debra8
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Phantasmat Collector's Edition

[Post New]by debra8 on Jan 7, 11 10:47 AM
Best **** game since the Ravenhearst series. The graphics and the storyline kept you wanting to go on ..... I HAD to finish it! Played the game in extreme mode and got through all the hidden object scenes without hints, but you definitely had to concentrate....Not too much backtracking, a lot ot Ahaa's,. Simply one of the most enjoyable games I've played in a while.....

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Jan 7, 11 11:04 AM
I'm looking at the clock now - let's see, 2:02! I'll be leaving work at 3:30, home at 4:30 (hopefully) and then I can download. Yay! Based on these reviews, I can't wait!

Gail

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Jan 7, 11 11:20 AM
I love this game also! I wish thou, the hidden objects were alittle harder to find. Oh well....beautiful game.
What other games does Codeminium made? Oh...did anyone else see you can get a trophy for finding Codeminium's logo somewhere in the game....?

troia45
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by troia45 on Jan 7, 11 11:32 AM
I bought it! Love it!! One of the best hidden object games
that I have played. Well worth the CE price.

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Jan 7, 11 11:36 AM
wunder wrote:Absolutely great game! H O lovers will definitely buy, and everything else is pretty fine too! Did I miss some posts, or have Puzzledone and DoctorGood not given reviews yet? Always look for them and thanks to CasualGram for her review!

edit: Sorry, CasualGran...been a long day!

Also thanks to Cherb and all the other great reviewers! And where's Goofyduck?

Edited on 01/07/2011 at 11:54:01 AM PST

airace
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by airace on Jan 7, 11 12:01 PM
Well from most of the comments it appears this is a good game, wish someone had finished it and commented on the "extras"-just finished "Death at Faring Point" collectors edition and was extreamly dissapointed!! Game itself was fine but the only extra was a small extended game that I finished in about an hour-hardly worth the extra $7.00!!

Seascape6
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Seascape6 on Jan 7, 11 12:58 PM
Well, this is a game I have to try from the good feedback on the posts here. Thanks!

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Jan 7, 11 1:12 PM
Codeminion is far and away one of the best game makers ever. Every game they produce has quality written all over it. This one has an awesome story, beautiful graphics, and great sound effects.

I beta-tested Phantasmat, and every new beta they released was better than the last - which isn't to say the first beta was bad, just that the makers took on-board all the suggestions of the beta-testers so that they could get the game as perfect as it could be got. I envy everyone playing it for the first time.

PS, one thing I discovered while beta-testing this game is that I CAN get through a game without a walkthrough.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jan 7, 11 2:07 PM
Twenty-some hours after my 1st post, I've gotta add some more comments in favor of this game. It loads fast, and I've never seen an options menu as comprehensive! Haven't heard of a couple of the choices, but it does include custom vs. system cursor (custom one was sluggish, for me). The Strategy Guide seems well put together, and the other amenities (for those of you who prefer) look very good. This is a HOG/IHOG/Adventure which should please all kinds of gamers.

Three modes of play--you "tough nuts" can have fun with the Extreme! The early-on voice acting is very professional, the dialogue is to the point (no rambling on, no reading journals ad nauseum), the soundtrack fits the story like a kidskin glove, and the graphics are some of the best I've ever seen. A nifty twist for the hidden-object scenes--yes, there is the rechargeable hint system, but you can opt to play a Match-3 side game which, when you win, eliminates an item from your list. That's good when you get down to that last thing you can't find and don't want to use the hint button. Should I say that if you like a tastefully-done, seriously-spooky (without being "scary") endeavor, this is it!

I was surprised that a 250 Mb file (approx.) could pack in this much enjoyable stuff, but Codeminion must know how to do it! After all, they've given us "Saqqarah" and "Brunhilda"! Kudos!

CiCiRR
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by CiCiRR on Jan 7, 11 2:16 PM
This game has a lot of good qualities. Terrific graphics, sound effectst, and a rather unique way of navigation - it actually tells you which direction to turn to get from place to place. The hidden object scenes are crisp and clear, and the objects easy to find (too easy in some respects).

But if you like a challenge, this probably isn't the game for you. It was more **** than adventure, and the mini games, at least from the ones I played in the demo, were a combination of almost-challenging and just plain easy. At first, it had great promise, but unfortunately, it's a no-buy for me. Beginnners would probably love it.

I don't think this game warrants being classed as a CE. It's too easy to pay extra for a strategy guide.

And one final comment - why did the demo end with still 8 minutes left out of the promised 60 minutes?

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Jan 7, 11 2:35 PM
Tried the trial, loved it so I decided to buy. Will let all u fishies know more when I finish the game. So far I like the storyline, and the graphics are amazing, when the characters talk the voice actually goes with the words.

asierrahiker
Marlin
Marlin
9,070 Posts

[Post New]by asierrahiker on Jan 7, 11 2:36 PM
This game seems like one I should love but I'm just not feeling it. Its like so many others that I've really enjoyed but I'm feeling rather flat about this one.

I have been sick this week so maybe some of my reaction is just me. I'll demo it again when the SE comes out. I've only bought one CE ever so this release was not likely to be a buy for me right now anyway.

Not on the "Loving It" bandwagon,

Sierra

bailey10
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by bailey10 on Jan 7, 11 3:36 PM
I absolutely loved playing this game! Sometimes with my old computer I am unable to play games with a lot of graphics, but this one ran perfectly! From the movie like beginning, to the characters, storyline, and hidden objects, this game rocked! Also, this has been the first game I played that has given the option of finding clues with match 3 or just finding the hidden clues! Great job with this one BigFish! Thanks!

shanyem
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by shanyem on Jan 7, 11 3:53 PM
I really enjoyed playing the game and felt it was worth the CE price. HOWEVER I think that the bonus part was WAY too short! Finished it in about 10 minutes. Other games have had a good bonus game but this one fell short. Still glad I bought it though!

tlight
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by tlight on Jan 7, 11 5:03 PM
Ten minutes into the preview of this and it is a MUST BUY for me! The **** scenes are intricate and challenging, the mood is very creepy and I get the idea that this is a good, long game to play. Nothing is more disappointing than finishing a good game too quickly!

If I had my way, all games would be like this and Madame Fate (with a little Sherlock Holmes on the side!)... Thank you, BFG!

tlight
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by tlight on Jan 7, 11 5:08 PM
p.s. I find it very amusing that the initials for HIDDEN OBJECT have been censored in the posts. Like we would be so brash and unsophisticated (hee hee hee)

KathyD56
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by KathyD56 on Jan 7, 11 5:32 PM
As one of the betatesters of this game, I personally think it is one of the best games of this genre that I have played. The graphics and voice acting are amazing, the storyline is interesting and the atmosphere is deliciously creepy!!
I played in all 3 modes--there is lots of replay value, if you want to achieve all the trophies. There is also the "spotters" games, after completing the game, where you can replay the hidden object and Match 3 scenes and win gold stars. The bonus gameplay adds a lot to the story and took me about 40 minutes to complete.
I especially liked the fact, that I was able to complete the game without following a walkthrough for every step.
The beta testing was very thorough and the developer's listened to all the comments of the testers, in order to make a near perfect game. They were especially interested in making sure the grammar and spelling were correct.
I hope everyone who purchased this game, gets many hours of enjoyment from it--I know that I have. I will be waiting anxiously for a sequel!!

[Post New]by msfaeriedust on Jan 7, 11 6:38 PM
I had to come in here to post a review...it's been a while since I truly enjoyed a game as much as I enjoyed this one. It's heavy on the HOG but gives you the option to play a match 3 instead. The story line was engaging and the environment was nice and creepy...just the way I love it. My only minor complaint was I wish you could fast forward through the cut scenes. At the end there is a lot of them and most I had seen already earlier in the game.

Anyhow, this game is one of my favorites and provided me with hours and hours of game play. LOVED it!!

[Post New]by cre8tive11 on Jan 7, 11 6:46 PM
Dangnabit. LOVE this creepy game. Instant sale. Great colors, graphics, but after purchasing game didn't save all the way and now I can't get back into the kitchen even tho everything is activated! I've already done this part, I know I have to get in there to get the teapot, just the DOOR WON'T activate!
Customer service doesn't open till monday, if you know the answer please email! Thanks!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 7, 11 6:56 PM
Welcome msfaeriedust,

After you've played the game through and seen all of the cut scenes, you can skip them the next time you play by double clicking on them.

Sometimes it's fun to play in each mode to try to collect all of the trophies and by double clicking you don't have to watch all of the cut scenes each time.

Go to: