mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hexus

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jan 25, 11 4:47 PM
I just wanted to drop back into the forum and say what a blast I'm having with Hexus. I was a bit skeptical when I bought it (DH is a HUGE fan of things Egyptian, so it was a no-brainer for us to buy!) but the more I play it the more challenging the levels get and the more fun it becomes. There have been a few levels where I've almost had to exhaust a power-up or two when I got stuck, and it's fun to watch more people showing up in my city as I upgrade things and build. If you're on the fence and undecided about whether to buy this game or not just go for it — this is a game that I know I'll replay again and again. Congratulations to the developers, and I hope you have more games like this on the drawing board.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 26, 11 2:03 PM
I'm on my third play of this game and love it. It's just the right challenge of match game play and not redundant as some match games have gotten. I do wish the game was longer with more area to build and upgrade. Colonizing the desert became addictive. LOL.

I do hope the developers have another game like this coming for us. This one was well done and a delight to play.

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jan 26, 11 3:41 PM
Smallhaven wrote:I'm on my third play of this game and love it. It's just the right challenge of match game play and not redundant as some match games have gotten. I do wish the game was longer with more area to build and upgrade. Colonizing the desert became addictive. LOL.

I do hope the developers have another game like this coming for us. This one was well done and a delight to play.

Smallhaven, I absolutely agree about wanting more area to build on! And more upgrades, and more things to build, and more, and more and more! I don't care so much about dressing up my character, but building stuff is tons of fun.

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

Edit reply

[Post New]by FeyKina on Jan 29, 11 1:15 AM
- Will wait for the fix....

Please Eugene, how do I continue the game? keep getting the same error in the same place have re-played 3 times and just before the witch challenge it will not load a saved game.
HELP!

Edited on 02/01/2011 at 1:46:51 AM PST

[Post New]by chantel381 on Jan 29, 11 12:45 PM
Eugene_Duranin wrote:
chantel381 wrote:hi i am still stuck on statue of iris part 10 where there are 4 white balls locked and 2 open in the middle of the game screen,i have tried to create big chains and no luck and used bounses but still no luck can you please suggest best course of action as i have paid for this game and now i am stuck

Hi, chantel381.
You need:
1) Destroy all stones around white balls (I'm sure you know how if you are playing this level).
2) Place 2 "free" white balls between 4 locked the way they all create 6-balls chain.

Best regards, Eugene.

thankyou

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

Edited Please respond

[Post New]by FeyKina on Jan 30, 11 1:04 AM
Ok , I am I to understand that I will get no reply on my tech issue? At least let me know that I am sorely mistaken or that the fix is in the works, I see responses to other posts but after 6 requests to the lists related to this game I have heard nothing.
I have always received the BEST customer support from BF, what is going on.

I repeat my request for advice :

I have played Hexus (which I love or else I would not go to all this bother) from the beginning 3 or 4 times, I have uninstalled and re-installed to no effect.

Every time I reach the point where you are to challenge the witch, I get an Access Violation and the saved game will not load.

the error reads:
Access violation at 0x0058D7B3 tried to read from 0x00000014 program terminated

Please let me know I am not shouting into the wind or am missing something obvious.

thanks.

Edited on 02/01/2011 at 1:45:22 AM PST

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Jan 30, 11 3:01 AM
Hi, FeyKina.
I'm sorry that you are suffering such problems. I can't discuss any technical problems on this forum (that's bfg's rule). So, please answer to Hexus' programmer Maxim in private chat (He wrote you a message).

Best regards, Eugene.

Kizmit
Clownfish
Clownfish
585 Posts

[Post New]by Kizmit on Jan 30, 11 11:48 AM
This is really a Great Match 6 Game!
I have not had this much fun since Pharaoh's Secret!!
Absolutely Love This Game!
Kizmit

nanamonie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Hexus

[Post New]by nanamonie on Feb 1, 11 10:25 AM
bfgImbrium wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Hexus? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/136920.page>here</a>.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

[Post New]by nigeltkatt on Feb 2, 11 10:14 PM
Loved the game. Sometimes you just need a strategy game that's kind of on the mindless side to relax. Hexus is beautiful. Love the build a city and dress a pharoah parts too. It's a great "play a little now, play a little later" game.

Sorry developers, I don't care what the intention was with the poor grammar, it didn't come across as "old-timey" it came across as poor grammar no matter what era it was supposed to represent. If I hadn't come here to comment, I'd never have known. However, it wasn't a factor in my decision to buy. I ran out of time because I enjoyed the demo so much.

Difficulty with game

[Post New]by sb1407 on Feb 3, 11 5:35 PM
I loved playing the game, however, I got to a certain level - there were only 2 white balls and no more ever appeared. I played that level for over 1 hour and was unable to complete the level because I could not unlock the white balls as no more ever appeared. Was I missing something or doing something wrong?

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Feb 11, 11 10:55 PM
This game is great! There used to be a somewhat similar game called Arcade Lines a long time ago and I loved that one and I love this one as much or more than that one.

I love that there are set goals for each level. I haven't come across a level I couldn't beat the first time (YET!) but I DO have to think about my next move. And I've yet to use a power-up!

This isn't a TM game. You don't have to be fast. And it's fairly forgiving...meaning that if you make a "mistake" (move a ball where it won't make a 6+ match), you usually don't get blocked from making another move.

The thing I'm not sure about is spending my money! Should I buy things as I go along or wait until the game suggests that I build something? I'm afraid that I'm going to get to a place where I'll need more money and not have it.

Ok...back to play!

dgregory_58
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by dgregory_58 on Feb 27, 11 9:11 PM
I think I am on level 40 at least that is in a box a bottom of screen.

I have 4 locks and it looks like the balls beneath them are white pearl. I have completed getting rid of all the colored balls but I can't figure out how to unlock the ones under the four remaining locks. I have two of the pearly looking balls and like I said that is what appears to be under the locks.

Can anyone tell me how to open the remaining locks?

pamsl
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

Problem with HEXUS

[Post New]by pamsl on Mar 1, 11 2:49 PM
I'm running Hexus Premium on Windows 7. I have one character who has made it
to level 87 or so. At some point, when a game character would have a comment to make I would see something like "HOG_4" rather than the text you would expect to see. Now, I can't even use that character anymore. When I try to play that character
I get an error message from WIndows 7 that says something like "Hexus_1_1.exe has stopped working". I can play with other characters fine so far so I'm assuming there is some corruption in the saved data for that one character.

Is there anything I can do to continue playing that character?

Pam

Mitchellm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Mitchellm on Mar 11, 11 9:17 AM
_Andreww_ wrote:
Phoebelle wrote:Hi Eugene

Why spend so much money on programming and graphics, but not pay a little more to get a good editor to check the language?

Hi.
I'm also a programmer of games. And English is not my native language.
And I'm ready to pay a proofreader.
But how can I check if it is good or bad?

Mitchellm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Mitchellm on Mar 11, 11 9:22 AM
Although I didn't mind the language one bit, I am an excellent proofreader, English is not only my home language, but I'm a bit obsessive about getting it right. I was educated in a time when things like grammar mattered. So pick me, you will know that I can do it well.
Generally, I don't mind giving games a chance, I realize that some very good games are by non-English speakers but if the game is good, who cares.

Mitchellm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Mitchellm on Mar 11, 11 9:25 AM
I love this game. I have played it many times and never get bored. The combination of puzzling match three with an avatar and Sim-like building makes this game one of a kind. Fantastic, thanks! More?????

[Post New]by mariner22 on Mar 12, 11 11:54 AM
Just finished Level 100. Really enjoyed game. Would have liked to have an option to see function of different tools, (bomb, Etc.) I did not get the lightning bolt tool for locked balls to work. I did some building but wanted to put a castle in and it seemed that I needed more open space. Road Building was sort of a hit and miss task...

[Post New]by Beck_Fish on Mar 15, 11 12:11 AM
Am I missing something, or is there no way to refresh the swap bonus? There are buildings that generate every other kind of bonus, but I don't see one that generates the swap bonus.

I am on level 95 and have really enjoyed this game.

[Post New]by libbyetta on Mar 17, 11 2:59 PM
I love Hexus! I've played through it many times. I wish I could find another game similar to it. Does anyone know of one? Thanks. Katie

Go to: