LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by LizzieK on Oct 18, 10 4:16 AM
maggieannie43 wrote:The game played fine for me except in the extra game I uncovered the puzzle on the cell door the magnet arrows and completed the puzzle, I moved on but the info bar stayed on screen also the skip puzzle in the bottom, I continued but I could not access any hints until I skipped the puzzle game, it was like it froze on screen and did not recognised I had completed it. I noticed some one else had the same problem
Yes that is the same puzzle that would not recognize that I finished it. The ball rolled with no problem from the emtrance to the exit but then the game froze and I had to use a skip. When I pay for a CE I expect all of the game to work.

Then when I tried to played the game a second time from the beginning I had multiple problems, such as access violation, mini-game not playing and loosing my menu and inventory.

Edited on 10/18/2010 at 4:18:57 AM PST

mstws
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by mstws on Oct 18, 10 7:37 AM
Have the same problem with mini-game to get access card. Skipped puzzle and lost info bars just like everyone said. Is there going to be a patch or a refund?

[Post New]by cindyfink on Oct 18, 10 8:28 AM
Any news on when a fix might be available? Based on the comments it seems like the Intercom Game is an issue (its certainly my issue - I can't move past it) and a few others as well.

ihateshopping
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by ihateshopping on Oct 18, 10 9:19 AM
Okay, stick a fork in me, I'm done (same bugs as everyone else and I do NOT have any system requirement, pc configuration/OS, security software or "old" drivers issues).

This game was the last straw...along with the far more serious issues like Dracula 3 (wonder if any of my other LFAs are in jeopardy) and The Island: Castaway and broken games that are never fixed fiascos.

I've finally had enough and off to tell CS.

TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
399 Posts

[Post New]by TimeKilla on Oct 18, 10 11:58 AM
LizzieK wrote:During my first time playing the only problem I encountered was in the Extra Game Play after the regular game. One of the puzzle/mini-games did not recognize that I had completed the game successfully. In the game you have to direct a ball from the entrance to the exit by placing directional icons so the ball will not run into any of the obstacles. I completed it and the ball went from the entrance and out the exit just fine. But the game did not allow me to move forward. It would not let me reset or replay the game. I was able to skip the game but this caused me to not get all of the achievements. The achievements are part of what I paid for in the CE version.

I also had this problem with the extra chapter. I skipped the puzzle and was able to complete the chapter but it was frustrating. If you get a response from CS, please let us know.

[Post New]by kbjm8691 on Oct 18, 10 1:39 PM
having same issue when get to intercom at hotel

Dials don't move, lose hints, skip and all other functions.

what to do???

[Post New]by angiinjax on Oct 18, 10 4:01 PM
I can't get beyond the car chase scene toward the end. I have had no other issues with the game. The game crashes and I have to boot my computer. When I go back into the game it tells me that my profile has become corrupt and create a new profile... help!

[Post New]by sherrylmarshall on Oct 18, 10 6:06 PM
I'am stuck in the hotel room with a vent in the wall. I'am suppose to go to the right
where the spiral staircase is to find a ladder to reach the vent. I can not get out of
the room. I can't change the scene. I'am very unhappy, tried everything to fix this
error but no luck.

sherrylmarshall

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Oct 18, 10 8:50 PM
I know there is an update available for this game now, but, to be honest, I had absolutely no problems whatsoever and finished the game and bonus game as well. It almost sounds like some of your graphics cards didn't meet the requirement for the game or something. Plus, it was a fairly large game. IDK I do know it took quite a while to download, but once it did I had no problems whatsoever, thank goodness. I am sick of glitches!

ScaniX
Clownfish
Clownfish
596 Posts

[Post New]by ScaniX on Oct 18, 10 11:49 PM
Cool timing for that update! ^^

[Post New]by maggieannie43 on Oct 19, 10 3:08 AM
I have trouble again with a puzzle chapter 8 The apartment I put the lever on to the door I had to match random light 4 times after the first one the puzzle froze so I had to skip puzzle to carry on. I had a good record of solving puzzles up to then

Godsinger
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Godsinger on Oct 19, 10 4:35 AM
peglegann wrote:I have a different issue. I did not go in the same direction as the strategy guide. I am at Chapter 4. I do not have the injector for the monster. I went to the mailbox as soon as I got off the train. I have done the piano key and everything else. I have a hammer, nails and a plank in my inventory. I took the postcard from the mailbox and listened to the bear. I did not see the key. When I pulled away from the mailbox it shut down. i.e. I cannot go back in to it. No magnifying glass or anything. Is this a glitch or have I really missed something? Please, please help. I am now going to re-start under a different profile if I can, whilst waiting for a response from someone. Thank you.

I'm having the exact same problem. is there a fix?

Ziggy72
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Ziggy72 on Oct 19, 10 9:53 AM
viclynn17 wrote:I am trying to get the record out of the file cabinet. I get them all in but it will not let me take the record. I have reinstalled and the gliches stopped now this.
got the same promble

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Oct 19, 10 10:25 AM
I downloaded the new version for this game and then I played it again with a new profile and intentionally tried to break it every where possible, by not picking up journal entries, getting inventory items out of order, hitting every reset puzzle on every puzzle and then solving it, etc. not picking something up the first time, then going back and picking it up...

Happy to say that I encountered no difficulties in any of the places mentioned before, and no new ones to report.

For people still experiencing freezes if you have not checked your graphic card drivers and updated where necessary, you will still need to do so. The new version of the program will not fix problems with drivers.

I'm very impressed with the very rapid response this deveopment team has given to getting a new version of the game out.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 19, 10 11:35 AM
Hey Fishies!

Since there has been a new update for this game, in order to keep track of the new tech issues, I'll be locking this thread. But if you've already posted a question or comment that you'd like other players to see, please re-post here. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Go to: