coqa
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Awakening: Moonfell Wood

[Post New]by coqa on Jan 1, 11 10:24 AM
Happy New Year
I thought this game was very good, it took me just over 6hrs thats with getting lost!!!. I don't go very fast. So well worth the money.
I too feel somewhat fed up at times especially these days that many of the latest games do not play on my 17", but have got round this by dropping the screen resolution. Its not ideal and really annoying when you start a game then have to come out again to change.

jjj13
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jjj13 on Jan 1, 11 10:46 AM
This is a charming game. Not too difficult but challenging all the same. It took me over six hours at a leisurely pace. The little characters in it are lovely. Well worth the money in my opinion.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jan 1, 11 3:32 PM
Finished and an excellent game, It took me about 11 hours to finish this and that's allright by me. It wasn't hard, but it had many many levels and scenes which were lovely as the music was. I even cranked up the sound as house background music.
Can't say enough good things about it, definately worth your money.
Happy New Year!
kris

pinkjacket
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by pinkjacket on Jan 1, 11 3:38 PM
Happy New Year Fishies........... I haven't quite finished Moonfell Wood just yet but it is a lovely game.......and it's long. Kudos to the Graphics Art Department....beautiful scenes.
Nice story-line and fun puzzles. A real winner (in my books).
May your New Year be filled with joy, love, happiness, harmony and good health.

[Post New]by mythicalclone1 on Jan 1, 11 3:54 PM
Great game and graphics. Gorgeous colors. My screen did freeze up in the scene with the bear, but I shut down, restarted the computer and the game loaded and worked fine when I continued. I like the lightness of this game for a change.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Jan 2, 11 12:36 AM
I played this game for half an hour before uninstalling it. I guess I'm one of the few who didn't like it. I found it a bit clumsy (had to click multiple times to select an object) and the music did my head in. When I turned the music down, the constant 'cling' everytime I did something made it worse. Although it's relatively sweet, there are too many games on BF to waste a credit on this one.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Jan 2, 11 3:23 AM
So I just came in to say that after reading everyone's reviews and noticing that the bulk of people loved the game, I re-installed and ended up buying it, LOL!

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Jan 2, 11 6:23 AM
Enjoyed the game, easy and relaxing. You do have to think out some things, but it's not difficult or frustrating, and the music is very soothing. This is a nice breather from MCF. Artwork is gorgeous, and the story kept my interest.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Jan 2, 11 6:25 AM
mollyroselee wrote:Why does this game remind me of some other which is so similar????

Awakening: The Dreamless Castle perhaps.

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Jan 2, 11 6:35 AM
wow. This game is number 3 in Top 10 PC Downloads list.

Pocket dragon. Must have. Yay for it's a new month and i have a game credit to use.

nat_pink25
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,920 Posts

[Post New]by nat_pink25 on Jan 2, 11 10:56 AM
vingilot wrote:
mollyroselee wrote:Why does this game remind me of some other which is so similar????

Awakening: The Dreamless Castle perhaps.

To me it did reminded me of the first Awakening ... but it too reminded me of Death at Fairing Point the new CE. I don't know if it's from the same developer or not. But I did love the game is a must buy for me

[Post New]by browneyes11 on Jan 2, 11 12:03 PM
I loved the game. The graphics are really good and the game is challenging at times and the walkthrough was easy to understand. It was really lots of fun. Good job to the makers of this game!!!!

[Post New]by WebsiteBoomzap on Jan 2, 11 4:36 PM
@ Nat_pink: Yep - you caught us. Death at Fairing Point, Awakening: The Dreamless Castle, and Awakening: Moonfell Wood are all by the same developer - Boomzap. We also did a much more hidden-object -intensive game called "Antique Road Trip: USA". Before that we did other kinds of games, like a couple of match-3 games named Jewels of Cleopatra 1 & 2, and a couple of simulation games - Passport to Paradise and Orchard.

I think we have decided we're better at these hidden object-adventure style games, though, so I doubt in 2011 we'll be making anything but IHOG/Adventure games.

Happy Gaming!
Chris Natsuume, Boomzap

bluecat434
Clownfish
Clownfish
858 Posts

[Post New]by bluecat434 on Jan 2, 11 7:15 PM
thanks, boom-zap. it's unusual for to see a good, solid ihog not first released as a CE---at least if you're a mac gamer. it's also good to see an emphasis on puzzles, though at times would like an intense challenge. but the variety is good and they're well put together. it's a nice game---more please!

chumface
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by chumface on Jan 2, 11 8:49 PM
I like it so far...but not quite as good as the Dreamless Castle.

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Jan 2, 11 9:01 PM
Someone actually planned this one and tested it before releasing it. We appreciate it.

The plots and artwork that Boomzap publishes are outstanding. After hours of fun with this game I would suggest it to anyone who likes puzzles and adventure.

[Post New]by marsh765 on Jan 2, 11 10:00 PM
[u] I truely enjoyed the graphics and puzzels. I don"t care for the characters, a little too childish in the theme. A elementary school girl would love this, and really get in to make believe. I did again enjoy the various puzzles. Mind you, I only did the Demo, but out of five *stars, I would give it a 3.5. The rating system would be (five stars: excellent), * four stars: pretty good),( three stars: good), (two stars: fair), (one star: poor).

Edited on 01/02/2011 at 10:04:26 PM PST

bluecat434
Clownfish
Clownfish
858 Posts

[Post New]by bluecat434 on Jan 2, 11 10:34 PM
ps: i spoke too soon about intense challenges: there are a few in here, including the celtic knot puzzle. i also wanted to say: the bear king is adorable, enough to make you smile out loud.

megandog
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by megandog on Jan 3, 11 6:40 AM
THIS IS AN ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS GAME I HAVE ENJOYED PLAYING IT SO MUCH CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE TO COME OUT IT WAS JUST WHAT I HAD BEEN LOOKING FOR FOR A LONG TIME A LOVELY CHRISTMAS GAME MEGANDOG

JoHutton
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by JoHutton on Jan 3, 11 9:52 AM
4 words - LOVED, LOVED, LOVED IT!!!!!

Go to: