Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Bloodline of the Fallen: Anna's Sacrifice

[Post New]by GentleKamLady on Nov 2, 10 6:00 PM
I'm a real newbie to posting in the forums (2nd post LOL) I wanted to reiterate what I have seen as a response here re: long reviews. THANK YOU! to all those who take the time, effort and thought that went into them so the rest of us could learn more about the game. You folks are terrific!
I absolutely loved the game! I don't have perfect eyesight being an older casual gamer, so after reading some of the comments, I used the option to lighten the screen just a little bit, and it was fine. Yes, I needed a few hints in the demo hour but not many, I just took my time as I like to do. How different this game is, fantastic! Yes, it's another spooky genre but my thought on that is iffen ya don't like spooky, don't play! I also find that tilting my monitor forward at the top really helps me to find items at the top of the screen that are a bit hard to see in any of the games. Found this tip out by accident LOL anyway, for me it really helps. I hope this might help some of you folks
Thank you BFG for putting out so many really good games. We do get some icky ones, true, but not everyone likes the same thing, and what with putting out a game a day, it can't be easy to find a hundred and eleventy ten good ones in a row.
Holy Doodle, I wish I could find 'spell-check' ......lol
Mary

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Nov 2, 10 6:57 PM
gamergirl675 wrote:
gameslvr wrote:Didn't know this was about cults and devil worship when I downloaded the trial. Give a person some warning will ya!

Really? The game seemed to be as presented to me... in the video you can see guys in robes with candles and then you see the words "blood, worship, sacrifice, death" that's pretty clear. From the name, description and video I expected it to be mainly a dark themed game with cult overtones at the least. Sorry you were unpleasantly surprised.

Well, there ya go, gamergirl. I was so anxious for a new game that I didn't watch the video, just read the description!

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Nov 2, 10 7:05 PM
jkuci wrote:
VTCT wrote:Why do people have to write such long review or comment. Can't people learn that most people quite reading after the first paragraph.

I guess this is piling on but, I couldn't let this comment pass me without another dissent.
You really don't speak for "most people", VTCT. Maybe just the less literate.

Now, now. That was just mean. I happen to agree with VTCT. I do skip through the comments. After you address the graphics, the hints the storyline, the length, what else is there to say? it ends up to me like blah, blah, blah, blah which is why I do skip it! (I am literate but if I want to read a book I'll pick one from my shelves).

[Post New]by rjbresume1 on Nov 2, 10 7:20 PM
why am I not surprised there is a bug in this one to geez with the amount of games I have bought from you guys you would think there would be one you could get right. Ok when you have to consume from wet to dry or something like that they make you find six items but when you get to the part where they want you to mix it you only have 5 that go into that area. Frustrated with you guys when you get you [removed by moderator] together let me know. In the meantime I want a fix to this please thanks

Edited on 11/05/2010 at 2:29:51 PM PST

remmah17
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by remmah17 on Nov 2, 10 8:01 PM
wow, only did 30 mins and deleted it. Too jumpy and slow on the hints, objects way too small and hard to find. A definate no buy for me

[Post New]by BarbieLicious on Nov 2, 10 10:16 PM
[b]HATED THE DEMO!! HATE THE GAME!! FORCED MYSELF TO FINISH DEMO MEARLY TO PERSIST TO SEE IF IT GOT ANY BETTER..IT DIDN'T. SORRY DEVELOPERS YOU LOST ME ON THIS ONE AND I USUALLY LOVE EVERY HOG GAME I PLAY. AND I RARELY POST ANY COMMENTS HERE BUT I JUST HAD TO SAY MY PIECE.
I THINK EVERYONE SHOULD PLAY THE DEMO TO DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES THO.
HAPPY GAMING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Nov 3, 10 4:39 AM
Hi all.

I am one of those who loves this game.

The "story line" doesn't bother me, but I absolutely love the refreshingly different style of HOG this has turned out too be.

It is challenging and on the difficult side but as there is no timer I can pootle along at my own pace getting my moneys worth for time alone.

My eyesight is not brilliant but I have found most of the objects on my own, they are just rather well hidden.

TTFN xx

tinyzac
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by tinyzac on Nov 3, 10 4:53 AM
sorry big fish annas sacrifice is a stinker from start to finish as i have nothing good to say about this game i wont say anything else but i give it a big thumbs down sorry

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Nov 3, 10 7:57 AM
Tinyzac - couldn't have said it better myself. This is so unbelievably bad, after 1/2 hour I still did not know what the story was, besides ruining my eyesight trying to find the teeniest things in the night time. I am a very big American Indian fan in everything they do, but the music drove me to insanity. Which is where I am now! No buy for me - couldn't even finish the trial.

to all the fishies that loved it. Take it, get it off my computer. Thank you.

bonbon663
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by bonbon663 on Nov 3, 10 9:43 AM
I wasn't keen on this game. I found it way too much reading for my liking, I found it to be very disjointed. You were jumping all over the place.

I didn't find it hard to find objects, that was pretty easy, but, I just didn't like it. I finished the preview, but, it's a not buy for me.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 3, 10 9:53 AM
I really tried hard to like the game. Graphics looked so promising and I'm very interested in the history of norther american indians. May be the game was a little bit too intellectuel, you just don't immerse in the athmophere. Pitty, could have been a very good, clever game. That's my opinion, not trying to say the game is bad, just that it lacks something, rhythm or may be it doesn't make you love what you're doing as it should be.

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Nov 3, 10 12:13 PM
I am with the majority on this game. It's a no, no. Could not get into it from the start. Was hoping to like it but had to stop the demo 30 minutes into it. Just didn't have a good storyline to follow and music was annoying. The objects, after reading what they are, were hard to find for this fishies eyes. Won't be buying this one even if it goes on the DD.

Zooey2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Zooey2 on Nov 3, 10 2:07 PM
Because it's such a large file, I bought it without trying it first. Big mistake! It's a very basic h.o.g. that is really little more than an interactive cult comic. While it claims to have "perplexing puzzles", it offers little more than clicking on objects - some of which are hardly recognizable for what they are suppose to represent. No puzzles to solve - no thought involved. Boring. Boring. Boring.

[Post New]by fishcrazy on Nov 3, 10 3:47 PM
LilyCat wrote:One of those games you either love or hate. I haven't decided yet.

At least it's a bit different.

I decided...I hated it! Into the trash can the demo goes

[Post New]by jstwe3 on Nov 3, 10 4:18 PM
can't get past level 10. stuck trying to find out how to answer the two questions she wants to know. there really needs to be a walkthrough.

wager371
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by wager371 on Nov 3, 10 5:59 PM
This game was promising but turned out to drag. I was disappointed. I won't buy.

onefeather
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by onefeather on Nov 3, 10 6:31 PM
Did not like the game. things too small and the graphics were not good.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Nov 3, 10 7:42 PM
Bloodline of the Fallen: Anna's Sacrifice

No real review on this one... I lasted only 11 minutes

I thought I was going to like this game, but apparently it's not for me. I don't generally enjoy heavily cult-themed stories, for one, and the "hidden object scenes"... Yech. I thought it was part of a cut-scene, originally! I was surprised that I was supposed to be finding objects!

1. The artwork is out-of-focus, making it difficult to view

2. The game seemed too much like work. If I wanted to find hidden words, I'd be doing a crossword. If I wanted to strain my eyes... Well, I don't want to strain my eyes, so no-go for me!

Add on the fact that we have a very in-your-face journal... which we cannot access, and it's a no-buy for me!

~(Un)installing we will go, (un)installing we will go
Hey ****, off you go, (un)installing here I go~

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Nov 3, 10 7:48 PM
This is about the oddest game I've ever played! Mostly it just wasn't making sense to me. I wasn't sure what was expected of me. Items were hard for me to make out also. A no go for me.

[Post New]by playercat on Nov 3, 10 8:01 PM
Two words -- it stinks. Story line is unintelligible. Hidden objects, for the most part, require more than just good eyesight. It seems you have to be psychic as well. I have played many casual and adventure games- some great, some bad, and some mediocre, but I don't believe I've ever seen one as bad as this. Demo looked sort of different and interesting, even though the graphics were somewhat fuzzy, but things went from bad to worse. Sorry I bought it and sorry I wasted time playing it to the bitter end. Kept hoping for improvement, but to no avail.

Go to: