Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Tamara the 13th

[Post New]by lillfive on Jan 4, 11 7:47 PM
Pros: lovely graphics

cons: objects so hard to find I had to use the hint button constantly. It's also a pretty short game.

I basically bought this just to fill my punch card and so I'm not mad or annoyed, but if I'd tried the demo first I wouldn't have purchased. But for why I got it, it's passable. But just.

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Jan 5, 11 10:39 AM
LuvDemGames wrote:
SeaBamboo wrote:I was looking forward to trying this game having seen it on Playfirst's site but what a disappointment. I lasted 10 minutes after which I threw in the towel, my eyesight is not very bad but I could not find one object without the hint button. With some objects even when I had used the hint button I still could not see them.
A definite no buy.

I managed to stick it out for 15 minutes, then I dumped it. I like this kind of game usually but this one is really bad. I can't find a thing without the hint and even then I just clicked around until I hit the object. Not even at $2.99 would I buy.

After reading the reviews [mostly negative] I thought "well maybe i will like it"
AHH no - not for me either for all of the same reasons already stated
Had promise but did not deliver

[Post New]by gapyear on Jan 5, 11 11:02 AM
A no buy for me. Items too difficult to find, though I did find the water holder, it's on the back wall "bottom", to the right of the Pinnacle of light

flounderer
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by flounderer on Jan 5, 11 12:38 PM
Same here! Boring and frustrating having to use the hint button continuously.
It's definitely a no buy for me.

alyaed
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by alyaed on Jan 5, 11 4:14 PM
one of the worst. terrible graphics. had to use hint button constantly.

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Jan 7, 11 12:47 AM
I really enjoyed this game. The very beginning nearly put me off but once out of the cave it's a great game. Lovely graphics (handsome cat !!) and sound was good too. Using very few hints, it took me 6 hours.

hmay1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by hmay1 on Jan 7, 11 3:45 AM
I don't normally post, but this game was just horrible. I've played demos of games that looked good and I'm interested in playing and they turn out bad, but it's usually not that big of a deal. This game was so bad and such a disappointment that I had to voice an opinion about it.

I couldn't even get through 15 minutes of the trial. And judging from what I've read through a lot of people agree with me. The art style was great and pretty but the objects couldn't be found, and for me, the story left a lot to be desired. Whoever made this game should try playing a few puzzle/adventure/hidden object games themselves and try again.

[Post New]by DevonClaire on Jan 7, 11 5:45 PM
Can anyone tell me where the torch goes to light up the dark cave?

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Jan 8, 11 12:05 AM
I didn't like this game when I first tried it because the hidden objects were so small and the colours blended in with the background which made them hard to find. But by the end of the first chapter, I got used to it and didn't end up using any more hints than I normally do for a HOG. With junkpile scenes, the small size and subtle blending in of the objects would make finding them an impossibility, but there are no junkpiles in this game.

I got into this game the more I played it. I loved the pipe puzzle for recharging magic. The other puzzles were fairly easy, but fun. I liked the dialogue between Tamara and Gray, and overall the writing was above average.

The graphics were really beautiful. Each realm had its own distinct look. The first world (the earth realm) was the only one that was kind of ugly, which is too bad because that's what you see when you first demo the game. The music was great too.

Didn't expect it to happen, but I ended up loving this game!

[Post New]by summertimefairys on Jan 8, 11 5:14 PM
thanks for the heads up !

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on Jan 12, 11 3:59 PM
While I like the graphics and story line, I can't hardly find anything without using the hint button.
So I won't be buying this game.

[Post New]by Catwo12345 on Jan 13, 11 7:24 PM
I can't even get into the cave I click on the door and nothing happens???????. Installed and uninstalled 2 times. Forget it........... not worth the Aggravation. This game is a total loser

af623985
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Tamara the 13th

[Post New]by af623985 on Jan 22, 11 2:28 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Tamara the 13th? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

[Post New]by owlwytch on Feb 3, 11 11:01 PM
i did it i finished the game admittedly with the use of the hint button on numerous occasions took me well over the 3 hours i normally finish a game in. i personally wouldn't recommend the game though items are far to hard to find especially at the beginning.

But i am getting me a cat if they turn into those kind of blokes

Edited on 02/03/2011 at 11:02:38 PM PST

vezzettj
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by vezzettj on Feb 4, 11 7:49 PM
It is too bad, I really wanted to like this game, especially since the PlayFirst Sale is on... but I hate FROGs and I can't believe I had to use the hint so often in the first chapter... It is true that not all the objects are fragmented but the point is, if you have to click on an item to see if it is what you are looking for and you are clicking only because something looks out of place (not because it is the item you are looking for) then that really isn't a game for me.

I like the story and graphics, but there was a lot of talking... she commented on every item you picked up... and every task was spelled out for you. I think I was getting the hang of things when another fragmented item came along. I like the magic theme and the charging mini games (pipes!) but it is still a no go for me. I will not even get this on sale or as a DD. Hope some fishies enjoy this though!

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Feb 5, 11 9:00 AM
vezzettj wrote:It is too bad, I really wanted to like this game, especially since the PlayFirst Sale is on... but I hate FROGs and I can't believe I had to use the hint so often in the first chapter... It is true that not all the objects are fragmented but the point is, if you have to click on an item to see if it is what you are looking for and you are clicking only because something looks out of place (not because it is the item you are looking for) then that really isn't a game for me.

I like the story and graphics, but there was a lot of talking... she commented on every item you picked up... and every task was spelled out for you. I think I was getting the hang of things when another fragmented item came along. I like the magic theme and the charging mini games (pipes!) but it is still a no go for me. I will not even get this on sale or as a DD. Hope some fishies enjoy this though!

Pretty much says it for me. In addition, first few mini-games were way
too easy and that's the first time I've ever made that comment.
Do like the name, tho.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Feb 12, 11 6:06 AM
Tikatoy wrote:I didn't like this game when I first tried it because the hidden objects were so small and the colours blended in with the background which made them hard to find. But by the end of the first chapter, I got used to it and didn't end up using any more hints than I normally do for a HOG. With junkpile scenes, the small size and subtle blending in of the objects would make finding them an impossibility, but there are no junkpiles in this game.

I got into this game the more I played it. I loved the pipe puzzle for recharging magic. The other puzzles were fairly easy, but fun. I liked the dialogue between Tamara and Gray, and overall the writing was above average.

The graphics were really beautiful. Each realm had its own distinct look. The first world (the earth realm) was the only one that was kind of ugly, which is too bad because that's what you see when you first demo the game. The music was great too.

Didn't expect it to happen, but I ended up loving this game!

I agree. Once you get use to the style of the hidden objects it becomes easier to recognise them. After I got the full version and stopped stressing on things being "too" hidden, I was able to find them without as much trouble. The demo, or even for some that didn't even bother for more than a few minutes, ddn't realy give you a chance to find out how delightfull the game turns out to be. I love the premis of the game. It's refreshingly different. I'm so glad I didn't base my decision to buy on all the reviews. I Love it.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Feb 22, 11 10:57 AM
I wondered why this was on my computer with just 5 minutes played and replaying it...I remmeber now. I should trust myself.....This was a complicated graphic job, really interesting painting/drawings to create this world, but the gameplay let the artists down...terribly.
The WHY am I playing, WHAT am I looking for - is all missing from this game. The items being sought are vague and frankly the same colour as the items there sitting next to. It beocmes a clicking frenzy and then you get punsihed for going loop-de-loop.
It needs some work..one get rid of the weird bug-eyed due and bring in something more reasonalbe to help you..perhaps a reasonalbe flower or willowing tree. I love the idea of saving things...finding dew drops and the like, but it gets confusing very quickly. Just the management of going from one place to another seems out of kilter.
Sorry, I'll have to delete this one.
kris

Terrib;e

[Post New]by kugel44 on Mar 9, 11 8:53 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Tamara the 13th? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

HAULBOOTY
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by HAULBOOTY on May 12, 11 6:58 PM
OH MY GOD, BECKY...I MEAN TAMARA. I AM BLIND.

It took me the whole hour to find (with hints) the objects in the first scene. Objects are way to small along with the fact, most are in the darker part of the screen. Could have been very cute. Potential, baby. However, this one is a no go. Tweek it, please.

Go to: