Re:Post any James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies technical issues here only

[Post New]by Happikat694 on Nov 6, 10 7:25 PM
The game keeps on freezing at the loom when I am trying to put the yarn in. My flashlight dims and the solve button or Main button is grayed out(light blue)...I have checked my system and everything is fine and updated....any ideas?

Re:Post any James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies technical issues here only

[Post New]by mesewnow on Nov 21, 10 1:06 PM
I have reached the point where Claire is to get the map out of the mechanical arm storage device, have the code from the clipboard, but am not being given the option to open/activate the mechanical arm. Game stops here. Please advise. thanks!

diggermonty
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by diggermonty on Nov 23, 10 8:08 PM
The game crashes into Investigation 6.
Claire get the mine blueprint and it quits and I'm back at the games manager.
It's a very good game and I want to keep on playing.
Can anyone assist me?

agedog1
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by agedog1 on Dec 12, 10 6:10 AM
I am playing the demo and exited out to come and check the blogs. Game was running fine UNTIL I exited. Got a run time error.

Like the game and want to order but not if glitch's haven't been fixed. HAVE THE RUN TIME ERROR and other GLITCH's been fixed.

Please someone Let me know before I purchase.

Thank you

diggermonty
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by diggermonty on Dec 15, 10 11:44 AM
Exited the game, rebooted and tried again.
It ran without a hitch and i only lost about 15 minutes of game play.
I'd play it again.

sanfred2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by sanfred2 on Jan 28, 11 12:16 AM
weeharleyboy wrote:
mercyone wrote:Use the tweezers in inventory on the tail pipe.
Can anyone tell me how to get back to the lab without a map, and yes, I tried that big map behind the car. Thanks.

Have you taken the coffee sample from the car?

sanfred2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by sanfred2 on Jan 28, 11 12:19 AM
i couldn't get to the lab either and i noticed that the tailpipe seemed to have something in it because my hands still was grabbing for something. So i took the bag of evidence from inventory and opened that in the tailpipe. the yarn appeared in the bag and then after i closed it i was at the lab.

[Post New]by eggwifie on Feb 6, 11 8:12 AM
The first time I played - after buying the game - I got to the end. The next time it refused to let me past the lighthouse door stage. The next time it refused to give me the librarian's map for getting to Crystal Barn. The next time it refused to take me back to the lab to analyse samples. At this rate I'll never get past the initial dialogues! What a waste of money.....

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 6, 11 8:35 AM
The next time it refused to let me past the lighthouse door stage. The next time it refused to give me the librarian's map for getting to Crystal Barn. The next time it refused to take me back to the lab to analyse samples.
That's three different triggers.
Lighthouse door - you probably didn't look through the keyhole to see that there was a key stuck the other side.
Librarian's map - dialogue? You always have the map at bottom right. It just needs to be enabled.
Back to the lab - this could either be the coffee cup or the piece of cloth snagged on the fence above the hole.

[Post New]by eggwifie on Feb 12, 11 8:42 AM
Mr Russ. Thank you for your help but nothing works. I am not sure what you mean about enabling the map because it doesn't appear anywhere on the screen after the librarian produces it. I press "Continue" and.......nothing is there to enable!

murder1
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by murder1 on Mar 6, 11 9:01 AM
lottelein wrote:Help! Lindsey just spoke to Sally in the town square in Cypress View, and strategy guide says that's the end of that investigation, but I'm stuck in the town square. How am I supposed to get out? what to do next? Can't move on to next investigation. Thanks for any suggestions.

[Post New]by Janie1014 on Mar 9, 11 7:20 AM
I bought this game and played it all the way through. The second time I went to play it, when it got to the part of digging up the bones in front of the mine, it won't go to the lab after bones are put into inventory. Removed it and reinstalled it, but same thing happens. Not sure what to do about it, but kinda tired of games freezing up or crashing. Sure hope someone can help me. Thanks.

Edited on 03/09/2011 at 7:21:53 AM PST

[Post New]by painin on Mar 11, 11 3:30 PM
elldee2728 wrote:Good point, krissywillow--this isn't the forum for folks who just need a push to advance in the game--it's for folks (like me) who experience an "Error--Access Violation at xxxxxxxxxxx--Program Terminated" message at the first mouse click after the intro. The cursor disappears, but fortunately ctrl/alt/del does work. I'll try an uninstall/reinstall--if that doesn't do the job, I guess it's off to CS. Darn.

P.S. Second attempt to play worked OK until "Save and Exit"--then I got the same error message. At least I didn't lose the cursor this time. What gives, BFG?

P.P.S. Uninstalled/re-installed (virus protection and firewall protection OFF)--same results--same "Access violation at xxxxxxxxxx--Program Terminated." Think it's time for the devs and BFG CS to get involved.

[Post New]by ondread on Apr 15, 11 9:23 PM
I think this is a technical issue. I'm in the town square, the strategy guide says "you'll also run into Sympathy..." but she isn't showing up. I can't get into anything (library, general store). I use the map to get to her barn, but can't do anything there either. Nothing is clickable.

I've closed out of the game and gone back in several times but it does the same thing.

Advice?

[Post New]by lypophrenia on Jun 18, 11 4:45 AM
I can't even get in the game. It says Error: Access violation at xxxxxxxxxx (tried to read from xxxxxxxxxx), program terminated. I downloaded all 4 JPWMC games here and it's all the same. Is it an issue with my laptop?

All other demo games I downloaded from BFG works fine. :/ I love this game, someone help! >_<

Post any James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies technical issues here only

[Post New]by diannamari on Jul 24, 11 11:24 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.
When you get to the lighthouse the game won't let me put the flyer under the door.
What can I do?

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Oct 14, 11 8:12 PM
Here's one for you...every time I go to the tail pipe and click the coin, the screen goes black and the game cuts out completely like it would if the demo trial time ran out, when of course it hasn't. When I go back into the game, I'm right back at the very beginning talking to the cop and having to ID the body. It's done this twice so far; I'm afraid to re-install it as I read one complaint that said doing so prematurely ended their time trial. Going to try it on my laptop and see if it does the same thing, but if I can't play it on my desktop. I'm not interested.
By the way...what good is listing a tech problem if it ends up on the last page of the thread?

Edited on 10/14/2011 at 10:16:46 PM PST

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Oct 14, 11 10:16 PM
Athena99 wrote:Here's one for you...every time I go to the tail pipe and click the coin, the screen goes black and the game cuts out completely like it would if the demo trial time ran out, when of course it hasn't. When I go back into the game, I'm right back at the very beginning talking to the cop and having to ID the body. It's done this twice so far; I'm afraid to re-install it as I read one complaint that said doing so prematurely ended their time trial. Going to try it on my laptop and see if it does the same thing, but if I can't play it on my desktop. I'm not interested.
By the way...what good is listing a tech problem if it ends up on the last page of the tread?

Well, whatever was wrong corrected itself when I shut the computer off normally and re-started it, so I bought the game.

LittleFish884
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,181 Posts

[Post New]by LittleFish884 on Oct 15, 11 1:23 AM
I had an issue in Investigation 5 where you had to type a name with a ' in it, & the game would not let me type ' in the end I had to skip the puzzle due to this, but otherwise I am enjoying the game.

[Post New]by mommaluv1 on Oct 15, 11 6:48 AM
suzzeeque1 wrote:I'm stuck in the town square - the kite is not in the tree! I want to buy the game but now I'm afraid.........

Go to: