kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

Re:Post any Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come technical issues here only

[Post New]by kgustavson on Feb 20, 11 3:45 PM
Same issue with the access violation. Please fix this bug!!!!!

kayruth
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by kayruth on Feb 20, 11 4:03 PM
Same problem as the rest of you on this site. I start the game again and it goes to an error thing. I would like my credit back, please...

julese53
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by julese53 on Feb 20, 11 4:17 PM
I did go into Artogon and deleted the whole file. I started a new profile, and the game started fine. It let me in 3 times, so I thought I was set, but on the 4th try I got the error.
I've started over so many times I think I can do the first few stages blindfolded!

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 20, 11 4:29 PM
Hi everyone!

Please continue to contact Customer Support with a Dr. Felix Report if you're encountering an Access Violation while launching or playing Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come.

If you can also let them know the exact scenario regarding when the Access Violation occurred, for example if you'd played the demo for the Collector's Edition and then went in to play the demo for the standard version after, this will really help.

If you'd like to request a replacement game, Customer Support will be able to help with this as well. They can be reached via the green envelope to the right.

Thanks!

-bfgDonau

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Feb 20, 11 5:57 PM
I'm not receiving an access violation and can get into the game fine. My problem is with the saw to cut the bars to get into the temple. I used it to cut the center post just fine and removed two keys. But it refuses to allow me to cut either bar on each side of the center bar. I've restarted twice. Gone to different scenes, checked the hints (highlights saw and bar), checked walkthrough, and I should be able to cut the bars.

Haven't seen anyone post about this problem?

Edit: after reinstalling the game and changing names to play game - I went through to where I was stuck with the saw - same problem occurred - only this time it would not cut any of the bars. Discovered this quirk in the game play:

Spoiler: keep moving the saw around until you see it slightly fade in and out - it will then cut what needs to be cut. You will find this same thing happens on several of the items you go to use. Mom and I have been playing for an hour and a half now and the game is responding nicely. (highlight to read)

Edited on 02/21/2011 at 12:54:56 PM PST

[Post New]by secretwriter on Feb 20, 11 6:53 PM
Okay what about my error where it won't let me click on the bowl in the temple? What am I supposed to do? I've done everything according to the walk through, what more do I have? How am I supposed to fix it?

rubywilms
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by rubywilms on Feb 20, 11 7:31 PM
okay,
enough is enough!!! when i tried the trial game it got mess up with the notice that everyone else got, so i tried what the said and sigh in with another name. I worked and when my trial was up, stupidly I bought the game. and guess what it did it again. I want my credit back on the game. i give up!! not going to start over and over and over again.

rubywilms
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by rubywilms on Feb 20, 11 7:33 PM
okay,
enough is enough!!! when i tried the trial game it got mess up with the notice that everyone else got, so i tried what the said and sigh in with another name. I worked and when my trial was up, stupidly I bought the game. and guess what it did it again. I want my credit back on the game. i give up!! not going to start over and over and over again.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 21, 11 1:24 AM
bfgDonau wrote:If you can also let them know the exact scenario regarding when the Access Violation occurred, for example if you'd played the demo for the Collector's Edition and then went in to play the demo for the standard version after, this will really help.

Hi Donau...

That´s what I did in one of my posts.

Edited on 02/21/2011 at 6:35:47 AM PST

kerchers
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by kerchers on Feb 21, 11 3:27 AM
I brought the game hoping that all might be well.I started again under a different name but as soon as I stoped playing and then went back in the error message came up.Tried all the suggestions made but nothing worked.Never had this problem before. How long will it take to solve this,or can we get our money back.It was great to get it cheaper but it seems to be a "white elephant".Will we be notified by email Look forward to your reply.Hope this will be solved soon

dotpet5
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by dotpet5 on Feb 21, 11 6:36 AM
I also am having error issues. when are they going to fix it?

jellow10
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by jellow10 on Feb 21, 11 8:45 AM
Well, here's another one to add to the long list of access violation messages. I'm glad I followed other fishies' advice and exited the demo before my time was up so I could try getting in again, and that's when the access error occurred. I even waited to download the game hoping there would be a new build but I guess that wouldn't be likely over a weekend. So, bottom line is I'm NOT buying this game (even though I like it) until or if a new build becomes available. Too bad I couldn't take advantage of the sale.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 21, 11 8:54 AM
Very nice ihog. A definete buy for me as a Standard Version

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Feb 21, 11 9:25 AM
I did not play the CE, stopped the trial before time was up, etc.

I read about the fix and gave it a try, it worked until the third chapter, and now I am stuck in a loop.

It's not like BFG is going to steal your money; the developers will offer a fix-pack.

Pats3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Pats3 on Feb 21, 11 9:53 AM
lovely62 wrote:once i made a new profile the game works great!! try to do that and see what happens, The game is really a cool game..thx

Tried everything suggested update drivers reinstall etc. but this suggestion is the one that worked. Thanks

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Feb 21, 11 9:56 AM
Darn, I downloaded, changed player name, played 36 minutes and left, then the darn access code. i have never had this happen before, and I really wanted to buy it with the 4.99 special, are they fixing it???

[Post New]by juliesden on Feb 21, 11 10:46 AM
I am also having the error code violation message, have downloaded twice now!!

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Feb 21, 11 11:11 AM
I don't remember if I tried the CE or not, but did go back in under another name and played for a while............then had to exit to eat dinner. When I came back in, I got the access violation again. This violation seems to come up when the player tries to return to the game after quitting. Can you fix this? If not, I would like my money back. I know your customer service is great and am depending on BF to fix this.

Thanks in advance............

[Post New]by Tutorbyday on Feb 21, 11 11:39 AM
I am new to BFG forums and had the "Error: Access violation" message. If you are using the same profile that you used for the demo, it might help to change it. Changing the profile worked for me and, fortunately, I didn't have to repeat much. Also, make sure you have the latest video drivers and DirectX 11 loaded. I normally run games under Vista 32-bit but I have tested it with Win 7 64-bit and it runs fine. You can check your driver age and the DirectX version under Vista by going to Start>Run and typing "dxdiag" without quotes. Under Win 7 you have go to the command prompt (go to Start and search on "command prompt") and type dxdiag. I hope this helps.

[Post New]by denyce2301 on Feb 21, 11 12:26 PM
I have downloaded and deleted and redownloaded this game but still having problems. I found if I put new player everytime it works but I cant go back and finish the game without an error popping up and the game shutting down. I really like playing Treasure seekers it is a shame that the games does not work.

Go to: