dewieee
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium technical issues here only

[Post New]by dewieee on Nov 28, 10 12:56 PM
kitkat1836 wrote:When are you going to fix this game,I want my money back or I will drop my account
with Big Fish.

Write customer service and they will give you a free credit. They have always come through when I had a valid complaint about a game. Saying it here will not get your money back.

[Post New]by janen2ryp on Nov 28, 10 12:56 PM
I am also having trouble with the floating cursor. When will this problem be fixed. Other games has this too.

Skipperbp32
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Skipperbp32 on Nov 28, 10 1:45 PM
kittykill wrote:I can't even get into the game to play. I played the demo fine, played for about an hour after purchase and tried to play tonight and couldn't even get it to start up. I uninstalled, reinstalled, updated java-nothing. Boo!

This is my issue, too. I played the CE demo- no problems. Bought the SE right away without going thru the demo first. Played 2-3 hours almost without an issue. Then the cursor started getting unbelievably slow. I was tired so I stopped. Today I sat down for a little bit to play and can't get the game to even start.

Lots of fussing with the PC but I can't get it to start up. sigh. So much for my fun time. Back to laundry, paying bills, and other weekend chores!

[Post New]by lostbuttrying on Nov 28, 10 2:19 PM
I also had problems. Not with the demo of the CE version (I suspect it's flawless download was a tease). it took THREE tries for the SE version to download. Once it did, I had no serious problems other than the the slow response and the shortened playing time. What is it with these shortened playing times and the over abundance of CE versions? I enjoyed the game, I considered the problems very minor. I'm concerned if I do use a game credit will I then experience all the problems others have had?

Edited on 11/28/2010 at 2:19:48 PM PST

[Post New]by ManuelaAnna on Nov 28, 10 2:23 PM
Played the demo and liked the game. Purchased it and now it doesn't start. Tried uninstalling/re-installing a few times, but it came up with an Error message = another game running, but task bar doesn't show it. I hope the problem will soon be solved.

tex88
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by tex88 on Nov 28, 10 2:28 PM
floating cursor problem for me too. also game seems to move in slow-mo. too bad, seemed like it could have been fun.

[Post New]by ladijustis on Nov 28, 10 2:34 PM
Couldn't tell you if I had a problem with the cursor, because I can't even play the game. I played the demo, then I purchased it and now it doesn't start. Tried uninstalling/re-installing many times, changing settings, etc., but it continues to come up with an error message of: another game running, but task bar doesn't show it. Help, has anyone had this problem and been able to resolve it? If so, please let me know, thanks.

onefeather
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by onefeather on Nov 28, 10 2:43 PM
the demo will not play right for me. i have checked everything still cannot play it. i wonder if it will be fixed, if not then it should be taken off.

[Post New]by dramamama61 on Nov 28, 10 2:54 PM
Seriously, this game should be taken off the menu until they figure out the problem. How many more people are still downloading, that don't look in the forums for issues? If this many people are taking the time to comment, there are probably many more who are not.

Stop offering it until it's fixed!

barelyberlee
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by barelyberlee on Nov 28, 10 3:43 PM
While I'm just as disappointed as everyone else that the game isn't working correctly, I to am getting the floating cursor, and feel the game should have been working correctly before launch I know Big Fish will have it corrected by tomorrow. So I will still buy it tonight with my game credit and will just play it tomorrow. Although I wish that the game would of been launched later in the week and had the problems so I wouldn't be glued to the game while I am needed to pack. Now I'm going to be playing the game when I'm suppose to be packing. SHHHHHH don't tell my husband that's why I'm not done LOL

[Post New]by spitfiresyd77 on Nov 28, 10 4:15 PM
OK, so I can deal with the floating cursor, but the problem I have is that the game is running very slow. I also am stuck in the room with the mirrors I have finished it and spoken with the girl, but did not receive my game piece so I cannot move on I have been waiting in the room for more than ten minutes. Has anyone else had this issue and if so how did you resolve it?

Noralg
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Noralg on Nov 28, 10 4:25 PM
How very disappointing! Great potential with great graphics and story, BUT the technical problems are overwhelming. Custom curser is totally annoying and the game play often slows to a snail's pace. Too frustating.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Nov 28, 10 5:15 PM
i'd just like to say that i am in the "floaty cursor or game moves at three frames per second" boat...

when i played the demo for the CE, it wasn't this choppy, but now that it's available for sale as a regular edition game - it won't work!

so disappointed... so disappointed...

[Post New]by grandmagamer49 on Nov 28, 10 5:43 PM
Same problem w/ floating curser and slow game play. I played this in CE mode when it came out and had no problems why now with SE mode? Good thing i did not buy it. Was going to until I tried the demo and wow. Came to check on the forum, yep no buy for me...till they fix it...

[Post New]by zenosius on Nov 28, 10 6:14 PM
Bought the game and can't get it to load.

[Post New]by ThePirate on Nov 28, 10 7:29 PM
Game curser in slow motion. Played trial with no problem. Bought game and now can't play. thats not good

[Post New]by smallships on Nov 28, 10 8:06 PM
Hi all you guys that are having trouble with SE edition , and I thought it was me ?
I have played the CE without a hitch, but thought I would have one more tryout with the SE so with my 1 credit poised I installed it started the game then waited and waited and I swear the cursor moved 1/8th of an inch in 3mins. so I stuck my 1 credit back in my pocket and started to read all your comments which I wholly agree with.
Now down here in Australia we do not celebrate "Thanksgiving" so I understand for some delay in BFG staff being a mite slow but how come this was not rooted out before release I unlike a lot of members have not purchased this game as yet so I am in front , but it would be nice for all those that have ,to get some attention re a fix so we can all have some fun, come on BFG get off your fishing boxes and help us !

bfavs
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by bfavs on Nov 28, 10 8:19 PM
I was playing the game several hours ( with save and restarts) without a problem today and then when I tried to relaunch it in the early evening it would not go.

no problem with other BF games ... reinstalled .. my computer's time set is ok

I trashed the collector's edition demo - that did not help.

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Nov 28, 10 9:24 PM
Theres too many games that are released now that has this damn floating cursor! If your car breaks down the mechanic will fix it........well why cant this problem be fixed!!!??? I rest my case!

FireOpal
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by FireOpal on Nov 28, 10 10:21 PM
Wow, mine is super slow as well. Pretty strange that it was perfect in the demo and CE, then the full SE version is horrible. Maybe it's the %#$ DRM. NO DRM please! I was really looking forward to the SE version as well, and bought it as soon as it came out. Now I'm as frustrated as the rest of you with the excruciating slowness.

Go to: