Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition

[Post New]by illiyyuh on Oct 16, 10 7:50 PM
I've got the keys for the car, but my cursor will not allow me to go back , and use the keys. please help

Edited on 10/16/2010 at 7:54:10 PM PST

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Oct 17, 10 12:17 PM
I know I already left a comment on this game but........I had to say one more time "I LOVE THIS GAME!!!" I finished the whole game just now & it was very, very, VERY well worth 13.99...the game took me at least 7 hrs to do.... I wish BF can have these games more often.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Oct 17, 10 1:27 PM
peglegann wrote:
Poutoule wrote:You said everything and I agree with you. At long last a good game, off to buy it. Shame it's a CE, I have 4 punch card credits and just don't know what to spend them on. Can't these credits be extended to next month ? Don't want to buy rubbish just for the sake of using them.

I beleive that they are valid until the end of November
That's good news ! Thanks.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Oct 17, 10 6:37 PM
This is a good game which I enjoyed but it does have some problems.

During my first time playing the only problem I encountered was in the Extra Game Play after the regular game. One of the puzzle/mini-games did not recognize that I had completed the game successfully. In the game you have to direct a ball from the entrance to the exit by placing directional icons so the ball will not run into any of the obstacles. I completed it and the ball went from the entrance and out the exit just fine. But the game did not allow me to move forward. It would not let me reset or replay the game. I was able to skip the game but this caused me to not get all of the achievements. The achievements are part of what I paid for in the CE version.

During the second time I played the game I got an access violation at the intercom where the teddy bear is inside the box. I opened the game and began to pick up where I left off. I went to the puzzle on the door and it would not let me turn the knobs. When I exited that scene I lost my menu and inventory at the bottom of the screen. I exited the game and opened it again and as soon as I chose Play I lost my menu again. I had to start all over again and create a new profile.

My Nvidia video card is updated. This is so unacceptable in a Collector’s Edition. Collector’s Edition games should be twice as good as regular games and have no glitches.

I should be able to play the game through without glitches and get all of the achievements but I can’t be starting over and losing my progress over and over. This is very disappointing and I don’t feel that I have gotten my money’s worth with this game.

Edited on 10/17/2010 at 6:38:36 PM PST

ccraig41
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by ccraig41 on Oct 18, 10 5:41 AM
Enjoyed the game, even the extra game play. Beautiful graphics, appropriate soundtrack. The Frog didn't bother me at all. Didn't even notice it after a while as I was involved in the game. Ran into two small tech issues in the game which kept me from receiving all achievements. Had to use a hint on one scene because it would not acknowledge my click (just kinda locked up) but the hint worked and picked exactly what I was clicking. Then a mini game in the extra chapter locked up when I beat it and would not acknowledge the win. Had to hit skip to get out of the scene and progress. Other than those two things no problem with the game.
For all those Fish who find the MCF series too hard, this is for you. I kept thinking this was like MCF lite! Enjoyable tho' and they do say that "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!"
Have fun everyone!

uniphin
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by uniphin on Oct 18, 10 9:33 AM
Great game, nice and long, good graphics, story, hog scenes and mini games, you dont find all that in one game very often, bonus game content also good, probably nearly another hours game play on par with MCF, look forward to the next one. well worth the CE price.

[Post New]by Sylbel on Oct 18, 10 10:07 AM
Hello out there!

Well, I just finished the demo and I was not particuliarly impressed. The graphics are OK but the music was bothersome and I didn't find that any of the puzzles were very challenging.

I'm happy I tried it but I would not purchase this game, even if it was the regular version and not the CE version. To each their own

Sylbel

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Oct 18, 10 10:19 AM
What a great game! Really worth the new CE price! Nice long game, and pretty long bonus! Of course I love all the art work as well!
A five production. Congrats all around!

TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
399 Posts

[Post New]by TimeKilla on Oct 18, 10 11:52 AM
First and foremost, this game is looooong! If you take away the time I spent on glitches and fixes, I still got at least 9 hours of good play.

The **** scenes are beautifully, done, junkpile but with a theme that matches every scene. Most of the mini-games are original puzzles, the most important thing in an HOG adventure. Inventory puzzles are fairly linear but there were a few moments when I thought I may need to check the guide. A bit more wandering around to see what I overlooked always took care of that.

While the format is similar to the MCF series, it's not as challenging. I really didn't mind that. I couldn't Play Drawn: 2 for more than a few hours at a time because I would be tempted to skip puzzles. This game offers enough challenge to keep you going without any burn-out. I never used a hint, or skipped a puzzle and get each award on the first go around.

The bonus content was as well done as the actual game. The HOG scenes were a little harder and it had some very charming puzzles. It took me about 1.5 hours to complete (with no hints or skips.)

About the glitches - They're pretty bad. I had to re-download and restart from the beginning. Very frustrating. Fortunately all of the problems have been well documented and the developers should be able to track down the problem.

Even with that, I am not sorry to have purchased this as a CE. The game is gorgeous, as long as an MCF game, has unique puzzles and was fun to play. Even without the bonus content it was worth the price.

[Post New]by starznmiz on Oct 18, 10 3:21 PM
Let me first say that the first PC Game I played was RTR and the second was Madame Fate. Boy, was I spoiled early! I thought that all of the games that I would later play would be of the same calibre. This one came close and I enjoyed playing it. The graphics were well done, the length of the game was good, and the mini-games (though not brain-straining) were enjoyable. That being said, I encountered a couple of the same glitches that others have. I figured out after the second profile change that if you didn't complete certain tasks in a certain order, you're likely to hit a snag.
That can be really aggravating after making the decision to fork out the extra money for a CE. I think we hoggers are just so hungry for new games that the developers are rushing them a bit. But all in all, I'm not sorry I spent the money on it. Much more enjoyable than what's in the movie theaters lately.

trophywife
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by trophywife on Oct 18, 10 4:22 PM
So glad to know I'm not the only one that thought there had been a drought in the great games dept.
I LOVE this game. Great graphics and storyline. I love that the strategy guide is included as I too sometimes forget where I was when I leave the game and come back to it. The mini games were challenging without being ridiculously difficult and I love having the skip button just in case.
It would be great if one of these days all of us frequent fishy's were rewarded with being able to use a game credit or full punch card to purchase one of these CE games.
Thanks for another great game!

Edited on 10/18/2010 at 4:23:35 PM PST

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on Oct 18, 10 5:54 PM
Nice game-good story and duration of play, thanks for the in game strategy guide, and bonus play.
Leaves the game open to a part 2.
Thanks BFG!

Mystbecky
Clownfish
Clownfish
689 Posts

[Post New]by Mystbecky on Oct 18, 10 6:59 PM
karen876 wrote:
vasteel wrote:What I've played is very very nice, that being said>>> However I think the toad constantly croaking while you play was a bad decision,I understand he's an integral part to the game but please... I don't want to to turn down the sounds, I want to enjoy the audio.Please give us a patch to shut him up or something, this is the only reason I WONT purchase the full game. It's one of the most annoying sounds EVER!! Thanks for hearing me out.

That is what I came here to post. I found the toad croaking constantly one of the most annoying things ever. I had to turn the FX off just to get through the demo but then I missed the sound of clicking on something (be it right or wrong).
It also seems strange to me that the first good game to come along happens to be a CE. I have coupon codes and even a game credit sitting there but have not been able to use them this month. *sigh*.
I may have purchased this just to have a decent game to play but the croaking toad and it being a CE have put paid to that idea. Oh well, back to playing old games. Happy gaming everyone.

Ditto- Sorry Frog, but you need to be quite! We know where you are.
otherwise, Ive enjoyed the game.

[Post New]by Fjorddaughter on Oct 18, 10 7:05 PM
I may be somewhat in the minority in that I did not really care for this game. I like to have a little more adventure and problem solving and fewer hidden object areas. But it does have nice graphics, etc., and I can understand how serious hidden object hunters will enjoy the game. I would consider it for a punch card reward when it comes out in regular edition.

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Oct 18, 10 9:07 PM
This has to be the best game I've played in months. I can't believe I actually bought the CE - and it was worth it! Great game play, great graphics, and a great bonus play.

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by togood2be on Oct 19, 10 10:26 AM
I like this game, but the puzzles are pretty simple and I finished the demo with 20 minutes to spare. Not sure how many chapters there are, so I will hold my thoughts. I have been disappointed with the extra content too often buying CE's as of late and feel this one might be the same.

tyroesse
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by tyroesse on Oct 19, 10 12:01 PM
togood2be wrote:I like this game, but the puzzles are pretty simple and I finished the demo with 20 minutes to spare. Not sure how many chapters there are, so I will hold my thoughts. I have been disappointed with the extra content too often buying CE's as of late and feel this one might be the same.

There are 9 chapters + two bonus levels. I'm not sure how long it will take as you're a fast player as I see But as I read on the forum it took from 5 to 9 hours to play the main part.

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on Oct 19, 10 1:22 PM
Just finished the game. Wow! IMO, this game was on par with Mystery Case Files. Loved the story,graphics,puzzzles and the hidden objects were not to easy or to hard to locate. Big Fish has a "hit" on their hands.

Edited on 10/19/2010 at 1:23:21 PM PST

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Oct 19, 10 5:02 PM
I have played the demo. I have to say it really peak my interest. However, I will be purchasing the SE of this game. I don't need all of the extra contents of the game.

Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Valentinos_Mom on Oct 19, 10 6:20 PM
WOW!! I really enjoyed playing the demo earlier, then decided to read some reviews before I bought it. Most reveiws are good, so I'm buying the CE. I really wish I could use my free punch card for the CE games. If I'm given three punches for purchasing one, doesn't it just stand to reason that I could use three free punches to purchase a CE game?! Just sayin'...

Go to: