jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Time Mysteries: Inheritance

[Post New]by jennsmom on Nov 10, 10 10:47 AM
I enjoyed the game, both the HOG parts and the mini games. The story does seem to stop abruptly and without resolution, but I wasn't really playing for the story.

It was nice to have most of the objects relating to the time, although someone should tell the developers that forks are a rather recent invention and certainly not found in the 700s!

Zoo2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Zoo2 on Feb 21, 11 6:22 PM
I loved this game! It was beautifully done.

technocratee
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by technocratee on Mar 14, 11 5:41 AM
I liked the game, I'm an IHOG, adventure fan, in the trial hour I saw the pros: graphics were lovely, story was fun, I like visiting time periods, you can earn hints by playing a Match 3 (earning hints should be mandatory in all HOGs), so I bought it.
The big con: it has enough scenes but each scene is too short, has 2 or so very light puzzles a **** scene, some mini mini games, that's it.

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Apr 23, 11 3:54 PM
Fun little game. I like the theme of time travel, mostly because you get to see varied artwork. The art was nice, but a little too glowy. I really loved the music, though. Hidden object scenes and puzzles were pretty easy. Overall, a pretty good game!

suzyoz
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by suzyoz on May 6, 11 7:28 PM
Good fun. Liked having to earn hints. Usually I like HOG scenes more than interactive but vica versa in this one.

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jul 2, 11 8:48 PM
This was very pretty graphically, and nice music, but it felt like too much HOG and spot the difference compared to other puzzles. Other than the match-3 part, which is actually a cool way to get new hints. The story is interesting, but not interesting enough that I'm going to rush to buy this.

chickenjools
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by chickenjools on Jul 5, 11 4:57 AM
This promised to be quite a good game. Hidden object adventure game! But alas not much adventure going on. Its mostly an extremely tedious and irritating bunch of hidden objects. They're such a cop out. It's as if the developers think that putting an increasing amount of small, obscure, totally boring hidden object scenes will pan out the game and make it feel like value for money. The click penalty comes in very quickly indeed. Why do the developers feel the need to add a click penalty anyway?
Those players who want to search laboriously still can and those that don't can click like fury to find the wretched objects.

I'm totally bored with it after 30 minutes. Its a shame cos the storyline seems quite interesting, it's bright - not the normal spooky scary dark stuff - the graphics are good, the dialogue is brief and you can skip it and the mini games are ok.

Wish I hadn't bought it.

Edited on 07/05/2011 at 4:58:49 AM PST

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Jul 5, 11 10:37 AM
Well I liked this game it was fun although easy mini games and hidden objects. it was lighthearted and relaxing not too mind-bending !!!
A little more research into history could have helped I found some of the objects to collect before travelling did not exactly match the time period.. ie silver plastic looking sandals in the 8th or 11th century oops !!!
apart from that and a few language problems it was great ,loved it !!!!

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Jul 13, 11 3:39 PM
i did enjoy this game...nice H.O.s and nice graphics and fast speed

[Post New]by MelD100258 on Jul 16, 11 11:53 AM
Ok, I admit to you HOG experts that, although I love this type of game, I am definitely a novice compared to you guys But I want to (1) say I love mini games, especially "Find the difference", and (2) ask what are "M3s?" As I continue to peruse the Experts' reviews, I will, no doubt, have more novice-point-of-view questions. thanks

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jul 21, 11 2:47 PM
I must love this game, if only for background music..Am playing the last part of last chapter and can not bring myself to finish it..So I would guess that I must really like it
edit
Finished it and will play again !

Edited on 07/25/2011 at 9:37:23 AM PST

KATE60
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by KATE60 on Aug 6, 11 12:00 PM
MelD100258 wrote:Ok, I admit to you HOG experts that, although I love this type of game, I am definitely a novice compared to you guys But I want to (1) say I love mini games, especially "Find the difference", and (2) ask what are "M3s?" As I continue to peruse the Experts' reviews, I will, no doubt, have more novice-point-of-view questions. thanks

M3s are match 3games where you have to match 3 or more symbols together to eliminate them sometimes fun some times boring but entirely your own preferance.

MaddyKat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by MaddyKat on Aug 15, 11 12:50 AM
I got this game last week. Haven't finished yet but having fun playing!

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Aug 16, 11 5:12 AM
Great game! Don't miss it at this great price!

Wayner33
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Wayner33 on Aug 18, 11 4:24 PM
It was OK. The static graphics of the characters were a bit boring,
but for $2.99 you can't expect too much.
For those who like HOGS they will like this game. There are plenty of them.
The scene graphics were good. The music was OK too.
I would say it is worth getting.

[Post New]by Chattewoman on Aug 19, 11 3:26 PM
I'm about two thirds of the way through and don't really care if I finish or not. The ****'s, especially in the archive, are so tiny I am finding them quite difficult. And repetive and boring. I was getting stressed out because I was going through my hints a lightning speed, but once I found out you could earn more hints, that helped. The vignettes are actually rather fun to figure out, but the time travel sequences are deadly, with the teeny tiny HOs and the "compare the two scenes for differences". I'm glad I paid only $2.99 for this game.

Audiohawk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Audiohawk on Aug 21, 11 10:56 PM
I appreciated that an attempt was made to put appropriate music into each time period. It was mostly successful, especially with the glassy, astral sounding stuff related to the time machine. The developers didn't do anything with ambient sound, though. You can get away with that in an empty room, but not when you have a crowd at a medieval marketplace. The game would have been better had they devoted as much attention to that aspect as they did to the music.

I liked the game, but with a caveat

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Sep 3, 11 5:10 AM
I just finished this game and it's funny that I liked it a lot, but only because of something I will explain in a moment. If not for that, I would have hated this game and not have even finished the game. Others have given the details of the game, but I didn't see one thing mentioned.

I don't like Hidden Object Scenes (HOS). This game must have about 50-60 of them. I believe the random-click penalty is based on the number of clicks, which I don't like. The Hint meter also takes long to recharge and the most Hints you can have at a time is 4. You can't play the Match 3 (M3) game to get more Hints until you're down to 0 Hints. So if you enter a HOS with 1 Hint, that's all you'll have. If you use it and then you're stuck, you would have to exit the HOS, play the M3 game to get more Hints, and then go back to the HOS to finish it. For me, the objects were very tough to find and it would have taken me a very long time to finish the HOS. Normally, I wouldn't have even played this game. If you like HOS, then you'll probably like this game.

The saving grace for me was that unlike most games where the HOS are random, in this game the HOS are NOT random. The objects are always in the same place whenever anybody plays the game. So, you are able to use the Walkthrough to find every object in every HOS, and that's exactly what I did. When I got to a HOS, I just Alt-Tabbed to the Walkthrough and looked at 3-4 objects at a time, and then I went back to the game and clicked on them. So I could finish each HOS in about a minute or 2.

Once I didn't have to deal with the HOS, I found the game to be very enjoyable. I liked the Adventure aspects of it and the mini-games were very nice. It was a long game too, with 11 chapters, each in a different time period. I found that what you had to do to find the ring in each location was creative, interesting, varied, and a lot of fun.

So, with my HOS caveat in mind, I give this game 2 Thumbs up. And if you like HOS, you will probably really love this game.

Edited on 09/03/2011 at 5:28:29 AM PST

K9zero
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by K9zero on Sep 18, 11 1:53 PM
I really enjoyed this game, it was the first game I didn't have to check the walk-through..lol....I liked the time-travel, it was cool. Great Game!

LittleFish884
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,181 Posts

[Post New]by LittleFish884 on Nov 29, 11 12:06 AM
The theme of the story is a bit overworked, time travel/missing father etc, but the graphics & music are quite nice. The game is a combination of hidden object scenes as well as finding items to interact with other items in the game. The puzzles in the mini-games are simple & not too taxing. The hint system however, is novel, & is recharged by playing a match 3 game if you run out of hints.

Overall, I would class this game as easy, light entertainment, something to do when you don't want to stress the brain cells too much.

Go to: