merivilan
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Phantasmat

[Post New]by merivilan on Mar 7, 11 3:27 AM
yep, adding my praise to the many others here.
It was a wonderfull game, everything was just right and the trophys stopped my usual game play of "well this is a little bit hard ...Skip"
The story was great as were the graphics and I actually got scared and rushed out of one scene because it all seemed real, I think it was the breathing sounds but all the effects were excellent.
Anyway I totally recommend this game.

Cornishwizard
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Cornishwizard on Mar 9, 11 4:04 PM
I have played a lot of Big Fish Games and I must say that this is the best so far.
The story line is good, graphics are great, sound effects good and like loads of people have said the vocals are also good.
Its a gripping game. Just loved it

Johny_d
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Johny_d on Mar 11, 11 2:56 AM
I was looking for mach3 game and decided to try top mach3 game. I love mach3. But I almost did not find it here I do not understand why this game is in this genre.

Recent best mach3 games I have played: "The Ancient Quest of Saqqarah" and "Akhra: The Treasures". They are really cool mach3. The first is very beautiful. The second has a fairly good graphics, but very addictive. You can play it all day long. My wife almost killed me

cchyna
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by cchyna on Mar 11, 11 3:36 AM
I loved this game. Great graphics and very mysterious. It is one of those games that you can't stop becuse you want to find out what happens next. Great story line.
I agree the task book was not helpful at all. I feel like that was just a minor con about it.

A definite must have!!!!

Thanks BF for a great game!!

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Mar 12, 11 8:38 AM
oh yes yes just played demo and am going to buy.. love the HOG/M3.....
Good graphics and story seems good nice creepy scenes and characters
Got to rush and buy ,,,and get back to game before dinner !!

[Post New]by wildmage141 on Mar 12, 11 12:27 PM
Bought it with one of my Game Club Credits and am very glad I did!

I was actually really impressed with the graphics right from the get-go. Even the BFG logo seemed to pop out of the screen. I wouldn't have minded more panoramic-type scenes, but the artwork is very nicely done with an awesomely creepy atmosphere. Lots of places to explore.

As far as gameplay goes, I played on Challenge mode and didn't find it to be much of a challenge. I never felt the need to skip any of the puzzles nor was I ever straining to find an item. The match-3 option seemed unnecessary, but it was an interesting idea.

Story-wise, I liked it. I just wished there were more characters to interact with. A journal detailing all the story uncovered so far would have been nice. CE would probably have given me more story, but I was satisfied with the standard edition's plot.

I think I clocked in at about 5 hours of solid gameplay. There's more if I go back to earn more trophies.

blackgsd
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by blackgsd on Mar 12, 11 7:28 PM
This is the most disgusting piece of trash I've ever seen on Big Fish and I'm extremely glad it was only a monthly credit that I wasted on it. I don't care how well done they are, the images are sickening. Good grief, fish with maggots sprouting from their eyes? It astounds me that there were so many positive reviews for something so revolting. Believe me, I won't rely on these forum reviews again and I'll be very wary of any Codeminion games in future.

jeannemaria
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by jeannemaria on Mar 14, 11 1:17 AM
After many RAVE reviews i thought this would be a fantastic game. I do love the graphics, they are first class. The story and images are getting very creepy which i don't really like. I am a straight HOG person and i find it very annoying that i have to go back and forth and asking for hints because i don't know what to do next and where to go. I know many people love these type of games, but i am not one of them. I have not played the Match 3 part yet, just the HOG part, which was easy. I am not sorry i purchased this game, but it is definitely not my favourite game.

I loved Hodgepodge Hollow, which has beautiful graphics and it has a nice story.

Phantasmat
Hodgepodge Hollow 1/2

ccostly
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by ccostly on Mar 19, 11 7:46 AM
We Loved this game! It had great graphics and was oh-so CREEPY!! I was afraid to go into most buildings because they looked so awful and scary....The storyline was great! I was totally entranced the whole time by the characters and the pending doom/zenith of the story! I knew something was coming by the way the characters kept giving you these subtle warnings...

The only complaint I had was about the "blackouts"...if you haven't played the game, you'll find out what I mean...

The ending was a little strange, but we liked it. I liked the closure to everything...
Challenging game, fun twists, good graphics and storyline, 5 stars from us!!!

CAG30
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by CAG30 on Mar 19, 11 11:07 PM
OUTSTANDING GAME!!! I really enjoyed this one! It had some really different graphics and a unique storyline and the length was good too....not too short and not drawn out. I also liked that you could go back and forth from a HOG to a Match3 to get what you needed for the next step. I now wish I'd bought the CE on this one, Hopefully there will be a sequel and I will definitely get the CE on that one.
Highly recommended!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 27, 11 10:53 AM
Fabulous! This is my IHOG game of the year. I've just played it on Extreme and I have nothing bad to say about it. Beautiful to look at, wonderful story, great to be able to switch between hog and match 3, puzzles logical and built into the narrative (though not always original) and something of everything. I may play the easier levels for the remaining trophies.

ETA It took me about 5 hours.

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 11:11:08 AM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Mar 28, 11 12:36 PM
Thanks BFG .............What a great game. You Big Fishes are great. There's everything good about it and can't find fault anywhere. I just now finished and when I thought it would end, there was more. I'am ready to play it again. I'm looking for more like it.

ject58
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ject58 on Mar 30, 11 10:47 AM
Loved this game. Story line was a little dumb, and the end where the ghosts changed into something that looked like they were covered in seaweed was ridiculous. But somehow that didn't really bother me. Loved the puzzles, the graphics, and the different places to go. Very enjoyable!

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Apr 4, 11 3:12 PM
One of the best games I have every played.. LIked the story, music, puzzles the HOG's and being able to switch between HOG's and Match 3 was great. I couldn't stop playing, grapics great.. If any fishes want a great game I would recommend this one with 5 out of 5 stars...

Edited on 04/04/2011 at 3:13:49 PM PST

avueik
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by avueik on Apr 16, 11 8:41 PM
I know I'm a day late and a dollar short of buying this game. I just bought it on the SPRINGFEVER coupon and I LOVE IT. What a great game. Just thought I would post this, if there are any recent newcombers to buying this game. I'm a tough one to please with HOGs but I really liked its length, HOG, and storyline. I remember playing the demo and liking it because I have always been fascinated by the history of the government flooding out towns. Buildings, homes all left underwater. I rate this game a 5 out of a 5.

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Apr 29, 11 9:54 AM
One word - AWESOME

I loved playing this game, fantastic story, great graphics and real atmosphere. Played in extreme mode and only had to check WT once, which was quite an achievement for me although found it harder to do the hog scenes without my usual hint as back up! Great, great game, good length and well worth a credit IMO

[Post New]by mcf_square_eyes on May 2, 11 12:22 PM
Really, truly loved and enjoyed this game!!! Great length, storyline, HOG scenes and "different to the norm" elements to make this a real winner. I have been very spoilt since having a wee break from games to have discovered, played and enjoyed Mishap 1 & 2 and now Phantasmat all in the last 2 weeks

KatzHome
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by KatzHome on May 10, 11 9:51 AM
What an EXCELLENT game! Enjoyed playing so much that I'm going to play it again in Expert mode. LOVED the near ending... where the two of them were sad and regretful of their past lives... so they really weren't totally evil after all... kinda like life ~ there's hope for Heaven for everyone...

Thanks again guys, I LOVED this game ~ and by the way, I'm Catholic ~ and liked seeing the Rosary Beads in the graphics... that's where my hope comes from...

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on May 31, 11 9:23 AM
This is one of the best games I've played in a while. The combination of graphics, sound effects, music and story establishes a creepy atmosphere from the beginning and doesn't let up throughout. The flooded town is an eerie and intriguing setting, and the story was paced very well, with the story and true nature of the characters being revealed a little at a time. I loved all of the warped perception and shifting reality effects.

I've never seen a HOG/Match 3 hybrid done this way before. I play HOGs for the story/graphics/music but I enjoy Match 3 gameplay more, so I appreciated that option! I would find all the objects I could quickly, then switch to Match 3 to finish the rest.

This was a very long game--much longer than a typical HOG for me. I think it's because I played in Match 3 mode a lot (and didn't use the Power button at all to get that one trophy) but even if I'd just played it in HOG mode, I think it would still have been a longer than average game.

I really liked another game (Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal) by this developer, which is SORT of a HOG but not in the traditional sense, and the artwork style and general tone of the game is very different--cartoony. Definitely interested to see what they're coming up with next!

preserved
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by preserved on Jul 2, 11 2:17 PM
Just getting this one since there is such a great sale going. All the reviews are so good and positive I'm going to purchase this one. I have bought too many and have to cut back since I have a dozen or more I haven't had time to play yet.

Go to: