Re:Welcome to Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus forum

[Post New]by santocha on Feb 17, 11 5:46 PM
hi
need help with the 3 rings. only have found 2.
any info will be greatly appreciated.
thanks-

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 17, 11 6:11 PM
Hi santocha,
This discussion on page 8 of the discussions may help you out. Copy and paste the link into your browser to get there

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/140922.page

[Post New]by doverbridge on Feb 18, 11 2:41 AM
I have the planks, the hammer and nails - but I can't work out how to build the ladder - I only have the eye icon - am I missing something?

Can't fix the sail

[Post New]by BobbiJean4 on Feb 18, 11 4:52 AM
I'm stuck. I can't figure out how to fix the sail. I click on Hint and it just keep telling me I have to connect the chain. Nothing else is lit up on the map so I can't move past this. I've gone to every other location and clicked on hint but it just keeps telling me I have to fix the sail. What am I missing?

[Post New]by mkpmkp on Feb 18, 11 7:34 AM
Mambo1954 wrote:Need some help with the satellite dial. Got the first one (MHz) and the second one but can't get the third - tried everything and it didn't work. Any help with the setting for the right hand dial?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 18, 11 8:13 AM
mkpmkp wrote:
Mambo1954 wrote:Need some help with the satellite dial. Got the first one (MHz) and the second one but can't get the third - tried everything and it didn't work. Any help with the setting for the right hand dial?

This post from Mambo1954 was already answered, you might want to go back to page 2 of this thread, where you found it, and look at the replies.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 18, 11 9:09 AM
Before asking your question on these pages, please look through the other discussions/topics for this game. The questions I am seeing here have been answered many times in topics with titles that fit your question.

This is more of a discussion for comments.

[Post New]by Grandees5 on Feb 18, 11 11:27 AM
hopejoy0 wrote:
josie21 wrote:I have got the 5 golden apples but they won't go on the wall?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 18, 11 12:39 PM
Grandees5 wrote:I have got the 5 golden apples but they won't go on the wall?

While holding the apple aim at the apple holes with your cursor arrow, not so much the apple itself.

[Post New]by pegasus1219 on Feb 19, 11 9:49 AM
WilJul wrote:
maryy1 wrote:Hey guys, i have found the nails, hammer and the wood but can't build the ladder. I have tried clicking on it 100 times but it won't let me build the ladder. Please help. I am starting to think its a tech issue here. Thanks

Hi maryy1 and dazegnbye!

In order to build the ladder you need:
1. Another long piece of wood, similar to the one leaning on the ziggurat
2. A pile of wood for the steps of the ladder
3. A hammer
4. A box of nails

Hope this helps!

[Post New]by pegasus1219 on Feb 19, 11 9:50 AM
I have found every thing needed for the ladder. The long pole, nails, wood and hammer. It will not let me build it on here all I can find are people telling you what you need does any one know how to do it?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 19, 11 10:09 AM
pegasus1219 wrote:I have found every thing needed for the ladder. The long pole, nails, wood and hammer. It will not let me build it on here all I can find are people telling you what you need does any one know how to do it?

Just put everything by the long mast leaning against the tower. It magically builds itself.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 19, 11 10:10 AM
pegasus1219 wrote:I have found every thing needed for the ladder. The long pole, nails, wood and hammer. It will not let me build it on here all I can find are people telling you what you need does any one know how to do it?

It's pretty simple to build, you just click those inventory items on the long pole at the tower. If they aren't going on that location, it makes me wonder if you have two total long poles. One at the tower and one you must find and bring to the tower.

Msdaisy42
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Msdaisy42 on Feb 19, 11 7:09 PM
the nails are in one of the hidden object games.

Msdaisy42
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Msdaisy42 on Feb 19, 11 7:19 PM
I too have problems with the ladder. I have all the materials, but cannot get the ladder to build. the materials are at the long pole, but the message keeps on appearing. help

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 19, 11 8:21 PM
Hi Msdaisy,
Did you get the 2nd long pole? That is one item often missed. Other items are the boards, nails, and hammer. I've not heard of anyone not getting the ladder to built after putting all of those things by the mast pole.

[Post New]by deptula on Feb 20, 11 8:36 PM
ritajame wrote:Thanks M, for your quick response...I'm having a problem with the boat, I can't figure out how to make the pulley connect to the chain on top of the boat..

rita

No I haven't solved it yet, and where would I have gotten the chain from? the only thing in my inventory is handcuffs!!! Did I miss something?

Rita

[Post New]by deptula on Feb 20, 11 8:39 PM
ritajame wrote:Thanks M, for your quick response...I'm having a problem with the boat, I can't figure out how to make the pulley connect to the chain on top of the boat..

rita

No I haven't solved it yet, and where would I have gotten the chain from? the only thing in my inventory is handcuffs!!! Did I miss something?

Rita

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 21, 11 2:40 AM
deptula wrote:

rita

Rita

Hi deptula! I'm not sure if you're asking the same question as ritajame? If so, mcurty answered that post right underneath it.

[Post New]by mkpmkp on Feb 21, 11 7:39 AM
theshewolf wrote:I have a question of my own for anyone who is almost done with the game.

I have found the sat phone, found the key, found the missing dial, and turned on the power.

When I try to input the settings, I choose the correct MHz and satellite, but every setting I enter for the second dial does nothing.

I was able to ALMOST complete this game without a walkthrough. For those who are waiting for one, it really is not that difficult without one.

This is a wonderful game.

Go to: