eric32
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Post any Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life technical issues here only

[Post New]by eric32 on Feb 23, 11 3:30 AM
I have given the masked man the signed copy of the book and not recieved the mask and flare. I restarted from an earlier point and went through the same routine again still no mask or flare. I am very dissapointed as up to now it has worked very well and enjoyable. May be it got wet when it crossed the Atlantic !! HELP Eric32

Re:Post any Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of LifeE technical issues here only

[Post New]by Trisha13 on Feb 23, 11 9:31 PM
jude64 wrote:
sarge464646 wrote:I finished the tree relief in the palace, found the seeds, talked to the count, and he told me to run. When I try to get in the gondola, I get "I can't leave yet, there is something else I need to do here". I also picked up the stone pieces under the window, and restored the Mary Celeste plank. Help please!

me too I've posted Big Fish tech support and am waiting for a reply

ME TOO ((((((

[Post New]by nyxie63 on Feb 24, 11 3:28 AM
Yet another game where it's halfway on/off my monitor. I'm assuming this is a video driver issue??? Or what?

[Post New]by JANEE552 on Feb 25, 11 6:08 AM
I bought the game and have gotten all the way down to where you have to go to get the valve for the air ship. I have tried going back to an earlier save and the game won't go any further any suggestions? Hate to pay for something that does'nt work any recourse?

[Post New]by Floralulu on Feb 25, 11 3:45 PM
FanofBF wrote:I am in Cairo and the man at the market gives me a pot to milk the camel with but the pot is nowhere in my inventory. Can someone help?

I got the camel milk went to the trader and talked about milk and lemon, he was supposed to give me a whip...no whip in my inventory. reloaded from previous save point three times, no whip!

[Post New]by Floralulu on Feb 25, 11 3:48 PM
I second this motion!

[Post New]by gamelioness on Feb 17, 11 1:27 PM
Every Chapter of this game had a glitch so far, with one exception "The Yacht". Brittany-toner, Venice-Mask & Flare, Cairo-whip. Each time I had to reinstall the game and start over. I am now almost to the end of Gibralter and another glitch has occured.

I have been reading all the complaints against this game and have not seen any responses from any techs to help rectify these matters. They seem to be from other users trying to help by their experiences.

If all these problems are occuring, shouldn't Big Fish pull this game until the glitches are repaired and reimburse the trusting purchasers their money? I would hate to think purchasing games is a gamble.

Edited on 02/25/2011 at 3:51:06 PM PST

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Feb 25, 11 4:46 PM
Hi everyone,

The best thing to do when coming across an issue that you think is tech-related is to write in to Tech Support (you can click on this link for more information on how to do this).

We try to use our tech issues threads to note and find any trends, but the best way to get your issues resolved is to get in touch with a representative. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 02/25/2011 at 4:46:23 PM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 28, 11 12:31 PM
Another one here with the "No native at village" glitch.
I'll let CS know.

[Post New]by lpennisi on Feb 28, 11 5:24 PM
ljc51215 wrote:[quote=pbashby]gosh ... sounds like a really "buggy" game ... so many folks with the same issues. I'm stuck in Venice, Sylvie just will NOT run away - though I'm ready to. Perhaps BFG could give us poor frustrated gamers a credit for another game ..... this one is TOO buggy for words.[/quote]

I am also STUCK. Sylvie won't run away after fixing the tree, talking to the Count etc. He says someone followed her and for her to run and go to Cairo. I tried getting back on the gondola, but she says she still has work to do here (Venice). I have tried everything and I have looked at the walkthrough and have done it all, but still I can't pass this section....Any suggestions, aside from restarting and reinstalling the whole game!!!! It makes me upset that I paid for this to work correctly and there is a glitch in it....Obviously mine is one of MANY glitches this games has.....HELP!

[Post New]by lpennisi on Feb 28, 11 5:25 PM
I am stuck in Venice also I am running a super fast computer and am frustrated too!!!
I am stuck in the same place as you after doing it twice!!!!!! ARGGGG

I am also STUCK. Sylvie won't run away after fixing the tree, talking to the Count etc. He says someone followed her and for her to run and go to Cairo. I tried getting back on the gondola, but she says she still has work to do here (Venice). I have tried everything and I have looked at the walkthrough and have done it all, but still I can't pass this section....Any suggestions, aside from restarting and reinstalling the whole game!!!! It makes me upset that I paid for this to work correctly and there is a glitch in it....Obviously mine is one of MANY glitches this games has.....HELP!

[Post New]by jls29842 on Mar 1, 11 10:19 AM
HAULBOOTY wrote:
kris_cross48 wrote:I seem to have a different issue. I've never run into this before. The picture is half off the monitor. The whole left side is black. When I close it, all is fine again. I don't think it's my monitor...anyone have any ideas?

I have, also, run into this problem. Does anyone know how to fix it? I tried to adjust screen manually, but screen still the same. I opened another game right before this and that is the first game that showed up half-off the screen; BROKEN SWORD. I just c/a/d then deleted that game. Would like to nip this in the bud . Any sugguestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

[Post New]by PollyFrank1 on Mar 1, 11 4:05 PM
Purchased game too I am copying another message since I have the same issue. My dice can't add!!!!!..Have played through to Cairo. Am in the cafe' and have played the dice game with Fatima at least 25 times. You can"t go over 50. Several times I would have beat her but my dice change numbers at the final count and I end up with a score either under or over 50. Her dice always adds up correctly and mine changes after I've chosen them..Crooked..You can't skip the game and go any further, so am just stuck at this site. Please get help or will ask for a credit to be given..Have hundreds of Big Fish games and it seems that lately there have been problems with too many of them. Am a loyal fishie, but something needs to be done with quality control of our games.. Please take action on this, before it's too late and you begin to lose an aquarium full of fishies.. Thanks,PS

Edited on 03/01/2011 at 4:06:45 PM PST

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Mar 1, 11 4:25 PM
You are selecting how many dice to roll. After you select them, the computer rolls the dice. In my game if I played with 5 dice the first 2 rolls and 3 dice the last roll, I always lost the first 2 games. I usually win on the 3rd game. Try doing this.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 4, 11 7:12 AM
BFG CS has escalated the glitches to City Interactive. Please make sure you've let CS know of any problems you're having.

ETA I've managed to finish the game from an earlier save-point. The moral of the story is that you must let all of the dialogue play out so that it gets written away.

Edited on 03/05/2011 at 11:45:12 AM PST

[Post New]by SunSeeker on Mar 6, 11 1:13 PM
craneneck wrote:I went to talk to the janitor about the toner cartridge, and the new cartridge did not go into my inventory. I can no longer speak to him or anyone and am stuck.

[Post New]by SunSeeker on Mar 6, 11 1:19 PM
vkacademy wrote:AHA! If you downloaded the full version after the demo, you have to start a whole new game. You can't get the toner if you're continuing your demo game. I started over and now I have the toner.

Help! Read your post and re-installed the game since I had been continuing the demo. Started new game and still did not receive the toner from the janitor. I kept trudging on and brought the water to the inn-keeper but even though he said he gave me the flour, nothing in my inventory. I can't talk to anyone any more either. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance for any help that I get!

harrowuk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by harrowuk on Mar 7, 11 1:04 PM
I am stuck on the same page. I contacted Big Fish and they are telling me they are aware this game has a GLITCH and they have sent it to the Technical Department to fix it. Hopefully soon, as I am running out of patience.

[Post New]by mysteryann on Mar 7, 11 6:24 PM
crispn22 wrote:I finished the tree relief in the palace, found the seeds, talked to the count, and he told me to run. When I try to get in the gondola, I get "I can't leave yet, there is something else I need to do here". I also picked up the stone pieces under the window, and restored the Mary Celeste plank. Help please!

craskehouse
Herring
Herring
393 Posts

[Post New]by craskehouse on Mar 16, 11 12:54 PM
Seems theres a lot with the same issues! Cant hand over the money to pay for the air ship-dont get money for the parcel so no valve!

[Post New]by daffymommy on Mar 22, 11 4:52 PM
I have a glitch. I have picked up the parcel, I open the parcel and get the valve. Everything is fine in game play until I have to put the map on the airship, it won't let me! I have exhausted all conversations. I look into my inventory and the parcel is still there! I click on the parcel and there's the valve again. It's a catch 22!!

Please, please, please fix this.

Go to: