zonnegroet
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Crossworlds: The Flying City

[Post New]by zonnegroet on Jan 10, 11 1:45 PM
This was a really good one! I enjoyed it a lot. Without a walkthrough, it was even more fun!
Did 2Monkeys create more games?

[Post New]by questlnda on Jan 10, 11 2:46 PM
I actually loved this game. I have to admit that I have been terribly spoiled by all the walk throughs! I was able to finish this game without help. I had to repeat my scenes a lot and figure out what I was doing wrong. Something simple like check to see if the hour and minute hand were in correct position for example! Cant wait for the next installment of Crossworlds!

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Jan 10, 11 4:08 PM
45 minutes into the demo and I am already in the second chapter. HOG scene after HOG scene and only one mini-game so far. Not really enjoying the graphics. So for me as I prefer adventure and puzzles over HOG scenes, it's a no buy for me.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 10, 11 4:25 PM
For me they are too many hog scenes, and not enough interactive. Not a bad game - a perfect game for many fishies - but not an interesting game for me

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 10, 11 4:47 PM
This game is a true blend of adventure play and hidden object scenes. It takes a little bit of playing the game to start to understand how the developers want to draw you through the game. Once you start to figure out the logic of how you should look for things it moves along pretty well.

The locations in the game are something different and imaginative. The story is interesting, quirky and draws you into the worlds created by the game. Even through the story is the standard daughter looking for father scenario, the characters and locations in the game are off beat enough to make this game refreshing.

The hidden object scenes are clear and have a beautiful and unique art style. The objects in the scenes are very cleverly hidden; sometimes a bit too cleverly with only a small portion of the item visible. I had to keep my magnifying glass handy while playing this game. Sometimes one item is covered and hidden by another item and this can be frustrating. I would like to have seen the covered items shown as a different color in the items list.

I found myself using a hint sometimes but not in every scene. Just a slight warning about the hints is that you should sit back and take in the whole screen before you press the hint button. A small fireworks type explosion will go off in the area of an item and it is easy to miss. The hints are unlimited but take quite a while to recharge, so if you miss the sparkles it is frustrating to have to wait for a recharge.

The only options available are volume controls for the sound effects and music. The music was enjoyable so I left it on.

I was pleased with the length of the game and think it is worth the price. I think it may have some replay value after a few weeks, just to come back to the quirky worlds and see if I can play through without stumbling so much.

I am looking forward to joining Monika on her next adventure and I hope we don’t have to wait too long. I think Nick and Anton have a hit.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Jan 10, 11 4:58 PM
I am enjoying this game a lot as well. The adventure aspect is very intriguing and this is not an easy game. One comment I have is when you search an area for the second time in a hidden object scene the items are moved around so you can't just think you remember where anything was. I'm surprised by the comment it's just one hidden object after another. I don't find that to be the case at all. In fact I'm grateful when I find one because I know it will contain an object I need. I didn't think I would like this at first when I was in the house but after that I've loved it. I'm only about half done so don't know the ending everyone is talking about but am looking forward to figuring it out.

Well I just finished the game and am now going to wait patiently for the next installment. I liked it. The ending was unexpected and different but totally leads into the next installment. Kudos to the developers.

Edited on 01/11/2011 at 9:48:16 AM PST

[Post New]by grammajames on Jan 10, 11 5:23 PM
I really lik this game. It was challenging and engaging. It is the first time I have had to play an entire game without the assistance of a walk through. I couldn't have made it through without all the help of everyone who posted hints on the forum. Many thaks to all who took the time to help out.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jan 10, 11 5:45 PM
jennsmom wrote:Played 17 minutes of the demo and so far, I see nothing that grabs me. The name Dumbdore was a turn off right at the beginning, but I'll overlook that. Some of the objects are very tiny, and blend more into the background than they should. I realize my eyes aren't the best, but I also use a magnifying glass.

Directions are unclear. On the plus side, the music is OK, and the game cursor works just fine. I'm going off to do other things for a bit and then come back and try it again, but so far, it is not a buy for me....and I have this credit burning a hole in my pocket!

Whoopee! I'm a lobster!

Edit some time later: Directions are nonexistant. Objects are too difficult for my eyes to find. A couple were almost entirely off the screen, and I've never had that problem before. I gave it more time because so many others seemed to like it, but for me, there's no question about it. I think it's terrible, and I wouldn't buy it even as a DD.

congrats on the Lobster status Jennsmom! I have to agree with you I only played 4 minutes the first time and quit. I found the stupid key to get out of the room put it in the door (agree with whoever said "and who locks themselves into their room"! and then the key disappeared and it still wouldn't let me out of the room. Went back and played another 15 minutes and just couldn't stomach it! For that matter I didn't like Phantasmat either but to each his own. My "Pickle" in the first hiddent object scene was BLACK not green so go figure (Sorry I didint thik of that as a spoiler alert!) Not a great story, music was quite annoying, references to our favorite magician of all time in such a veiled manner was just too much to take. They couldn't even come up with names on their own!! 10 thumbs down!

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jan 10, 11 6:42 PM
I have just finish the game and the walkthrough helped alot. Some of background is poor but it isn't a bad game. I enjoy the story line but hope it won't be too long before the 2nd chapter is here.

mammadenny
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by mammadenny on Jan 11, 11 2:44 PM
I just finished the game. For me, it was pretty long. I used the hints and walkthrough more than I would have liked to. some objects were very hard to find and I found myself not really knowing where to go. I loved the music, I usually mute it. Looking forward to the sequel. Denise

Your Comments and Reviews for Crossworlds: The Flying City

[Post New]by BiggDogg1 on Jan 11, 11 2:54 PM
I guess it is just the Demo that I played but the problem I had was in the hidden object scenes there would be 8 objects listed to find but seemed there was always 9 objects.
Drove me nuts.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Jan 11, 11 3:40 PM
Just finished and really enjoyed this one. As many have said - you need to use your brain, and the objects are very cleverly hidden. Loved the new hiding spots in the same scene when you came back to it later - this may be the first game I've played like that. Used the Walkthrough a bit until I got the hang of how the game worked - just keep searching! Also enjoyed the car/bus rides - all in all a nice change of pace from the usual games. Good job!

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on Jan 11, 11 4:45 PM
While I liked this game, and the graphics were good, the story line was not really original, and it seems to be set up to sell a sequel.
The game just is not good enough to get me interested in a "part 2".

jacquibagley
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by jacquibagley on Jan 11, 11 5:25 PM
What an excellent game..........loved it, I cant wait for the sequel...hint hint...lol

lovetoocraft
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by lovetoocraft on Jan 12, 11 12:42 AM
I find it very interesting that this is a love/hate game. Either you love it or you hate it. I played for 30 minutes and was so bored I could not play any longer.

I tried...so now I'm off to bigger and better things.

Mistickel
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Mistickel on Jan 12, 11 2:36 AM
This one didnt click for me. There was something amiss about the gameplay, it didnt flow well. Feels like something is lacking. It annoys me when thenote says "Dont come looking for me" and they Always do LOL. I didnt care for the H0 scenes. It's bad when the hint sparkles dont even hit the mark. Even with the hint I had to really search to get the item as the cursor has to be spot on. I had to skip the mixed up wires minigame as the graphics were so bad I couldnt make out the wires. I havent had that problem with other wire games.

I took a peek at the walkthrough, It seems lengthy, but ugh the same old minis. I just couldnt get into this one.

abuscher
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by abuscher on Jan 12, 11 1:24 PM
hardest hidden object scenes I ever played. Love it.

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Jan 12, 11 7:24 PM
I really didn't have any trouble in the house, getting around and finding things. The books in the bookshelf were a bit confusing until I found the page and realized it had to be in one the books. Leave them out of the shelf? How do you do that?

I'm now stuck in the Robo-City looking for the jaw for the robot in the bus. There's just not enough guidance for me in this one; I got tired of wandering around. I will wait to buy it until there is a WT. It seems like the chapters will get more interesting after I get out of the junkyard but with only 14 minutes left to the demo, I've lost interest for the time being.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 12, 11 7:45 PM
I just finished this game and am ready for the sequel. Just a right blend of everything for me including the music.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Jan 13, 11 9:52 AM
Valdy wrote:
CasualGran wrote:
NYtaxi wrote:Bin eben mit dem spiel fertig und es war wirklich sehr gut. ich habe keine hints benötigt. es war etwas schwieriger, dafür aber interessanter. endlich konnte ich mal wieder meinen kopf einsetzen und nicht langweilig irgendwelche dinge suchen. danke und ich hoffe, es kommt bald ein zweiter teil. lg tina

Hallo Tina und Herzlich Wilkommen! Ich bin froh zu lesen dass du das Spiel mit freude gespielt hast. Ich fürchte aber dass nicht viele Leute deine post lesen oder verstehen können. Ich kan es, aber ich bin von Holland. Vielleicht kanst du beim folgendes Spiel versuchen etwas in English zu schreiben. Das wird auch mehre Kommentare geben, denke ich.

Bleibe Happy mit Spielen!

Freundliche Grüsse, CasualGran

I kann die Post auch lesen - bin Deutsche. LOL

I, too, can read this post although I do not know the language. I used the "translate" button on my google toolbar to read it. To use this, you just highlight the text you want to translate and then click the translate button on the toolbar. Voila! It magically transforms into English (or the language your browser is set to) and you are home free.

Hope this helps. I love the translation utility.

Go to: