bonbon663
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for King Arthur

[Post New]by bonbon663 on Sep 28, 10 4:41 AM
I spent the vast majority of the trial looking for two items, and without a hint system at that point, I wasted a lot of time. I won't be buying this one. I wasn't keen on the look of it either. Oh well, good thing there are trials so can you see these problems before you spend good money on it.

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by togood2be on Sep 28, 10 5:48 AM
I am on the fence, this one is pretty chatty. Maybe if I have a spare credit, but I never do..lol

quynne77
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by quynne77 on Sep 28, 10 7:54 AM
bellamily wrote:Hi everyone. Is anyone else having trouble using the hint buttons? Each time I click on on one, Melin says ...You have to pick an object. It's just nor working for me. Help anyone??

You have to choose an item from the list for the hint to find - even if there is only one there.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Sep 28, 10 10:37 AM
Having problems finding the last staff part. I need hints and won't buy this game. L

Opus1965
Guppy
Guppy
172 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for King Arthur

[Post New]by Opus1965 on Sep 28, 10 10:54 AM
FunIt wrote:I lasted for about 20 minutes and hated every one of it. To much dialog, even if it's skipable. No clues in the first two scenes, and some objects are really hard to find. When you finally get the clue buttons (there are 4 different types of clues), you have to collect runes IN THE EXACT RIGHT ORDER to reload them after you used one. To frustrating for me ...

My thoughts exactly! Merlin talks way too much. I kept clicking on the arrow to get away from him. It was hard to find some of the objects. I was able to get pass Merlin's plae with help from the forum. But the Forrest tournament scene was dreadful. I had to use all of my hints to find the swotds. And yes, I clicked on them before and nothing happened. So I played 20 minutes and deleted the game. It was a waste of my time. I just LOVE HOG games and this one bit the big one. Wizard of Oz did too. I've been a member since December '06 and I rarely came across lousy games like this.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Sep 28, 10 11:13 AM
Graphics are really nice, they put a ton of effort into those, sound is good, too. Merlin needs a different job, he's too slow for this one. Game is way too easy. No buy.

baboula1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by baboula1 on Sep 28, 10 11:26 AM
The developers severely missed their mark on this one. Everything that could go wrong, did, other than the fact the program did not freeze. I'm not asking for the world but a bit more than a shadow amongst other shadows would be appreciated This is one of the worst that I have ever encountered.

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Sep 29, 10 5:39 AM
I have never been so glad to finish a game as this one. I was intrigued by the no hints in the first two scenes and thought it may be a bit of a challenge. The game rapidly went downhill after that.
The Developers have excluded a lot of the buying public by not giving hints straight away and making things small and difficult to see. I found a lot of items just by clicking on something because I couldn't distinguish what it was supposed to be.
The "puzzles" were so easy that I don't think that the should be portrayed as such. I skipped a lot of them because I just couldn't be bothered to do them not because I couldn't. Come on, a dot to dot!
I don't know who beta-tested this but it was not done properly. A lot of times I clicked on the correct object but couldn't pick it up until I used a hint. And finding 20 of something is a bit "old" now especially when it was find 20 daggers in a roomful of swords. Because I couldn't see clearly enough to distinguish which was which I found myself just aimlessly clicking on anything with a blade attached to it (or what appeared to be a blade, lol)
The music was nice though.

BoiseDon
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by BoiseDon on Sep 29, 10 9:19 AM
The last Rune in Merlin's room is surronded in blue. I'm assuming that that means it is hidden but without a hint button I am stumped as to where to look. Any suggestions, anybody

Seahorse on night sky

[Post New]by sassyladytoo02 on Sep 29, 10 11:05 AM
Has anyone found the seahorse on the night sky?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Sep 29, 10 11:15 AM
BoiseDon wrote:The last Rune in Merlin's room is surronded in blue. I'm assuming that that means it is hidden but without a hint button I am stumped as to where to look. Any suggestions, anybody
None of the runes are hidden in Merlin's room. They all have tiny sparkles.

akferret
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by akferret on Sep 30, 10 1:23 AM
No walkthrough? Why and is there going to be on? I'm stuck on the food scene and the scene with the dragon, out of hints and I really need to take a look at those scenes. I don't normally follow walkthroughs except to check on scenes and puzzles I'm stuck on, and this sucks because I can't finish it and move on.

gramma66
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by gramma66 on Sep 30, 10 5:15 AM
i cannot play this game i down loaded it twice and the screen goes black then it starts playing music thats as far as i can get with it does anybody know if this is going to be fixed?

huggzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by huggzz on Sep 30, 10 10:26 AM
Well,, stupid old me.. I bought this with a credit but I wonder if it was worth it? I have a hard time seeing quite a few of the 'hidden objects' hidden so well in fact only a hint could find them.
Just finishing up on the "Night Sky" with Sir Lancelot. wouldn't you know, got all but one, can't find a strawberry, of all things in the night sky... Come on devs give a little thought to who is going to do these games.. Women over 35......!!! I'm way past that and I don't think for a minute there's any strawberry around in the night sky. But I can imagine being in Camelot at the time. (Good imagination have I). (been there in fact looking for it..) Still have stopped the game hoping the someone can let me know where the #%$^^ strawberry is.
BTW I did find the seahorse out there but it was purely accidental, in the tree branches up top, random clicking was the way.
Have a good time , those of us that like this game

geo12
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by geo12 on Sep 30, 10 5:23 PM
I found once you got past about second or third scene it really moved along and was fun I just entered chapter 5 and will go on and finish the game . U have to use the clues wisely and learn how to use them.

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on Sep 30, 10 7:43 PM
I lasted all of 4 minutes with this game. Endless voiceover, and the text scrolls by even more slowly than the voiceover. At least 3 developers, and a long period where the screen is completely black before you can even enter your name to start a profile. Then, finally, after reaching actual gameplay, a room full of sparklies with dozens of things that could be pieces of Merlin's magic staff, but aren't. I gave up in disgust almost immediately. It's a good thing that I gave up, too---I wouldn't like to imagine what I'd have done when I couldn't find the last piece and there weren't any hints to guide me. BOOOOOOO! This game is a big fat hairy loser.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Sep 30, 10 9:05 PM
i lasted 10 minutes with this game

Macazzar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Macazzar on Oct 1, 10 5:52 AM
Lasted 5 minutes of demo - then deleted. Speech was too slow to bear and once on the **** scene all the principle parts were sparkling. I mean what's the point - hints are fine - not that there were any - but showing where everything is seems to defeat the object of this sort of puzzle.

geo12
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by geo12 on Oct 1, 10 4:03 PM
It was ok nothing to get real excited about. I finished it but left feeling there should have been more. a little diappointing. Would not tell anyone they had to buy it.

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Oct 10, 10 8:07 AM
Seems like a general consensus of suckage. I'm SO very sorry to not like this game; the King Arthur story is so rich with possibilities but this game does not live up to any of them.\

Hard at first, ok, I can deal with that, I too got stuck on the last piece of the staff and on the bottle in the next scene. But I persevered because I love this story so much. The graphics are lovely, the characterization of Merlin and his voice are great, even if the typed speech is *bloody* slow. Even a good job done in keeping the objects pertinent to the time period, for the most part (one of my big pet peeves.)

I kept waiting for interactions or storyline or something, but no...nothing but Object Search and easy puzzles. Come ON, developers! The final straw for me was the appearance of Guinevere as a vapid, Barby doll-like bimob with a room filled with jewelry. OH FER CRIPE sake! The character is SO much more than that; I left the game and am deleting it.

Such great potential, so poorly realized. I regret the money wasted in buying this game. The developers should be ashamed of themselves.

Rowan

Go to: