Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera

[Post New]by Christine_Petit on Jan 8, 12 1:30 PM
Hey there! Just bought the game last night, and finished it this morning! Haha when I first saw it, I literally almost cried; POTO is my FAVORITE story and FAVORITE musical/movie. In fact, I've been training to sing opera, all because of POTO, Christine Daae, and Emmy Rossum!
Anyways, I did enjoy the game. Not too easy, not too hard. Graphics were beautifully haunting. Some of the things freaked me out!
Storyline was great! Evelina looks so much like Christine. I can see why Erik would mistake her for his forbidden love.
There were just a few things I weren't too impressed with, or thought could be better.
The beginning, Evelina randomly appears at Paris d'Opera, like magic. Some things in POTO do seem mystical and magical, but in truth, Erik is a genius. There is no magic. I don't think even a magician could do that. I feel like that part could have been better, like a more normal way to get to Paris d'Opera. He could've captured her, he's gone outside a few times before.
And the ending was kind of disappointing, it just kind of left me hanging. On the bright side, this is a great opportunity to make a fanfiction ending!
Though, I would still enjoy a sequel, just to help the ending a bit more. I'm sure everybody would want to know what happens in the end, just a suggestion.
Overall, I'd say I'd rate it... 7 out of 10. Great graphics, nice storyline, very challenging but not too hard. But just a few minor flaws.
Thank you for making a game like this in the first place! I am so happy that I used the rest of my Christmas money to buy it! I hope I can buy more of your games in the future!

[Post New]by sunshine197239 on Jan 21, 12 8:38 PM
I really enjoyed this game but I hated the abrupt ending/the ending itself!

[Post New]by Readwritelove on Jan 31, 12 2:59 PM
Bought this during the 5 for 5 sale and so glad. Really enjoyed it. I'm usually on the fence about the collectors editions vs standard but in this case the free blog walkthrough got me through it.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Feb 21, 12 11:28 PM
Interesting but difficult. Not a buy for me. The HOS are junk piles, some frustratingly dark and difficult. The hint button takes a VERY long time to recharge (3 minutes?), and you WILL need to use it to find some of the hidden objects. The voice overs are exceedingly annoying but you can turn them off. My main problem with the game is the length of time it takes for the hint button to recharge. But for that it might be a buy for me.

[Post New]by Nat2781 on Mar 16, 12 1:58 PM
Take 2 after the last epic I wrote didn't post

Bought this ages ago and realised I hadn't finished it so went back to it; slightly disappointed I bothered.

I was really enjoying it previously, the artwork is generally good (although some HOGs are a murky mess) and there are some jump out of your seat moments. I just started to get really frustrated during the last couple of hours.

I took 5 1/2 hours and much of that must have been the toing and froing. Some objectives, like the chessboard, had no mark on the map so you'd have to roam around until you found it. I agree the hints take far too long to charge, especially given how often they are needed. Collecting the hearts was irritaing too, you'd get voiceover hints for the next one but when you checked the journal the text would bear little or no relation to what was said.

The ending was so disappointing, I really hope that I'm wrong in thinking that the abrupt ending is continued in the CE, that would really be poor.

banshee10
Clownfish
Clownfish
564 Posts

[Post New]by banshee10 on Mar 19, 12 10:30 AM
If you're looking for a game that adds a large amount of aggravation to your life.... ... if you love feeling annoyed to the max.... ... if you haven't experienced exhaustion for a long time, combined with an overwhelming thankfulness when it's over, finally.... ... THIS GAME IS FOR YOU.

This game is one of the worst I've ever played, though it begins quite entertaining: the scenery is beautiful, and at first I was interested in what would happen, not too many HO-Scenes (which soon turned out a very, very wrong impression)...

To keep it short: I've NEVER seen a hint system nor a map that useless - they're both more confusing than helpful. Oh, and the map - it shows you lots of "places of interest" though you won't be able to do anything there unless you have found certain items (which will happen half an hour later).

We're all used to backtracking more or less, and we do tolererate this patiently most of the time. The amount of backtracking HERE is just incredible. One example: towards the end of the game, you get item #A, go back 15 screens to get item #B, go back again to where you originally came from and further (20 screens), just to find out that you have to turn back once more to get item #C (only 9 screens, don't worry).

I can tell you that even an art addict like myself loses the enjoyment of admiring the scenery after having visited the same room the thirtiest time.

NEVER again.

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Apr 6, 12 4:03 PM
fab graphics, sound effects, mini games, and very colourful. well done big fish

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Apr 6, 12 4:03 PM
fab graphics, sound effects, mini games, and very colourful. well done big fish

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on May 25, 12 10:53 PM
Just finished playing the game - took about 5 1/2 hours. There were a few challenging mini games (glad there was a walkthrough) and some of the HOS were a little too cluttered (used the Hint button frequently).

One big improvement would be if you could "jump" to different rooms by way of the map. Towards the end I was clicking from room to room so fast that I was worried my computer would freeze up.

All-in-all it was a good game to play and it was money well spent.

[Post New]by TessDurbeyfield on Jun 1, 12 8:05 PM
All I have to say is... SEQUEL???? Please, PRETTY please??? With a cherry on top.

[Post New]by MarjAZ on Oct 26, 12 11:18 AM
I just downloaded the trial version and thought it was a "new" game, but when I checked items in this forum, it seems as though it has been around for quite some time now! My experience was bizarre: I opened the game and didn't see anywhere to enter my player name...clicked on Play and it opened as though I had been playing for some time. My inventory was full already and time had elapsed. I have an email into the company to see what happened. I probably will have to uninstall and reinstall. Just wondered if this had ever happened to anyone else? First time for me!

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jan 2, 13 2:11 PM
Just finished playing Phantom of the Opera {finally} whew! Just could not get into the game but felt that I bought it so I have to play it..
Am sure that most everyone loved it but I found that having to go through so many steps to get map time after time got dreary and 'pick-up objects would simply just not stick to curser.
Perhaps this game was simply not my cup of tea..
If you are looking at reviews, please try game and judge for yourself.
Sort of strange, when I like a game I really can get into it and will work through glitches and tech problems as far as I can. This game gave me no problems other than just not liking it. I'll just call it tedious
I'll give it &1/2 out of 5 flowers..... banshee10 's review says just what I felt

banshee10 wrote:
If you're looking for a game that adds a large amount of aggravation to your life.... ... if you love feeling annoyed to the max.... ... if you haven't experienced exhaustion for a long time, combined with an overwhelming thankfulness when it's over, finally.... ... THIS GAME IS FOR YOU.

This game is one of the worst I've ever played, though it begins quite entertaining: the scenery is beautiful, and at first I was interested in what would happen, not too many HO-Scenes (which soon turned out a very, very wrong impression)...

To keep it short: I've NEVER seen a hint system nor a map that useless - they're both more confusing than helpful. Oh, and the map - it shows you lots of "places of interest" though you won't be able to do anything there unless you have found certain items (which will happen half an hour later).

We're all used to backtracking more or less, and we do tolererate this patiently most of the time. The amount of backtracking HERE is just incredible. One example: towards the end of the game, you get item #A, go back 15 screens to get item #B, go back again to where you originally came from and further (20 screens), just to find out that you have to turn back once more to get item #C (only 9 screens, don't worry).

I can tell you that even an art addict like myself loses the enjoyment of admiring the scenery after having visited the same room the thirtiest time.

NEVER again.

Edited on 01/02/2013 at 2:20:50 PM PST

Fishmania
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Fishmania on Aug 11, 14 7:28 PM
Hi- I am new to the pond! I just started gaming, and Big Fish are my faves!
I know I want to try Drawn, Hidden Expedition Smithsonian, and European Mystery with Henry the 8th. But I can't make up my mind about Phantom- some say its good, others awful. Worth trying?

Fishmania
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Fishmania on Aug 14, 14 7:23 PM
Is anybody on here besides me? 3 days without hearing from anyone? Hello! Anybody there?

Fishmania
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Fishmania on Aug 15, 14 3:28 PM
I really want to know if this game is worth trying! Anybody out there who can help?

Fishmania
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Fishmania on Aug 17, 14 7:31 PM
I have been waiting for nearly a week for a reply- nothing. Can anybody help? I really want to know if this game is worth it! I have also posted in other forums- no response there either!

AdrianaIP
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by AdrianaIP on Oct 21, 14 8:15 PM
This is the MOST annoying game I ever played. I got to a point in which I cannot click on anything, nor use what I have. And when I ask for a hint, they tell me things that I know but that I don't have the tools for. So I am wandering in the rooms, clicking like crazy, in the hope to pick up SOMETHING that I can use, and this game keeps reminding me that I need one more jar, and one more book, but no idea where I can pick them up.

This game is AWFUL.

I will never buy another Mystery legends again.

Go to: