Re:Your Comments and Reviews for James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies

[Post New]by BetheBibliophile on Oct 6, 10 6:18 PM
I must be the biggest dummy because I can't find the pliers that are supposed to be sitting on the coil of metal in the donation bin. I have left and gone back, with no luck.

I like the built-in guide, but the idea of a hint and then a more defined answer isn't bad, either, for those who don't like to have it all spelled out at once. Most of the games I play - well, none of them, have had the guides built in. This is my first. I couldn't believe I missed the first quarter.

Any help with the pliers would be appreciated because I am quite frustrated. Knowing they are supposed to be there and STILL not finding them is really ticking me off.

Thanks!

PS: When I saw there was a WMC game, I knew I would use my credit for it. Otherwise I would probably wait for a Mumbo Jumbo hidden object - they have lots of levels.

Lottea
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies

[Post New]by Lottea on Oct 6, 10 7:47 PM
The pliers are to the left on the door to the junk yard

[Post New]by erincally on Oct 7, 10 9:35 AM
fishdawn wrote:To get the flyer to go under the door...click the flyer on the keyhole (not on the bottom of the door). At least that's how it worked for me. Hope that helps.

BTW, LOVED the game! I think it's their best one yet. /quote]

Nothing is working for me re the flyer also, and because its save and exit, anytime
I return to the game Im stuck at the same spot with same trouble!!!

Dont want o start all over again...

[Post New]by erincally on Oct 7, 10 2:31 PM
Nothing is working for me re the flyer also, and because its save and exit, anytime
I return to the game Im stuck at the same spot with same trouble!!!

Dont want o start all over again...

Managed to get the flyer under the door :-)

click on keyhole (dialogue will appear), then click on door (more dialogue) and then couple of clicks later, the flyer was in place.

was convinced Id missed the step of trying toolbox key in the door and had locked myself out...doh!

JoHutton
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by JoHutton on Oct 8, 10 8:01 AM
Best James Patterson HOG ever! I always bought the others because I'm a huge James Patterson fan but was always dissappointed after playing them. I was very impressed with this one. Definitely a 5 star buy for me!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 8, 10 12:17 PM
Great game, shame about the spoilers in a comments thread.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Oct 8, 10 4:58 PM
I loved this game. I found it strangely addictive. Once I started, it was hard to stop until I finished it. Great storyline, fun puzzles, good hidden object scenes. I can't ask for more! I think this is the best of these games that I've played. I seem to remember irritating sparklies "helping" me along in the other games, and there's none of that here. This was definitely well-made. This has collector's edition elements without the price. You get to unlock wallpaper and such, plus there's an integrated strategy guide (although a couple of times it wasn't as helpful as I wanted), and an epilogue flashback to play at the end that I didn't particularly care for. Still, the fundamentals of the game are very strong. I'd definitely recommend this one.

Edited on 10/08/2010 at 7:04:40 PM PST

[Post New]by MRSBUCHANAN on Oct 9, 10 6:59 AM
BetheBibliophile wrote:I must be the biggest dummy because I can't find the pliers that are supposed to be sitting on the coil of metal in the donation bin. I have left and gone back, with no luck.

I like the built-in guide, but the idea of a hint and then a more defined answer isn't bad, either, for those who don't like to have it all spelled out at once. Most of the games I play - well, none of them, have had the guides built in. This is my first. I couldn't believe I missed the first quarter.

Any help with the pliers would be appreciated because I am quite frustrated. Knowing they are supposed to be there and STILL not finding them is really ticking me off.

Thanks!

PS: When I saw there was a WMC game, I knew I would use my credit for it. Otherwise I would probably wait for a Mumbo Jumbo hidden object - they have lots of levels.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 9, 10 11:23 AM
MRS BUCHANAN : I SENT YOU A PM ABOUT THOSE PLIERS

I think this is the best game of the series - Involving story, superb graphics and the best voice acting I have ever heard in a game (better than some movies I've seen.. LOL). Really an outstanding game!! It is neither too short nor too long (they wrap it up at just about the right time) and it is an enjoyable game all around. It is totally worth every cent PLUS as a huge bonus - if you use strategy guides, which I don't, it is right there in the game within the journal. Very generous of the developers if you ask me. This game is truly a treat!!!

[Post New]by akmunoz on Oct 9, 10 1:09 PM
Like this game alot. I am stuck looking for a skein of thread, but I will find it, i hope!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 9, 10 2:44 PM
I like this game even more now that I've played the epilogue and the find-all hogs.

Christina892
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Christina892 on Oct 10, 10 12:43 AM
I was thrilled to see another one of these come again! And was even more thrilled when playing it. I may do a marathon of the collection of these that I have just enjoy them even more.

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Oct 10, 10 9:48 AM
Lottea wrote:Please can someone tell me how to get the flyer under the lighthouse door? I have the
screwdriver and have clicked all over the place. know one here has given a good answer
on how to do it.
Thanks
That's because that would be an out-and-out spoiler and I think this thread is only for comments.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 10, 10 11:17 AM
Thank you.There are several threads about the flyer in the main forum.

[Post New]by Jauntie on Oct 10, 10 12:39 PM
I can not get the mechanical arm to work to get the mine blueprint. I think I might have blown it because I punched in some randon numbers after I got the book to see what would happen & it came back with an empty box. Now when I need the blueprint it doesn't do anything when I click on it. Any suggestions?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 10, 10 1:51 PM
Jauntie wrote:I can not get the mechanical arm to work to get the mine blueprint. I think I might have blown it because I punched in some randon numbers after I got the book to see what would happen & it came back with an empty box. Now when I need the blueprint it doesn't do anything when I click on it. Any suggestions?
[spoiler]Read the number from the page in the lockbox, set that to the left of the arm, click enter.[/spoiler]Drag cursor to read. You're better off asking for help in the main forum though, not in a comments thread.

[Post New]by Bgh4rjh on Oct 10, 10 6:12 PM
I am having a problem digging a hole beneath the tree. The shovel just doesn't dig, just x's out everything I try. Is it that the game is frozen, or what?

[Post New]by oceanjonesn2 on Oct 10, 10 7:15 PM
I like the game a lot I have all of them but this one is buggy as all get out freezes some times won't let me out slow then suddenly works great then back to slow and buggy is there a fix somewhere?

HoudiniCats
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by HoudiniCats on Oct 13, 10 10:54 PM
I really enjoyed this; as good or better than the others in the series. It even has an epilogue that you can play.

Two enthusiastic paws up from those highly persnickety felines, the Houdini Cats.

Well worth playing, some fairly tricky puzzles, (and some that are easy); the voice acting was pretty good, too.

kpopluv
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by kpopluv on Oct 14, 10 8:35 PM
Of the four games, I enjoyed this one the most. Great VOs, better artwork with a mix of real-life artwork at certain scenes, and more interaction with certain puzzles (i.e. moving the mouse in a circle to turn the screw) really made this game enjoable even though it was slightly shorter, The investigations seemed longer so I guess it evens it out.

The addition of the walkthrough was a very nice surprise! And there even was a short epilogue at the end which was another surprise for me. Plus, there is a 'find all' game of the places you've visited and other extras once the game is completed. It feels like I bought the CE!

I kind of wished the game series went off the book series since the plots seem very interesting but I guess I will just have to find the books and read it instead!

Go to: