prubell13
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny

[Post New]by prubell13 on Jan 28, 11 4:01 PM
I have been trying for an hour to fathom out how this game works but the poor cat still hasn't been fed and I haven't the foggiest how to open the parcel more to the point the figures are driving me mad I hate this type of animation and although the game looks terrific I think this is one that I will give a miss to.

ghstmyst
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by ghstmyst on Feb 7, 11 6:10 AM
I am on the steamboat and went to the paddlewheel. I did not see the writer tied up. I picked up the bell clapper and broke into the bridge and took the captains hat and the card, but never found the writer. Now I'm stuck.

Edited on 02/08/2011 at 2:49:33 PM PST

sweetie83
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by sweetie83 on Feb 7, 11 9:00 PM
I like the part I was able to play and will probably buy the game. The character moves faster with multiple clicks. I got as far as feeding the cat and laying out the map. Opened the box, but have not found a way to take the items out of the box. So I'm stuck there. Love the atmosphere of the game and feel sure I'll like it as much as the earlier one.

windchild
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by windchild on Feb 21, 11 6:55 AM
After reading these comments. I am concerned about the lack of feedback on **** scenes! I love the combo of adventure and ****. I would purchace this one if I could get dome information on the amount of **** scenes. Could someone who has completed the game comment on how many **** scenes there are in this game? Plaese and thank-you

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 21, 11 8:10 AM
None. This is a pure LFA, not an IHOG. The description is wrong.

marlodear
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by marlodear on Feb 24, 11 8:08 PM
Well this game got so annoying having to use the walthrough during the entire game. And I mean the youtube posted video version. I quit playing, never finished. It is not at all a HOG!!! I like this type of game but having to have the video and this large file game open at the same time, froze constantly and buffered almost non stop. I have a new computer so I may attempt it again but I'm not sure it's that enjoyable when it's this difficult to get things to work after taking forever to figure out what you are suppose to do. will let you know if I ever finish it, but as of now, it is one of my least favorites ever.

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on Mar 1, 11 11:44 PM
I’ve just finished this game and enjoyed it very much, not perhaps as much as Syberia I & II or Chronicles of Mystery Tree of Life, but it definitely kept me engrossed for 5 days.

I have to confess I relied very heavily on the Walkthrough at the beginning of the game, but once I worked out the basic movements, the meaning of the different mouse icons, and how items were combined, I only used the Walkthrough when there was some engineering work to be done.

I read every word of the dialogue even though being translated from Polish it sometimes left a lot to be desired, but I was involved enough to not want to miss out on the subtleties and nuances of the game.

I love HOGS and IHOGS which have a deep storyline, like Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials, Redemption Cemetery, Sweeny Todd or Return to Ravenhurst, but I’m slowly getting a handle on the Adventure Game genre and enjoying them very much.

I would rate this game a 4 out of 5 and look forward to trialling the other two in the series.

griffgirl
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by griffgirl on Mar 10, 11 5:27 PM
Thought this was a HOG game. Once it started realized not. Have only played a few minutes of the trial - not sure if I will continue.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 15, 11 9:07 AM
I think I'm going to give up. Beautiful graphics, but the puzzles are ridiculous and everything takes so long.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 16, 11 12:04 PM
marlodear wrote:Well this game got so annoying having to use the walthrough during the entire game. And I mean the youtube posted video version. I quit playing, never finished. It is not at all a HOG!!! I like this type of game but having to have the video and this large file game open at the same time, froze constantly and buffered almost non stop. I have a new computer so I may attempt it again but I'm not sure it's that enjoyable when it's this difficult to get things to work after taking forever to figure out what you are suppose to do. will let you know if I ever finish it, but as of now, it is one of my least favorites ever.

Totally agree. And I did so want to like it!!

[Post New]by darkthrone on Apr 7, 11 1:12 PM
I doubt I will buy this game after waiting for more then 5 minutes just to get to the start of the game played a few minutes SAVED shut it down came back a few hours later and had to sit thrugh the whole start movie again I don't like having to keep rewatching the same show over and over and who need such a long start

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Apr 28, 11 6:51 PM
I like this game because the graphics are great, but its very hard to figure out what to do. I can't seem to open the package or the box, its a challenge but I would really like to play the game. I half want to purchase the game and keep going, but the other half is frustrated that I don't know what to do and what to see more actions/activity in the game. I don't know what to do, the graphics are great, the storyline seems interesting so far, and I feed the cat (lol) so I guess thats something, but I will have to read a bit of a walkthrough and then try it again. I don't know how to make this game smaller, it has to take up the whole scene, doesn't it?

jill165x
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by jill165x on May 2, 11 8:04 AM
I'm really enjoying this game. I enjoy HOGs and all, but this kind of adventure game is what I really love. This is the type of PC game I used to play before casual game got prolific. (If BFG brings out a text-based adventure, I would get that too. lol)

It is challenging without being impossibly hard and takes a very long time to play. I thought I was approaching the end of the game more than once, so I finally looked up the 'chapters'. I'm not even halfway through, and I've put about 6 hours into it.

No bugs, no problems at all. This is a fine example of a true adventure game.

Added: I finished the game after about 12 hours of game play. The impeller puzzle towards the end was a bit of a nightmare and took a good 30 minutes.

Edited on 05/02/2011 at 9:44:17 PM PST

gwynee
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by gwynee on May 10, 11 9:41 AM
bella81762 wrote:
mhatfie wrote:
sinshack wrote:I'm downloading the purchased game right now - I expect it will take quite a long time, since the demo took about 45 minutes this morning.

This game might not be for everyone, but I think I will really enjoy it.
I expect to rely heavily on the walkthrough, though, because I am not intuitive enough to play Adventure games without a lot of help! But the stunning graphics and crisp, sharp scenes will make the game more enjoyable for me, and I even left the music on softly in the background - I usually shut it off within minutes of starting a game. I like the perspective of the game the most - I can't play those Adventure games that have the player looking down from above, moving little blips that are supposed to be people around on a map-like game board.

Happy gaming, everyone!

I have been playing Adventure games for a long time and still require a walkthrough. I am in awe of anyone who can play these games without a walkthrough.

let me know if you guys can exit using windows icon on your keyboard.when i did to check the wt when i tred to click on the wt the game just popped back up, main reason its a no buy for me. i dont want to have to exit from the game whenever i need help

gwynee
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by gwynee on May 10, 11 9:44 AM
hi could any body tell us where to find the walk through please? and can any body tell us where to find the gum aswell please .

gwynee
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by gwynee on May 10, 11 10:28 AM
plz help im really stuck,cant carry on with the game,cant find chewing gum :-(

[Post New]by memorycrisis on May 26, 11 9:27 AM
Have completed AOM FBI Confidential and AOM Hunt for the Puppeteer both of which were enjoyable games. I found Cards of Destiny to be boring and annoying with poorly thought out puzzles. Terrible ending!! I wont be playing any more of the series after hearing "Nothing doing" 3000 times to get through this one. YAWN!

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 17, 11 2:39 PM
Took me a bit to get used to it, but once I did, it was fun. The graphics are inconsistent though. Sometimes they're good, sometimes they're very pixely. This is probably the type of game I'd consider for a DD, but not full-price.

hannah233
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by hannah233 on Jun 23, 11 6:11 PM
I FOUND THIS GAME VERY GRAINY----- & SLOW FOR THE 1 HOUR DWN TOO MUCH TIME TAKEN UP WITH ALL THE YADDY YADDY & THEN SOME MORE & U HAVE 1 HOUR SO NO DEAL HERE

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 8, 11 6:05 AM
LFA turned into hidden object game. I rather prefer that it had stayed as a LFA. The game play isn’t same with it older game series.

I won’t be purchasing game at all.

Go to: