Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Mar 27, 11 10:19 PM
I really enjoyed this game! The story was really interesting, and I liked the way that time manipulation was used for solving some of the puzzles. The art style was okay, but I loved the effect they did just outside the tower and in memorial park for the sun/moon setting and rising rapidly. It gave a good sense of time going haywire. I also liked the dialogue and personalities of the characters, which I typically don't in these sorts of games. The music was pretty good overall, but I really liked the background music for the inside of the toy emporium.

There aren't as many hidden object scenes as in your typical HOG. This really seems to be more of a puzzle adventure game. The puzzles were pretty fun and of moderate difficulty. I had to consult the walkthrough a couple of times as I missed some objects and I'm not a fan of hunting down things to click on without an idea of what I'm looking for.

Overall, I loved the story and enjoyed the puzzles and actually liked and cared about some of the characters, which usually doesn't happen to me in casual games!

[Post New]by yaya1942 on Apr 23, 11 12:09 PM
This is probably the most confusing game I have ever played on BFG. I keep looking for a gold gear and have checked everty scene to no avail. The walkthrough says to put the watch on the people but I don't even have the watch. It also has frozen up on me twice now. All-in-all, a bust!

Shastanna
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Shastanna on May 26, 11 1:31 PM
Once again, I'm bringing up the rear in the conversation. LOL

I just finished the game, and once I turned the voice overs down to zero, I enjoyed it very much!

It was very easy in some parts and challenging in others. I had to consult the walkthrough a few times. Also, I found that if you click on the tasks (left click where it says "find gold gear", etc) you can get additional hints.

What I found annoying was the exit arrow was very close to some of the objects you need to click on so I kept bouncing myself out of the room in some instances.

It's a fun little game, if frustrating at times.

Shasta

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Fantastic

[Post New]by mycatluna on Jun 9, 11 5:47 PM
Just got around to finishing this game even though I bought it right after release. Lol. This game is absolutely fantastic. I took my time to earn all of the achievements and game play lasted a solid 6-7 hours which is incredible for an SE.

The artwork and voice-overs are great, the storyline is rather original and what they do with the storyline along the way is definitely unique.

Everything appeared nice and clear on my wide-screen so I give the graphics a huge

It is a challenging game but I like that. I did not have to resort to a walk-through I just put my thinking cap on. The answers to everything are rather logical and there are clues abound to help you out. I did get stuck a few times but after looking around for awhile I figured out what to do next.

The inventory section may have confused some people-if you have a lot of items in your inventory you have to use the arrows at the bottom of the screen to toggle between them. Great space-saver idea for keeping most of the screen in view.

The mechanics of the game flow smoothly so no issues there. All in all, the developers did a fantastic job and am looking forward to more like this! We have enough easy games out there...it is great when a challenging one comes around once in awhile. For those that need hand-holding then this game is most likely not for you, but for those that like to figure things out on their own-this game is perfect. All in all, I give it a solid 5 stars!! (This is only the 5th game EVER that I have given this rating to).

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Jul 25, 11 10:30 AM
I have just finished this game, having only D/L it yesterday! How did I miss this in Dec?

What a wonderful game, totally different kind of story. It took me over 4 hours, I did skip a couple of the puzzles I had to use the walkthrough a couple of times & I got ahead of myself a few times but I was able to backtrack.
I was so disappointed when it ended I would love to see a sequel, although how they'd continue the story is beyond me!
It was not the least bit spooky but it did have it's mysterious sides. Mostly done in daylight too which is always a plus for me.
Will definitely be a"go to" game when there is nothing good on or TV

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Aug 5, 11 1:16 AM
I've already posted about this game and as I have finished the demo I wanted to get a few more opinions to make up my mind. (played the demo so long ago that I didn't really remebered).

Thanks Boots your review really helped

Edited on 08/05/2011 at 1:17:04 AM PST

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Nov 30, 11 2:20 PM
loved this game but it was hard as there are virtually NO instructions for a lot of things
takes your best thinking cap
gl

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 5, 12 10:51 AM
This game seems like an easy game to play but is not, is lot of challenging scenes in it, the game is ok, nice graphics but you have really work at it.

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Sep 4, 12 7:42 PM
Girl goes into tower. Girl picks up pocket watch. Girl is startled and says "Eep." Girl drops watch into clock works and causes disaster.

I was already not really into it but the "Eep" killed it for me. End demo, uninstall, move on to try and find something else to spend my credits on.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Mar 3, 13 6:05 PM
I first played this game when it came out and now I just replayed it two years later. I thought it was an enjoyable game then and it didn't lose any of it's charm for me now. I still found it challening and was stuck a few times and had to use the walkthrough once. It is more of a puzzle adventure with 5 HO scenes throughout the game.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Aug 2, 13 6:05 PM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Thank you, goofyduck! I thought that there is some glitch with the hints, giving me only the shape of the object, but not the location.

Why? Have I sinned, to be "punished" without objects' locations?

...Developers don't give me the locations? - I won't give them the money!

Happy new year, fishies!

And neither will I.

Go to: