Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Age: The Dark Priests

[Post New]by Dianne34 on Nov 8, 10 8:33 AM
Mystery Age The Dark Priests is fantastic!!! Loved everthing about it...was great fun from the start to finish. Thank you BF

JoHutton
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by JoHutton on Nov 8, 10 8:50 AM
Fantastic! Best $6.99 I've spent in a long, long time!

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Nov 8, 10 11:50 AM
Down loaded free hour yesterday, within minutes knew that this was what I've been saving my credit for loved every minute of playing this, seemed to go on forever, used the walk through once when I couldnt find anything to sift to get the sapphire. Done majority of the puzzles.

Going off to try the other one of this series, and cant wait to get started.

5 out of 5 from me

thank you Big Fish.

Edited on 11/08/2010 at 11:50:29 AM PST

jjj13
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jjj13 on Nov 8, 10 1:46 PM
Fantastic game. Great value. Wish there were more like this.

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

Way too easy!

[Post New]by togood2be on Nov 8, 10 2:58 PM
I liked the combination of hog/ihog/frog and so on, but come on the "puzzles" and I use that word loosely were just too easy.
No reason in the world that this game needs a walkthrough either. I give it a 1 out of 10 for difficulty..it wasnt! Too much information given in the journal, I wish I didn't read it all. The hog scenes were tougher than finishing the tasks at hand.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Nov 8, 10 6:38 PM
genkicoll wrote:I posted my review earlier in this thread, but I just don't think I did the game justice.

I really think that this has been the best game released all year. Dare I say even better than Return to Ravenhearst? It is at least as good, and that is the highest praise I can give a game.

Wonderful, wonderful! I just can't say enough about this game!

I said the same thing, this rivals RTR easily. And amazingly, even though it's as good as RTR, they did not copy everything in RTR like so many games do!! Still playing (I play about an hour a night before bed) and savoring this one, don't want it to end.
ETA--I think it rivals RTR, with the exception of the puzzles, which are much easier than RTR. However, I like both; some days I want to work harder at puzzles, some days I don't.

Edited on 11/09/2010 at 4:53:46 AM PST

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Nov 8, 10 10:31 PM
I just finished the game, and I have to say it's pretty great. lots to do, good game length, beautiful graphics. I've seen mention in some threads about the minigames being easy, and maybe they are a bit simple, but I think the rest of the more than makes up for this issue. One of the best games in a while-hope there will be a sequel!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 9, 10 12:51 AM
Finished it yesterday. Took my time, enjoyed every minute of it. In between there are little , click on the snake or the sea shell.... Hidden objects scenes seem quite easy at a first glance, but they are quite tricky and objects are not easily found. Mini games are good and not too difficult (up to my standards anyway !). Very good game, much, much, much better than the first one (Imperial Staff) which had disappointed me, too easy, too short and graphics just so so. It's pretty long to go from one scene to another, even got a black screen for a few seconds. When you have to find the 10 (or was it 15 ?) screw drivers, I thought it was a little unfair as some of them looked like hooks or even corkscrews. This is definitely, at least I think so, a chinese game, you can see it in the shape of some familiar objects and sometimes you have a quick glance at a "strange" writtting of a stone or a piece of paper (no, I'm not talking about runes !). Who said in one forum "Buy American" ? don't remember . A very good game, with great graphics and quite long. Enjoy !

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 9, 10 3:38 AM
Just wanted to add : a good game that is not a CE, it's so exceptional now that I really appreciate.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Nov 9, 10 4:27 AM
Well this game kept me busy for 3 days! I was able to play without the walk through. It is a well designed game. The graphics are great and the items are clear and well hidden in some cases. I even liked the music!
I played the first game "Mystery age : The Imperial Staff " before this one. In my opinion the first game got tedious. The developers did a great job keeping things more interesting with this one. This edition used a combination of HOG tactics and the first one was all Fracture. The combination techniques kept it lively. For those who don't like moving around a lot this game might irritate you. I just worked with it. I think the absolute beauty of the scenes helped a lot too. Anyway this game was fun, and I look forward to more like it.

[Post New]by RIPPER82 on Nov 9, 10 5:39 AM
This game was definitely worth the money. I always wonder how much of the game have I actually played in the hour trial. Some games I have bought only have another hour of game play. This isn't so with this game, it kept my attention for awhile. Highly recommend if you like these type of games.

Macazzar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Macazzar on Nov 9, 10 6:49 AM
Really enjoyed this game - took just under 4 hours in total including the 30min I spent on the demo before buying it. There were more straight HOG's than I expected after the demo as they had been FROGs but didn't feel cheated.

Good to have an excellent game that's not a CE this month.

johnniewhiskey
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by johnniewhiskey on Nov 9, 10 3:33 PM
I did the free trial and really enjoyed it. I came on here, read the reviews and bought it. Excellent choice, well worth buying.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 9, 10 5:18 PM
This game is excellent overall. The Hidden Object Scenes are beautifully drawn and the items are extremely well integrated into the scenes. I love searching for the fragmented item parts and watching them come together.

The story is interesting and kept me wanting to know more. The main character is believable, likeable, brave and persistent.

I enjoyed the variety of the different locations and how they all weave together into the quest. They are very imaginative and fanciful and not the same old attic or basement that we see so much of.

The hints recharge in a reasonable amount of time. The mini-games are varied and for the most part fun and not too difficult. They can be skipped after the skip button charges up.

The game is a good length and occupied me off and on for most of the weekend.

The only negative is that sometimes you have to wander from location to location looking for something that can require some sort of action. Sometimes there is only one trigger item that can be acted upon within perhaps ten available locations. It can get old revisiting locations and re-clicking on everything.

Mystery Age the Imperial Staff is another great game by this developer.

[Post New]by lswiss on Nov 9, 10 6:04 PM
Loved this one! I had already bought the previous "Mystery Age" game, and I welcomed this one, too. I love the convoluted searches and puzzles that are needed to complete the various tasks. I don't like it when a hidden object/puzzle game is completed too quickly or too easily. This is an excellent game that makes me think.
Thanks for a terrific game! More, please!!

[Post New]by kathyann55 on Nov 9, 10 7:29 PM

ONE OF THE BEST GAMES I HAVE PLAYED THIS YEAR......PLEASE KEEP THEM COMING.

maeveodonnell
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by maeveodonnell on Nov 9, 10 8:23 PM
Love, love, love this game!!! It has so many twists and turns, graphics are beautiful.

Great job!!

maxpatch
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by maxpatch on Nov 10, 10 12:01 AM
great game,love it,aslo like the walkthough...

Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Age: The Dark Priests

[Post New]by eezebreeze on Nov 11, 10 6:57 AM
bfgImbrium wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Mystery Age: The Dark Priests? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

SR13
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by SR13 on Nov 11, 10 9:45 AM
I loved this game & would like to add my name to the many others that have also made positive comments already. It was a great sequel to Mystery Age: The Imperial Staff.
I only encountered a few little glitches. When I first downloaded the game, after enjoying my trial hour, the hint area remained a flickering, bright square which was quite annoying. I resolved this simply by exiting & reopening the game. The other minor problem was setting the clock hands. I was sure that I had done it correctly &, not wanting to just skip the puzzle, checked up on the walkthrough. It seems that I had done it right so went back, reset the puzzle & repeated my setting- this time it worked perfectly. Either I had it wrong the first time or there is a fine line between the minutes.
It was on checking the walkthrough that I noticed that the right-hand edge missed off the last word or two, even though I felt I had given it plenty of time to fully download.
None of these very minor hitches spoiled my overall enjoyment of the game & can only thank you again for a game that stretched my brain-power without breaking it, & left me feeling quite smug that I had accomplished it with minimal help. It is good to know that the walkthroughs are there though if you really are stuck. They are always clear, concise & well laid out. So praise too for the walkthroughs.

Go to: