Re:Post any Columbus: Ghost of the Mystery Stone technical issues here only

[Post New]by ultraviolet69 on Oct 13, 10 12:07 AM
Bad business indeed. If BFG is making a conscious decision to not support Win7, then they are truly shooting themselves in their collective feet. There is no demographic more willing and eager to upgrade their computer/OS than gamers. If BFG is unwilling to embrace current technology, then they will lose a huge portion of the marketplace and suffer financially.

In this economy, no company can afford to willingly choose to alienate and exclude a portion of their customer base. My membership renewal is due very soon, and if BFG continues to give its customers the "form letter" blow-off response with regards to compatibility issues, I won't be renewing.

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on Oct 13, 10 1:16 AM
HELLO BFG....RESPOND TO THIS ISSUE EVERYONE IS HAVING WITH NONCOMPATIBILITY WITH WINDOWS 7. If you expect our business in the future then you will respond. Otherwise, bye bye BFG. It's so annoying when they ignore you when there is a problem. It's like they don't even care.

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Oct 13, 10 8:39 AM
Someone just posted in the comments and reviews section that it was working with Windows 7. So I decided to download it again and it DID work for me this time. So I don't know if the game has been updated or not because there hasn't been an official announcement. I have Windows 7 64-bit and it I was able to play 22 minutes and then I closed it out. I'm going to go ahead and buy it. But I would try downloading it again to see.

[Post New]by chuckandebi on Oct 13, 10 3:19 PM

Tried deleting and re downloading and again it did not work.....It has been 2 weeks. The trial played well for me when I first downloaded it so I purchased the game, but when I went back to play it again......well you all know what happened....Just sooo dissapointed

SolarEclipse wrote:Someone just posted in the comments and reviews section that it was working with Windows 7. So I decided to download it again and it DID work for me this time. So I don't know if the game has been updated or not because there hasn't been an official announcement. I have Windows 7 64-bit and it I was able to play 22 minutes and then I closed it out. I'm going to go ahead and buy it. But I would try downloading it again to see.

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Oct 13, 10 5:27 PM
chuckandebi wrote:
Tried deleting and re downloading and again it did not work.....It has been 2 weeks. The trial played well for me when I first downloaded it so I purchased the game, but when I went back to play it again......well you all know what happened....Just sooo dissapointed

SolarEclipse wrote:Someone just posted in the comments and reviews section that it was working with Windows 7. So I decided to download it again and it DID work for me this time. So I don't know if the game has been updated or not because there hasn't been an official announcement. I have Windows 7 64-bit and it I was able to play 22 minutes and then I closed it out. I'm going to go ahead and buy it. But I would try downloading it again to see.

Microsoft just released a bunch of updates. So I would run Windows Update. That's what I did and then I downloaded the game. But I would also clear all of your temp files, cookies, and also run the clean manager. Then I would also delete any old game files associated with this game specifically. For Windows 7 64-bit, there's one in Program Files (x86) and one in users>Name of your computer>AppData>Roaming>Vogat Interactive. Then I would try downloading one more time.

pabo1998
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by pabo1998 on Oct 14, 10 12:43 AM
Hi, like everyone else here I am running windows 7. I tried to download it and reinstalled it, not once but several times. Well that was 2 or 3 weeks ago when it first came out. I decided to give it a try (even though BFG hasn't said they fixed the problems) and Guess what? It WORKS!!! So I guess they have been working on it and fixed it. I can now play this game without any problems (crossing my fingers here)

tia12345
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by tia12345 on Oct 14, 10 9:20 AM
I tried again to download, and it still will not play. I cleared cookies and temp files, and downloaded all updates, but still cannot play. I am so disappointed -- really wanted this game. Does anyone know if they have a patch for it, or just doing fixes in the game? Thanks everyone --- I am new to this forum and appreciate all the info I can get on here. Have a good day everyone.

tia12345
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by tia12345 on Oct 14, 10 9:45 AM
Update - just talked to BFG and was told they are still working on it and will announce in the forums when they have it fixed -- hopefully soon!!

[Post New]by photobobbie on Oct 16, 10 10:02 PM
Me too, the game will not start on my 64 bit pc with windows 7.

[Post New]by granny2u on Oct 17, 10 9:39 AM
-I d/l the new version and its worse than the last version. I went to my task manager to see if the game was running like the message said,it was i clicked end task and went back to try and play my other games and I get message That game is still running. The way it is now I cannot play any games on my PC. when I try to uninstall it I get message its still running. P/S I have new computer

Edited on 10/17/2010 at 9:40:36 AM PST

[Post New]by alexakaruda on Oct 17, 10 5:24 PM
Downloaded the new Mac version and played it for a bit. Closed the game to go do something else, but it never closed correctly. Crashed my Game Manager, which refuses to open anymore; it just keeps crashing. Great. Now I can't play any of the GM-dependent games. (((( This whole GM thing is really getting annoying.....

[Post New]by branc1n on Oct 18, 10 12:04 PM
When you go to the task manager, instead of going to applications go to processes. You will probably see two Columbus games running. Click on either one to close the game. You should then be able to play your other games. I believe they are still working on a fix for Columbus.

grammy8x
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by grammy8x on Oct 18, 10 8:29 PM
I also have windows 7/64. I downloaded and played the game just fine. When I tried to exit and play another game The error message told me I was already running a game. I could not play any of my BF games until I uninstalled this one.

I like and want this game but how long will I have to wait before I can play?

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 18, 10 8:45 PM
Still waiting. I bought it on Oct 1 so don't know what I should just ask for a game coupon and forget it. Messing up my punchcard strategy needing 3 more games, wanted the 3 punches for a CE Void but it's got glitches too on W7.

At least I was finally able to unstall this Columbus one, wouldn't uninstall "while running" or couldn't play anything else. Thanks to that tip here about deleting it in TM under tab Processes, 2 files blipped out hitting only one. THEN I was able to unstall the full version. Odd that the demo ran great, when timed out I bought it then couldn't stop it running. Thanks to whoever first mentioned how to do that. My TM didn't even show a prog running til I hit that other Process tab, a life saver.

I just bought a new laptop and afraid to even try it until news of A FIX PLEASE.
Actually at this point I don't care if there is a fix, may as well ask for a credit and buy a different game on my wish list since I already paid for and uninstalled it.

bonbowl
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by bonbowl on Oct 19, 10 3:18 AM
Another Windows 7/64 player,, cant play uninstalled reinstalled x3 NADA BF Please do an update on this game.. or credit our accts.

[Post New]by Kamelyon on Oct 21, 10 3:00 PM
Running Vista. I start the game and it goes black and nothing happens. When I bring up Task manager to end the program, my whole computer locked up (and it very rarely does that).

Come on, BFG... this is the third or fourth game in the past few months to not work upon execution in one way or another. I'm on limited download data amounts, and I don't appreciate having a game not work when I've gotten up in the wee hours of the morning to download it during free bandwidth time! I'm reluctant to try opening the other demo's I downloaded too.

[Post New]by Katzluvr on Oct 21, 10 7:03 PM
I've tried for almost 3 weeks to get this game to play...it comes out as a demo download in Game Manager, but when I click to play the 60-minute demo, it tells me that another program is already running and I need to reboot....I don't know how many times I've tried, thinking that each time it would be okay, uninstalling the game and trying again, but when I end up rebooting the computer, and nothing changes....my take on it is.....just frickin' give up and forget about seeing what nifty Hidden Object game 'Columbus-Ghost of the Mystery Stone' could have been...BigFish...take it out of your queue/lineup...it ain't happenin...! But, point in fact...I haven't had any troubles with any other downloads-demos/purchases from BigFish...just this particular game, so no disses toward the game site itself...just this frickin' game....Love the site, BigFish!!! You still have my loyalities, just that I won't try this one anymore......
And, I guess I should mention, giving all the feedback above, that yes, I do have a new HP computer that runs Win 7..but this is the only game that I've had trouble with.....I came from an older Dell that had Win XP...but wasn't trying this game on that system..any takes on this??

Edited on 10/21/2010 at 7:11:31 PM PST

[Post New]by cmdrtamen on Oct 25, 10 10:58 AM
Ghostguide2002 had a suggestion to run the game from the icon on the desktop rather than thru the game manager and this worked for me. I think she's right in that this may be a game manager problem and not necessarily a problem with the game itself. All I can say is that it worked for me and I'm running Win7 64-bit on a new HP laptop. At least try it, it's an easy fix.

Also, I know this problem is really irritating to folks but my experience with BFGames customer service has been very positive. If they say they're working on the problem, I'm sure they are. If it is indeed a game manager problem, it could be bigger than just one problem with this game and may be taking longer to correct. If all else fails and this game absolutely won't work for you, I suggest contacting customer service and asking for a credit that you can use to get a different game. You can always buy the game again once the problem is fixed and enjoy it then!

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Oct 25, 10 8:24 PM
Another solution to this problem:

Right click on the desk icon ....

Click on the tab that says "Compatibility."

Click on ... "Run As Administrator"

Close out ... try running the game again ....

This is great from people operating with a 64 bit system. I've played 2 games now, they say they're not compatible with a 64 bit operating system, only a 32 ... but when you change "run as administrator" the game works great. Funny thing is ... I've been playing the game about an hour or so when all of a sudden it stops running. Go figure?

Judy

Judy

icemaidenq
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by icemaidenq on Nov 1, 10 3:08 PM
Well, today I could play the demo - I tried yesterday and no...did the same old same old. But today, I logged in to my laptop and didn't do anything else but start Columbus...and it worked. But, I'm still not willing to buy because of the fickleness of the game. Probably has something to do with the Game Manager - if you play one other game it won't let you play, but first one...Maybe!

BF...we are still waiting!! This is a good game!

Go to: