Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles

[Post New]by suzieque117 on Nov 13, 10 6:48 AM
Great game! I enjoyed everything about it. I finished the main game and then the extras and was pleased to find there was still yet more bonus games. It's a game that just keeps giving and giving. I feel I really got my $13.99 worth on this one!

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles

[Post New]by ladyclarksdale on Nov 13, 10 12:32 PM
Love this Game played this a few hr. last night and this morning everything was just right , hidden object easy to find loved the past and present.

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Nov 13, 10 1:34 PM
I downloaded this before I saw it was a collectors game I deleted right away I am really tired of anything good being a $14.00 game . I may or may not try in 3 weeks when the price goes down.

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Nov 13, 10 3:04 PM
I just finished the game few minutes ago and I loved it.
The graphics, the story, (different from the book), but still kept my attention throughout.
The HOG scenes were just right, I liked the part of trying
to figure out what to do next.
The voices were good, conversations to the point.

All in all, for me it was worth the extra cost.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Nov 13, 10 3:55 PM
What a GREAT HOG/Adventure game. If you really want a good game play it in the hard/expert mode. More like this please.

[Post New]by ocgarden on Nov 13, 10 4:44 PM
ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!. Story line, graphics, narratives, plot, and best of all, [b]the most user-friendly map I have ever seen in a Hog game. Love it, love it, love it. Have played twice already, once easy, once hard. Will play again

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Sherlock Holmes: The Hound of the Baskervilles

[Post New]by hamertjetik on Nov 14, 10 7:35 AM
Gusta54 wrote:
mikita2 wrote:
KaticaKatica wrote:As entered to the 2nd floor and tried to apply "Materialization" on the picture to get the key, nothing happened. Can it be a bug or what id the problem? Can anybody help? Thx

I have the same problem it's a pity cause you can't go on in the game,hope some
body will come with an answer.
As soon as I know I will let you know.
Bye for now.
mikita

Same problem here..i cant "materialice" Henry on the 2th floor hallway...
HAS ANYBODY HERE US ??????????
PLEASE SOME HELP HERE?
[b]

PLEASE HELP ME 2 I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM HERE!!!

Edited on 11/14/2010 at 7:38:12 AM PST

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Nov 14, 10 8:07 AM
Just a heads up for anyone with the problem with the "Materialization" for the key in the portrait in Chapter 5:

Check the thread "Post any Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles Collector's technical issues here only". bfgArnoStyx gave some tips on page 1 and page 2. If that doesn't work out, I suggest to write to Customer/Tech Support via the green envelope on the right side. On the next page at the bottom left is a "Contact us" line and on the then next page are also the times for Live Chat (which is not on the weekend, in any case).
For the record: I didn't have any problem with this or anything else in the game; my machine running on Windows XP and file downloaded from BFG.

This is just a users forum, and as far as I know the techs don't read the forums and will only react if contacted directly (or maybe if the Technical issues thread gets big enough). Good luck!

It's such a great game IMO, it's worth the effort.

dachawawa
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by dachawawa on Nov 14, 10 9:35 AM
Bigfishette wrote:Finsihed playing and found it to be a really awesome game. I really loved the variety of puzzles and the story. The hidden objects were of reasonable difficulty. Definitely worth the CE price. I found it to be a really long game because of figuring how everything went together. I did think that Sherlock's comments were annoying though especially at the beginning. Thanks BFG!!

Thank goodness I wasn't the only one that Sherlock irked at the beginning. All I could think was..."How did you know all these details, including the ink on his hand, without even looking up from your newspaper?" This almost turned me off enough to not even do the trial, but I decided to give it a chance anyway, and am glad I did. Loved the game and probably will be buying it.

sionnach_dhu
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

[Post New]by sionnach_dhu on Nov 14, 10 10:05 AM
The accents seem comfortable to this american ear..not TOO british as some games have been. Henry's american accent seemed flat, but maybe our accents are. ( could have been a northern accent or southern accent there)

Henry doesn't have an *American* accent; he's supposed to have been born in the U.K. and the lived in Canada for many years. Having said that, he didn't sound all that "Canadian" either. <G>

kris_cross48 wrote:
I struggled with some of the mini-puzzles and hated skipping over them. But I wanted to "get on" with the game and the puzzles were in the way.

I ended up skipping two or three of the puzzles - mostly ones where I could see what I needed to do, but got bored and didn't feel like working out the solutions. Like you, I wanted to get on with the game!

kris_cross48 wrote:
The extra game play added on for CE buyers confuses me. Again, it is long and yummy. But I can't see how a shortened version can be without it.

Well, I can... the story ends with the supposed release of the curse, and the CE part is basically a mini-sequel. Which, incidentally, felt like it had been a bit rushed in development although it was fun to play.

sionnach_dhu
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

[Post New]by sionnach_dhu on Nov 14, 10 10:10 AM
Itsupikachu wrote:I played the trial of this game and so far, I love it. It isn't too hard-just right for me. I want to buy it but before I make a final decision, can anyone tell me if there are any references to the occult in the game? I know some people like games of that nature and it doesn't bother them and that's fine but, personally, for me I am uncomfortable with any occult type things. Thanks!

Erm... pretty much the entire game is based on "the occult", unless you have a different definition of the term than is generally accepted.

sionnach_dhu
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

[Post New]by sionnach_dhu on Nov 14, 10 10:23 AM
ancientpeas wrote: I liked the game a lot and reccommend it. Give it a try I say.

It is very different than the book

I'm a fan of the original books and stories by Doyle, and something of a purist about them, but this game didn't bother me at all - I looked on it as an "alternate universe" story. And it's pretty clear that's how the writers intended it, especially since one of the rewards you can unlock is an e-book of the original novel, which the game refers to as "the true story of the Baskervilles". :-)
It's more important to me that the characters remain true to Doyle's depiction, and this game passed my approval on that... which is saying something. I find a lot of film versions of the stories, including the ones with Jeremy Brett, literally unwatchable because they mess up Watson so badly.

ancientpeas wrote:
and very different from Sir Conan Doyle's own personal anti magic and antimagic hysteria angle. He believed that science could explain all.

Erm... I think you're confusing Holmes with his creator. Doyle most certainly did not believe "science could explain all"; in fact, he was not only a confirmed believer in - and supporter of - spiritualists and spiritualism (contacting and speaking to the spirits of the dead), but a believer in the existence of fairies!

Getting back to the game, I thoroughly enjoyed it, finding it a nice mixture of light storytelling & moderately challenging **** scenes & puzzles... not so easy that it was boring, not so hard that it was frustrating enough to give up on.

[Post New]by PyraSanada on Nov 14, 10 1:21 PM
I loved this game! I haven't finished playing the extra gameplay yet, but I will probably within the next day or so. The game went surprisingly fast. There were a couple puzzles that I just finally had to skip because I was getting extremely frustrated with them. I do have one complaint so far. There was a spelling error during the last movie sequence at the swamp. Henry said he was feeling "week," instead of "weak!" You'd think someone might have noticed that....

deijiara
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by deijiara on Nov 14, 10 1:39 PM
I admit to total bias whenever anything Sherlock Holmes pops up. I am 100% certain to try it, although not 100% certain to love it. Some of the large file games BigFish has had have not been bought, but I am definitely buying this one. The game was fun without being irritating (hidden objects were properly sized and in mostly intelligent places) and there was a skip feature on the puzzles (very necessary for non-puzzle minded people like myself), the voice acting was excellent, and the music was even enjoyable! While the game does get a little on the ooky and kookie side, so far I haven't seen anything too outlandish. Whoever designed this game, GOT IT RIGHT! Go Buy It!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Nov 14, 10 1:59 PM
If any game is worth the CE price, it's this game, usually I don't buy them because I don't need such a large file game, just for wall papers, scetch art etc, that I never use.
The extra bonus's you get for buying the CE, are excellent, and Sooo worth the money, and the most bonus content, I ever seen, it is quite long, and than when you think you've completed all of the bonus content, there is an entire book, loaded with puzzles to solve.
It is amazing, SO much hard work went into this game, it is top quality from begining to end, so HUGE kudo's to the developers, there efforts paid off because I don't know of any game that was this hard to produce, and they did it, they are IMHO the best at their trade.
I LOVED the achivements, one that made me laugh was, finding all of the hidden objects in less than a minute, the badge for that said: Did you have time to breathe..so funny.
Than the one for doing 10 hidden objects in a row without a hint said: You must have some Holmes genes in your blood, for me this added another bonus to the game play, I love getting achivements !
And I am a huge fan of the special powers, strenght, perception, speed, materialization and last but not least, the telekinesis, talk about new and unique, loved using the special powers, and again, another thing to add that made the game play extra special !!
Than of couse finding all of the shields ..so much to do, no way of getting board in this game, I think they put everything they could think of into this multiple variety, perfect game.
The one little nit pick that bothered me, was I couldn't get a badge because in one of the HOG scenes, there was an item called a cockade, had no idea what that was, so since I misclicked several times, trying to find it, I didn't get my achivement badge..boo hoo ...lol.
I also loved when I finished the butterfly puzzle, all those butterfly's released was so BEAUTIFUL to look at, which brings me to the graphics and artwork, SPECTACULAR job, I am into great graphics and this lived up to my high expectations, done perfectly.
The story was captivating, held my interest completely, which is not always the case, and I didn't skip a thing, the music, really was the perfect choice and added so much to this great game. I finished the game, but still have hours of game play left, if I want to complete all of the puzzles in the book, but I am not real good at some puzzles, and get frustrated-continued

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Nov 14, 10 2:12 PM
Continued- But for those of you who LOVE puzzles, I am glad they have them for you to enjoy, my brain just doesn't function enough, to figure some of them out, big time brain fart, on some of them, but I'll keep trying, maybe some day I'll catch up in that department...lol!
THANKS to the developers and all involved, in making this very complex, fun and exciting game, it just blows my mind the diffaculty level, that it took to make a game of this quality!
You all are brillant, IMHO and deserve so much credit, keep up the great work, and I will be looking forward, to the next genius game you all produce !!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Nov 14, 10 4:07 PM
Really liked this one too. Graphics excellent, liked the voice rather than the need to read everything, although I read faster than they talk and liked the skip button because I read faster than they talk. Like the ability to change the cursor as well (don't like the custom jobs). Story line is interesting. A lot of jumping around, but that's okay too. Not a lot of explanation as to what you are to do, but I have managed to figure it out. Liked the games...a little different for a change. I have to see how long this is before I purchase, but I'm sure I will. Finished the demo with 13 minutes to spare. Thanks for all the helpful reviews.

Edited on 11/14/2010 at 4:08:10 PM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 15, 10 1:32 AM
Great game, good graphics, good british voices, story is entirely different from the one in the book but it doesn't matter, this one makes a fun great, long game. The extras are incredebly long, with many different games, that's what I call a real CE. Played it the easy mode but I'm already replaying the hard one. It's a game that one can enjoy replaying, which is quite seldom. It's fun to get all theose little rewards during the game, mini games are numerous and different, they are more difficult in the hard mode. Give us more games like this one, I usually complain about too many CE, but this one is really worth it. Five out of five.

VolleymomDee
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by VolleymomDee on Nov 15, 10 2:45 AM
This IHOG/Adventure game was worth every single penny! I just finished the game and the extra bonus play (which was one of the best and longest bonus games I have ever played). I won't go into much detail, since several of the other reviewers did such a fantastic job. This is one of my all-time favorites. I took my time and read the story. I usually do not care for "scary" games, but this was different. Who couldn't like Sherlock Holmes?! I played in easy mode, and I found the hints and sparkles made the game more relaxed and even more enjoyable. I did like the feature of being asked if I wanted to immediately go to another place; that was a nice addition. The map was a great help, too; I would suggest that the room pics in the map would be enlarged a bit. When I think of all the layers of game play - many different rooms, portals to the past, finding shield components, hidden object scenes, mini-games - I am amazed at the price - even at $13.99. I really hated to see the game and the bonus play end!

[Post New]by Dreamergirl50 on Nov 15, 10 8:53 AM
Great **** game! Holds your interest, changes somewhat whenever you replay it, defintely one of the better games, pretty much awesome!!! Highly recommend it!!!

Go to: