Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium

[Post New]by gtess89 on Oct 19, 11 2:19 PM
It is an AMAZING game!!! I had no problems with it at all! The graphics are great and the play is fun.

[Post New]by AustinFlame on Oct 19, 11 8:41 PM
One of the best games I've ever played on BF. And I am so glad I purchased this! Off for the next Haunted Halls, I'll even buy the CE this time. Thanks ERS, it was a real pleasure.
Only tiny disappointment was that the last couple of "patients" could have been a little harder to "cure"..but it was still fun!

stellmac
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by stellmac on Dec 5, 11 4:58 AM
I haven't written many reviews but always read what others think before buying a game! I have to say something about this one though as I thought it was an absolutely fantastic game. Although I agree with other comments about the spooky eye and the ending, these were far outweighed by the quality of the rest of the game and I had no technical problems at all. I did find it hard at first remembering how to get from one place to the next and where certain people/places were; it is not a game that you can play for a while and come back to a couple of weeks later as there is so much going on! I enjoyed every minute (even if I did get slightly impatient with the HOS at times as I wanted to get on with the story!) and is one of the best games I have played! If you like IHOGS then give it a try, I don't think you will regret it.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Feb 18, 12 11:34 AM
stellmac wrote:I haven't written many reviews but always read what others think before buying a game! I have to say something about this one though as I thought it was an absolutely fantastic game. Although I agree with other comments about the spooky eye and the ending, these were far outweighed by the quality of the rest of the game and I had no technical problems at all. I did find it hard at first remembering how to get from one place to the next and where certain people/places were; it is not a game that you can play for a while and come back to a couple of weeks later as there is so much going on! I enjoyed every minute (even if I did get slightly impatient with the HOS at times as I wanted to get on with the story!) and is one of the best games I have played! If you like IHOGS then give it a try, I don't think you will regret it.

I simply will say ditto to everything stellmac said so well.

education69
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by education69 on Jun 17, 12 2:42 PM
Game was okay. Some of the solutions were a bit too easy. The storyline and atmosphere were good, but the puzzles could have been better.

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Jul 12, 12 4:23 AM
This was another game I got in a hurry because a special was on. I didn't do the Demo of it--never again will I not do a game Demo. I had to use the walkthrough all the way through the game--not fun! And some stupid ending which I won't spoil by typing anything about it other than to say there looks like there is supposed to be a follow up game. Which I will not be buying! What is the point of all these games that are done in such a way a walkthrough is needed?

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Aug 16, 12 4:10 PM
Bought this when it was DD on 10/9/11, but hadn't played it yet
when I bought the CE of "Haunted Halls: Fears From Childhood"
a few days ago. Just had to play that right away and loved it.

Decided I should go back and play this one while the characters
were fresh in my mind. Big mistake. "Fears" is just so much
better, that this suffered in comparison.

Didn't like:

No map and picking up one item then back tracking
through as many as eight rooms in the main building, outside
to go around to another building then several rooms in there
to use the item got really tedious. Just started going to W/T
to see where to go.

HOs towards end of game got darker and more distorted
items and not as well spaced as in the beginning.

So, if you didn't care for this one, do give the demo a try on the
new one. And if you liked this one, definitely try "Fears"
it's great.

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Oct 2, 12 7:56 PM
I just got around to buying and playing the SE game and have really enjoyed it. The last HO scene was nearly impossible, thank goodness for the hint button, but the others were fairly clear and the puzzles fun. There was a lot of to-ing and fro-ing around the buildings but it wasn't too hard to remember where everything was.

I kept the sound turned down due to repetitive and annoying music and just listened to my own music. Fortunately there was caption for what people were saying.

The ending was a total downer but that's to be expected I guess so we're encouraged to buy the next game. I hope the next game frees everyone and has a happy (or any) ending.

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on Dec 13, 12 7:14 PM
I Love this game. I finished this game the other day and I must say this whole series is quite amazing. The story is unexpected and very original. I find the story is much as important than the game play and graphics. I like how you don't see Blackmore until the very end of this game and see his true form. Some may get a little weirded out, but I thought it was unique and original. The game was long and had a lot to do and see. Behind each door was something unexpected. I enjoyed this entire game, and it is long enough and enjoyable enough to replay!

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jul 22, 13 5:14 AM
Well Told Tale, Classic Series

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
It’s quite an exciting car smash we get ourselves into in the intro to this game. It’s been done before, yes, and since, but it is still well done. The voiceover is deep, authoritative, ominous.

WHAT’S HAPPENING
Our foolish boyfriend has got himself in too deep investigating strange happenings at an abandoned asylum. After your dramatic arrival, you soon find a lot that’s strange yourself. It seems some mad doctor is experimenting with patients with phobias, although his methods don’t seem likely to help them any. You must help these poor people in order to find and rescue Tim, the boyfriend. There are some really interesting phobias in this one, and some bizarre treatments.

SIGHTS & SOUNDS
Despite its age (released 2010), this game still looks good, the hand drawn graphics (yes, it’s an ERS game) look sombre but not overly dark or disgusting. It opens in wide screen without distortion, which impressed me. The music is different from the norm with ERS, and the environmental sounds are chilling.

MAKING PROGRESS
There are a lot of HO scenes, and very few puzzles in this game. The HO scenes are clear, not too dark, and rarely are the objects small. There is animation, but no interactive items in the standard list. I like the way the list is broken up into segments, and the buzzing fluorescent lights. Adds ambience *smile*. A not very helpful hint works outside the HO scenes.

BLING!
We have with us an electronic (I think) notebook to record information, including the medical records we find along the way. No map though.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS
This is the first of the Haunted Halls series, and is very well put together. It is interesting how well a game can work, even without the ‘”Bling!”. I found the game as immersive and enjoyable as any of the blockbuster games that are the norm today.

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Jul 6, 14 3:48 PM
I really enjoyed this game. It had a good storyline, graphics, and music. There is no interactive map so that means a lot of "to and fro" that went on. However, even that wasn't so bad. Once I "cleared" a floor, I usually didn't have to go back there.

Only problem I had was with the Hint button. It did not point me in a direction. For the most part I got a "nothing to do here" message. However, it does have a worse flaw. If you are in a scene that has a task you will be doing in the future, it will treat this task as something you can be doing now...when actually you can't as you don't have the item you need to complete this task yet. This was frustrating until I realized what was happening. So...for the most part, if I needed help, I went to the walkthrough and skipped the Hint button all together. I feel that if the Hint button isn't going to help us, don't even bother putting one in your game.

I also found a couple of tasks that were really off the wall (but still fun) such as putting a growth serum on a wooden puppets nose and then putting the woodpecker on it to turn it into a flute which you then attached to an oxygen tank where the oxygen played music and made the rope coil up like a cobra. Really??? (Highlight to read).

Edited on 07/06/2014 at 3:56:03 PM PST

Go to: