl on Sep 23, 10 4:49 PM
Very upset have bought a few games here but this game lost my thing at the clock as many other have .Have reloaded this twice and it takes me right back where I lost my things so Not going to redo this again I am going back to Pogo and Spintop never has a problem with theses games .Think you need to fix theses issue before you lose everyone.Also I too would like refund I used my one free game for this one and what a dissapointment,

shaboo58
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by shaboo58 on Sep 23, 10 5:11 PM
OK......I redownload the fix after getting to the area where they wanted laura to sign papers. everywhere I went it said I was done with the area. today after I was told there was a fix,sept 23 after 2:30 central time, I downlaoded again, restarted with a new person and got done with the chapel and into the grave yard and it won't let me into the gate. I got farther with the first download. This is crap!!!!! How many more times do I have to reinstall or start over for this thing to work???? SOMEBODY PLEASE FIX THIS THING.

Edited on 09/23/2010 at 5:13:26 PM PST

[Post New]by laboerschig on Sep 23, 10 6:50 PM
I have read everything on the forum so far and for the new update today and uninstalled and reinstalled as requested. I checked my graphics and it is up to date. Funny thing is, previous nights I have played this no problem. Now for some reason, I can't open the game... got to the first two screens and then went off before the reinstall. Now after loading the new game, I get 2 black screens and my desktop again. I'm not too difficult of a customer but I would like to at least finish the game before I have to uninstall it, especially since I did pay for it. Please advise what my next step is. I really wanted to spend this evening playing but now I have to watch some new comedy pilots.

[Post New]by blessedgramma on Sep 23, 10 7:15 PM
so can i please have some help with the color key? I cant seem to find it thats the only problem ive had so far

Go to: