puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Twisted: A Haunted Carol

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 10, 10 9:20 PM
I finished it in 2 sittings, not sorry I bought it, enjoyed the period grapics and twist on the story, using the ghosts as a time travel vehicle was clever. I didn't expect it to follow the traditional story much with "Twisted" in the title. Could make a nice Halloween game if it didn't keep reminding us it is Christmas with tree and wreaths, kinda a ghost story/sci-fi.

Maybe a sequel will plug up or resolve the parts of the story not expanded, Scrooge's mother circumstances, and the wife. But I am used to game stories not being so tightly wrapped or making sense.

I usually spend a couple hours before bed doing some demos when too tired really to get back to the heavy handed CEs dragging on unfinished or needing walkthrough, so timing for this to get with a free coupon was nice. Love hogs and plenty of them, "easy" not squinters, most items in your face. Really no hints needed except...usually those last 1 or 2 scratched in wood somewhere, get hint and go on, flowed good without being stuck or lost. After first chapter it was easy to remember how to get around. But the clock minis, really got monotonous, funny I use skip when stuck on a puzzle, here I started using them because I didn't want to keep repeating 12 o'clock again and dozing off. Devs missed the boat there, each time could have been different, why only midnight? Ghosts exist in a timeless world so how come one can't pop in at 10:30 or 6am? Lack of imagination (or cost cutting?). The end was a jolt to me, comic book out of context with the otherwise wonderful artwork. But I'll just stick to my own experience not rewrite the game, it was a restful couple hours 2 nights and finishing a game without help was satisfying. I may just play it again other nights when demos in TGT and DD are of no interest.

You can play this any time of year just to pass some time doing HOGs and finding where to use inventory, nothing complex. In fact, re lack of imagination, never played a game needing so many KEYS. Some mini challenge moving or opening a sparkle to find them, or other stuff. Must be something one can do to get in a door besides a key or doorknob. I mean you start clicking any of those before even reading a list figuring...well there is always oil for the rusty hinges of door isn't locked LOL. Unusual for a game with such top quality graphics offer only trite tasks. But maybe why my mind was relaxed playing it, good de-stressor or sleep aid.

Back to Fiction Fixers to restore one

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Dec 10, 10 10:57 PM
Boooooooorrrrrrriiiiiiiiinnnnnnnggggggg.

IvvyM
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by IvvyM on Dec 11, 10 12:50 PM
I find many games quite difficult- not this one - Not very intricate atall- rather disappointing.. Also really didn't like the end.

[Post New]by fishcrazy on Dec 12, 10 1:27 AM
Well first, the good news, the graphics are beautiful, colorful, crisp and clear. That's all I can really say for the game. Unfortunately, I used one of my credits to buy the game after about 20 minutes of distracted playing. I was hoping it would get better, it doesn't. (Why do I do that, hope a game will get better, they never do!) The game is very easy and short. If you've played a MCF game, you'll be rolling your eyes as I was throughout the game. My impression is the developers were just lazy. They wanted to get a game out with a Christmas theme, so they took shortcuts and rushed this out the door. Only a few super easy puzzles, can't even call them puzzles they are so elementary, and one annoying repetitive puzzle. Come on developers, the SAME puzzle eight times, how unimaginative can you be? Some ‘glitchy’ things throughout the game, nothing major, just more evidence as to the developers lackadaisical attitude. I don’t mind a little poetic license when it comes to incorporating a classic tale into a game, but this went over the line with me, they’ve taken a feel-good, Christmas classic and completely ruined it, IMHO.

hctim1955
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by hctim1955 on Dec 12, 10 12:10 PM
seemed a little too easy and short,but enjoyed game.

judimose
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by judimose on Dec 12, 10 12:19 PM
Well - graphics: pretty. Game: too short and too elementary. Didn't have much of a plot at all. I'm sorry I wasted a credit on it, too. Oh, well, you can't have everything - where would you put it?!

beryltheperil
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by beryltheperil on Dec 13, 10 7:48 AM
awful. I got fed up of wandering around and ended up skipping games because I just didn;t care!!

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Dec 13, 10 8:50 AM
Very disappointing game! I had really been looking forward to this game due to the theme, but after reading the reviews, I knew going in it would not be very good. However, I had purchased it early and still thought I would like it better than I did. I usually find some things I really like about most of the games I play, or I don't bother continuing them. So for this one, I did like the graphics in the various village and room scenes which were very well done.

Other than that, I really have few positive things to say. Mainly, the game felt empty - there was no challenge at all and it had a cold and depressing feel to it. I didn't mind the twist on the story too much, although by the end I felt it was pretty depressing overall. The hidden object scenes were among the poorest I've seen in terms of challenge, and in some cases there was not even a full list of objects to find. Almost all of the adventure elements were an unimaginative series of different keys to open different drawers or doors. The EXACT same puzzle was used - if you want to call it that - between each chapter with no variation at all. I have to say I have never seen that before. On top of these things the game was ridiculously short. It just was not what I had anticipated and I think there was a great deal of wasted potential in the development of this game.

atroya
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by atroya on Dec 13, 10 12:27 PM
What a superb Christmas Game for the family. One you can play with the kids. Alas not quite the Dickens tale but that would have been just too easy.

I also highly recommend this to new gamers. The graphics are lovely and music is not too intrusive. I agree it is short but do you want to spend all of Christmas on this. I did buy it, I found quite simple what a change from the ones you go to bed and cannot sleep because you cannot work out a problem. Well done Big Fish. and it is t(r)opical!!

Edited on 12/13/2010 at 12:30:53 PM PST

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Dec 13, 10 7:30 PM
SPOILER ALERT in my post so if you dont want a storyline near the END of the game ruined, DONT read my post:

I wont even buy it if its $2.99 because I downloaded the demo and it was so short I got real close to the end and a GLITCH happened that will keep me from getting any further and I will NOT be able to beat it.

I got to the part where you have to bury Scrooge's fathers bones, I got everything I needed, The salt, prayer book, shovel and everything, I even got the ladder needed to place the timestone in the churches clock and when I went outside of the church, the ladder is now GONE. All that is in my inventory now after burying the bones is the timestone.

I even went back into the church and I looked again and even clicked the HINT button and it said nothing to be found here or something like that.

I know I could buy it and start a new game but if it does that same GLITCH again when I get there I will have wasted one of my credits and since I have only 2 minutes left in my demo I dont have the time to start a new one and get to that same spot to see if it will do that again.

Anyone else have this issue?

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Dec 14, 10 11:12 AM
No Dylansmom. I wasn't able to place the ladder until after I buried (or rather threw in a ditch) the bones. I do think there was a game update..I think for this one before I got to play it. I can't remember now. But no, I got past that.

I finished all but the final (belle future) in my 60 minutes because it was that easy. I hated the clock crap, but after about the second one I figured out their routine and how to do it right the first time every time. Still annoying.

Would not buy this game even for 2.99 though I hate not seeing the endings of games I got this far in. Ah well. Too short and did not like that clock action. **** scenes were ok, albeit easy.

PatsyNJ
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by PatsyNJ on Dec 14, 10 1:48 PM
I have dowloaded the 1 hour trial twice. Both time when it comes to the movie at the beginning and you click the "skip movie" it locks up. All I have is a black screen with "skip movie" at the top and the cursor. There is no way you can get back to the main screen no matter how long you wait. So...... I had to shut down my computer and boot it up again. So glad I didn't pay for this game.

CoffeeDiiva
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by CoffeeDiiva on Dec 14, 10 8:16 PM
Highly disappointing This game was way way too easy, and way too short. The graphics were excellent but it seems like that is what they put all their effort into, nothing into the actual game play, like it was rushed just to get a game out.

[Post New]by Talith on Dec 15, 10 6:42 PM
It was a nice game. Took me under two hours to complete and only one spot gave me any issues. Besides that I really enjoyed the rich graphics. I wish there was more, but I found the storyline an interesting twist on a familiar tale. Worth the money? I'm on the fence about that. Fortunately, I did not run into the glitches others have mentioned.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Dec 16, 10 9:46 AM
I really enjoyed this game! Graphics are beautiful. Well worth the money. Merry Christmas to all.

Edited on 12/16/2010 at 9:49:05 AM PST

demahi
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by demahi on Dec 16, 10 11:39 AM
It only took me 15 minutes to decide this is not the game for me; I found the graphics too dark and the hidden object game too easy. I am by no means an expert but I do like a littile bit of a challenge. No buy for me.

Edited on 12/16/2010 at 11:41:03 AM PST

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Dec 16, 10 9:55 PM
Nice little diversion. Great graphics, but very linear play. No mini puzzles , just the same task to change between.... whatever. Cleared the cobwebs somewhat from the recently more intense games I've been playing. Certainly appropriate for the holiday season and I will enjoy playing it again with my nieces... teaching them how to play HOGs will really brighten my holidays as I put 7 little polywogs into the pond!! Glad I bought it!!

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Dec 17, 10 4:35 AM
dashwood95 wrote:No Dylansmom. I wasn't able to place the ladder until after I buried (or rather threw in a ditch) the bones. I do think there was a game update..I think for this one before I got to play it. I can't remember now. But no, I got past that.

I finished all but the final (belle future) in my 60 minutes because it was that easy. I hated the clock crap, but after about the second one I figured out their routine and how to do it right the first time every time. Still annoying.

Would not buy this game even for 2.99 though I hate not seeing the endings of games I got this far in. Ah well. Too short and did not like that clock action. **** scenes were ok, albeit easy.

But I did bury the dad. I used the salt, shovel, then threw the bones in, threw the bible in and buried him. I didnt pay attention to my inventory at that very moment, but when I went to put the timestone in the clock, I noticed the ladder was not in my inventory. I did pick it up and I believe it disappeared from my inventory after I exited the church, right after I picked the ladder up.

I have 2 minutes of demo left and would like to see the end cut scene, but I am not buying it for that since I may not can even get any further anyway, because of the glitch that took my ladder.

paula3522
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by paula3522 on Dec 17, 10 7:40 AM
Too easy for me I got thru to the middle of chapter 7 in the hour demo and there are only 2 chapters left. It did have nice graphics but way to easy and short for me.

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by togood2be on Dec 17, 10 8:27 AM
Felt a bit Christmassy and tried it, I lasted about 10 minutes.. too slow moving for me. Pretty artwork though.

Go to: