IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Drawn: Dark Flight ®

[Post New]by IYBAKH on May 13, 11 11:43 AM
What a creative, awesome game! It's every bit as good, if not better, as the first "Drawn." The player is involved in the total game; very interactive. The graphics and music are beautiful. I did have problems with the difficult puzzles and unfortunately, had to use the skip button on 2-3 of them.

After a few months, I'd like to revisit the game. I did a lot of wandering around this first time and would like to try again to see if I can do better. Thank you BFG -- your artists, developers, writers, etc. did an outstanding job!

scoots123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by scoots123 on May 27, 11 10:20 AM
Best game EVER! This game was so different and creative, kind of like Tim Burton meets Disney. I loved the hint and being able to use it whenever I wanted and not having to wait for forever like some games. My only complaint was that it was not long enough. I would like to have played the game for days. I hope they do of this type of game and have extended play time.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on May 28, 11 8:26 AM
I just finished this and did play the first Drawn......What amazing games. Definately classics, I don't think there are many games of this genre that can truely measure of to these two games. I am now anxiously awaiting the 3rd one!

[Post New]by joycebroussard on Jun 16, 11 6:53 PM
I cannot finish this game. The stairway never opened. I cannot figure out what to do. Very frustrating.

Joyce

grover3e
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by grover3e on Jun 18, 11 7:12 AM
The good: absolutely visually stunning, as was the first "Drawn". Beautiful score. Not an easy game, and I enjoy having to think a bit, plus the advice is always there to help (and I used it often). Voice actors are GREAT, and I love Franklin.

The not-so-good: The mini-games were often either too difficult or just tedious. I skipped more of them here than I usually do. Ending seemed rushed to me.

THREE OF FIVE STARS.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 18, 11 8:14 AM
joycebroussard wrote:I cannot finish this game. The stairway never opened. I cannot figure out what to do. Very frustrating.Joyce
The stairway where? It's not in the book, it's around it. That's what the cut-scene is all about.

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Jun 26, 11 6:28 PM
I love this game as well as the first one. Looking forward to the next Drawn. Good puzzles, good story and hidden objects.

ultra_sun
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by ultra_sun on Jun 30, 11 9:49 PM
Anyone can make game difficult, and this appears to be the goal of Big Fish Games with Drawn: Dark Flight. The story had such potential, but the logic of the game leaves me begging, "WHERE IS THE CLUE!"

While most games give a user clues along the way within the game, this game seems to think a game should be a total mystery, leaving the user clicking on random spots on the scenery and/or the hint button. Excellent hint routine is in this game, but I am constantly clicking it. Instead of playing this game, I am simply reading hints and thinking "oh yes, I can see how that was illogical." This aspect of the game takes away from the story line, the artwork and everything that defines something being a game.

The idea that there is magic in a drawing was quite creative, but the puzzles demand more logic than the age group should be expected to accomplish. Each puzzle is independent meaning there is no progressive difficulty or any chance for a user to learn what is expected of them. Looking at the walkthrough in those moments of "need," never presents itself with an AH HA, I get it now moment, but instead a, "they have to be kidding" moment.

VelvetRose55
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by VelvetRose55 on Jul 1, 11 10:11 AM
Loved, loved, loved this game and the one before it. Great music, great graphics, great puzzles, great story. Even the voice of Franklin was plaintive, sweet and just right.

As an artist I love the idea that someone has magic powers to make paintings and drawings come to life.

The mood was wonderful, with the streets and buildings all at odd angles.

I loved figuring out how to play the puzzles. My stubbern streak kept me working at them. I only looked for hints every once in a while. I only resorted to a walkthrough once; and that was for the frogs.

In the end, I thought there was not enough of the evil king and his little henchman. I also felt badly for poor Franklin. Maybe in the third story (it did say "to be continued") He can be restored.

I would have liked to be able to wander through the landscapes after the game was finished. The old MYST games let you do that. I like to take second looks at the scenery and get illustrative pointers from them. I haven't looked for these yet, but maybe there is a book with some art in it and a CD of the music.

Edited on 07/01/2011 at 10:16:39 AM PST

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 12, 11 8:21 AM
Game Ratings:

Graphics – 5 stars
Story – 4.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 5 stars
Gameplay – 4.5 stars
Overall – 4.75 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by worldwin on Jul 28, 11 10:23 AM
Amazing, beautiful game. It took me about 7 hours total to play. Some of the puzzles are so difficult, which I enjoy!! I cannot believe the detail that went into the creation of the scenery and landscapes. Beautiful, fun, immersive game. I also enjoy the uniqueness of the game...lots of puzzles but no hidden object ones. The people who created this are very talented and inventive. Thanks for such wonderful quality and for an amazing low price!

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on Jul 31, 11 8:18 PM
While this was a beautifully done game, the ending was very abrupt. I was a little startled that the final battle was totally anticlimatic and the player wasn't even involved. Voice acting was again superb.

Peggy_NC
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Peggy_NC on Aug 6, 11 12:37 PM
I loved everything about this game: the beautiful and imaginative graphics, the music, the puzzles and the storyline. This was a terrific sequel to Drawn: The Painted Tower! Unlike some other game series, this one is a true continuation not just a remake of the first, but I think someone could still enjoy it on its own. The objects and scenes are not always obvious, and some of the minigames were very challenging for me, but I refused to skip any of them, that's the fun of playing (I spent a looong time trying to capture the flying....well, I won't spoil it for you if you haven't played it yet!) Kudos to the game developers on this one! I rate it 5 stars. I especially like that you have two gamer ability levels and also that there is the option to skip a puzzle, although I didn't use it. Thanks for a winner, Big Fish!

Apadenska
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Apadenska on Aug 6, 11 4:45 PM
I really enjoyed both Drawn games. Using a child's point-of-view was very clever. The game does have a dark ambiance, but their is just enough light to find everything. The graphics, story, and music are very suitable. I look foward to the third Drawn game. Thanks !

[Post New]by spiritflyer on Sep 10, 11 10:41 PM
I really loved this game, it gave me goose bumps at the end of the first one and the second one didn't disappoint me either. I think they're to short but then again I enjoy them so much I wouldn't mind them lasting, well forever. I look forward to the next one, I'm sure that raven is really iris sister and so we must save her and whoever else is needing of saving.

I completely agree the message is powerful, hope and imagination, I think it's why I was so moved by the experience of this game. WOW!!!

[Post New]by Huntleyhimnher on Oct 13, 11 1:16 AM
Played half the demo and was totally hooked but I don't like starting half way through a series so will have to use a credit to get the first one so I know the whole story!!

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Oct 13, 11 2:16 AM
boobailey wrote:I love this game as well as the first one. Looking forward to the next Drawn. Good puzzles, good story and hidden objects.

The latest C E. Reincarnations is from the same Develps, and to me it seems a sort of continuetion of Dark flight, which came out as CE as well about 1 year ago, and I remember it was very good.
I am just about to try the demo of reincarnation, back to reality, and I will make my comment on that forum, I am sure is well worth it as this one!! happy gaming!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 13, 11 3:18 AM
The latest C E. Reincarnations is from the same Develps
Drawn is BFG Studios.

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Oct 14, 11 7:07 AM
Great game! I like the style of ART!!! Thanks BFG!!!

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Oct 16, 11 2:18 PM
I purchased this game a while back & just could not get into it. I reinstalled it just recently & I am having the same problem. It might take me a while (if ever) to try & finish this game.

Go to: