Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Fiction Fixers: The Curse of OZ

[Post New]by Laflamme on May 18, 11 4:36 PM
Most of the important stuff has already been mentioned of course, so I'll provide a few additional thoughts:

- My game time: 2 hours 46 For that big a map and that many location pics the game was fairly short.

- SPIDER ALERT! Fairy big, just click it away. Alice had more of them in Hidden Object scenes.

- Loved the twist on the way to the Wicked With of the West.

- How many times will I have to do that 8-5-3 liters turn into 4-4-0 liters of water riddle again? It feels like it's coming up in every other game...

- Good thing they told you when an area is finished, this saves a lot of backtracking.

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Jul 20, 11 7:00 PM
Liked the first one and liked this one
Bought both
interesting
funny
nice story with a twist on the traditional one
A buy for me

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jul 24, 11 5:56 PM
Fiction Fixers: The Curse of Oz (IHOG)

You have multiple options to choose from, including custom cursor and the ability to "stretch screen" (for widescreen monitors, I assume).

Fiction Fixers again takes us on a familiar journey, accentuated by their own twists. The FF version of the story is based on the books, not the movie, so there will be tasks that need to be done that you may not be familiar with (including the fact that Dorothy has silver shoes, not ruby )

The art is nice, the voiceovers cute and the screens very dark. Yes, darkness has shrouded the land, but making the scenes so dim that you have trouble seeing the items you're looking for is a cop-out, in my opinion. Hide things so that they're not staring us right in the face, but don't depend on poorly-lighted artwork to increase the difficulty.

The gameplay itself is pretty well done, with items to find and assemble (usually the pieces are scattered across several scenes), hidden object scenes and occasional use of one of your friends' talents to get you to new places. There is a map that will show you when the locations may have a hidden object scene or activity to do, as well as which areas are active and which are complete.

It's a good game, but like the first FF game, the scenes are too dim to really be enjoyable. Give us a brightness option on these games, Fiction Fixers! I think you'll get more sales! I know that I would buy both of the games if there was just a way to adjust the brightness (and yes, my screen is turned up as bright as it will go!)

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Jan 21, 12 8:03 AM
A big NO for me...the graphics are too dark. I had to wait for hints to find 5 items in the second **** scene...too much...and the "evil voice" pissed me off.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Dec 1, 12 7:53 PM
I enjoyed this game...played the whole demo and was a bit disappointed when it ended...it may be a go for me. I don't have a problem with repeat HOS as long as I am not looking for the same items over and over. The repeat HOS only repeat a couple of times and then you move on to a new section with new HOS...this was no biggie. Puzzles were easy, but the HINT only works during the HOS. There is a map and that shows you the way, but it is not a jump map. A feature I always like is this game will tell you when an area is clear so you don't keep going back to see if there is more to do.

I did turn off the voice overs immediately....I don't like them anyway and usually turn them off, but these were particulary annoying.

An easy going game which is a refreshing change from some of the very intense ones. So far, a 3.5 out of 5.

Additional comments: Just finished the game. Found the lack of a hint in the game mode very irritating. The most frustrating part were the mini games which turned out to be time consuming and tedious. VERY slow skip and sometimes the instructions were not clear at all. In fact, one puzzle simply said "some interpretation needs to be used here"...good grief, could not make the puzzle work at all. Skipped almost all of them toward the end.

Lots of HOS which were easy, but if you used the HINT, it was also VERY slow to recharge. Must say, I can only give a 3 out of 5 now. Certainly not a "kids" game.

Edited on 12/08/2012 at 3:57:02 PM PST

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 22, 13 4:54 PM
I never did finish this one.

<Puts it on todo list>

sfr8rfan
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by sfr8rfan on Sep 6, 14 10:33 PM
amj0963 wrote:i really like the game, of course i love the wizard of oz. i thought the voices were excellent, the characters are cute, quirky and funny. i just wish we could have seen some munchkins in the beginning, hopefully there will be some as they are cute. i find this game very enjoyable, not a lot of dialogue which is good, there are some pieces that you have to find to put together (they are fragments) and the pieces will light up in the bottom of your screen if you are in a scene where they are located.

this is going to be a buy for me.

i give it 3 1/2 (if the munchkins would have been there to greet us i would have given it 4 1/2 )

Well I'm glad to hear that you like the voices...because I started playing the one hour time trial and there are no voices...so now I know this is a tech problem. Thank you!!!

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Oct 13, 14 11:18 AM
Today's DD:

Based on the demo:

How did I miss this little gem?

I never read the story and I don't think I've watched the movie. I tried to watch it as a kid but those Kansas scenes scared me and so I refused.

It's been remarkably easy so far and I have read some of the reviews so I think the puzzles get harder as the game progresses. I also know that it's pretty short.

And I do know that Dorothy is not a very good giver of hints.

Still, I think it's a good game; at least the part I've played. I haven't had much use for the hint button in the HOS. I like the map, even if it can't be used to jump.

I think it's worth the DD price so I'm going to buy it.

And I will check out the other "Fixer" game, too.

Thank you for the reviews; they are helpful.

Happy gaming!!

Go to: