LadyWyntre
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition

[Post New]by LadyWyntre on Feb 26, 11 5:00 AM
1) @ledheadmelli--after reading your posts, I have a new appreciation that my husband likes to play many of the same games I do. I just shot him a quick e-mail (he's still asleep) to say "hey, I bought a new CE and just played it all the way through--pretty good!" And now I know what he'll be doing today. XD

2) @Charlaine Harris developers, please play through this game and note the ending with the bonus content. THAT is how you do a "to be continued." You nicely wrap up the story that you have played through, but it also leads neatly into the next story. You do not stop halfway through a story. You must wrap up. Grrr, still mad about that one. I will buy the next "Dark Parables" sight unseen. Not so sure about YOUR game, because I've learned I can't trust you.

3) @the Dark Parables developers, lovely job as usual. Can't wait for the next one. Unlike some players, I love the fragmented objects. I also enjoy your storylines: familiar tales with dark twists, just as promised.

9.2/10; two minor quibbles. I too would like the strategy guide to re-open where I left it. In addition, I play these games largely for the story. I'm disinclined to go back and play through hard mode, because I know the "punchlines" now. I'm a little irritated that HM wasn't available from the outset, particularly since it unlocks additional scenes.

As an aside, does anybody really care about concept art? I don't, and I wonder who does and why.

blu_j_10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition

[Post New]by blu_j_10 on Feb 26, 11 8:09 AM
just finished in easy mode, great game. this is the type of game i'll play again & again. can't wait for the next in the series. has anyone else gone to bluetea.com? looks to need a little updating.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Feb 26, 11 8:48 AM
I cannot remember ever playing a game from start to finish with only a break for dinner. This game was the exception. Perhaps the most beautiful graphics I've ever seen; the ballerina by the lake scene was simply stunning. As a lover of fragmented hidden object games, this was my idea of heaven! Great storyline, wonderful to look at, some innovative and tricky puzzles...what's not to love about this game. And the addition of a big fish that appears to be Felix's twin brother was a lovely touch!

Huge congratulations to Blue Tea for what has to be one of the games of the year and thanks to BFG for 6 or 7 hours of pure enjoyment. Am ready for the hard mode now and another evening of FROG heaven!

A FROG about frogs...that has to be a first!!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 26, 11 10:00 AM
I was delighted to see another game by Blue Tea but I didn't think I would be able to play it because I found the brightness of the lantern light in the first scene hurt my eyes . In the end I had to stand a book against the screen to blot out that area before I could see enough to actually start playing the game. Having got past there I started enjoying the game and have now bought it and am glad that I didn't give up at that first scene .

Cherb

ETA

OK I have now finished it and what a fantastic game it was, the graphics are so beautifully drawn that they make it well worth the CE price even without any of the extra content. Some parts of the objects are really cleverly hidden but I managed to find every single piece in both the game and the bonus chapter without using a single hint <crow> so my eyes aren't that bad after all.

I am now waiting impatiently for the next game from Blue Tea ...

Edited on 02/28/2011 at 3:11:08 AM PST

fihill
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by fihill on Feb 26, 11 10:45 AM
Hi all, thank you for all the great reviews here, I always check these first now before buying any game as I've been bitten too many times and the reviews have helped me make great decisions.

Thanks all and happy gaming

Edited on 02/26/2011 at 11:16:57 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 26, 11 3:14 PM
SLIGHT SPOILER ALERT

Finished the game in easy mode and finished the bonus game.
Started again in hard mode, because I wanted to put that golden crown onto the frog´s head.

Was delighted to see that the crown went straight into my inventory. A short while after playing the game I was finally able to put the crown onto the frog´s head, and the door opened that had been permanently closed in easy mode.

Boy, was I surprised that I arrived in a room that I also arrived in when playing the bonus game. I just hope the things I had to do in that room in the bonus game will not be the same in hard mode, otherwise I would be very disappointed.

One thing that could be improved with the game is to do with the H0 scenes. I often have to click on the same item a few times before they react and go into my inventory, and sometimes have to use a bit of force as well.

lvbrule
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by lvbrule on Feb 26, 11 3:47 PM
grower wrote:I love this game so much but I am having a hard time finding the crown for the frog so the door will open and I can get the Tree disc I can not find the crown will someone help me please. Other then that I love this game

Hi grower! Dont know if you got your answer about the frog crown (looks like vlad touched on it) but I'll go ahead and answer you here....you dont receive OR need the frog crown until you have TOTALLY finished the game. You will receive it then to either start the Bonus game or Hard Mode. Hope this helps so you are not frustrated looking for it.

Enjoy!

Edited on 02/26/2011 at 6:50:20 PM PST

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Feb 26, 11 4:30 PM
This game has serious issues. Very rarely do you see so many people confused about just playing the game to the end.

From what I can figure out in the forums, you have to play the game once through in EASY mode, then play the bonus, and then play in HARD mode (where you start the game with the Frog Prince's crown in inventory) to actually finish the game. There isn't anything in any instructions or the strategy guide about that. Just trial and error, I think.

Since I always play in HARD mode, I am totally hosed. Having started in HARD mode, I can't play in EASY mode at all. I deleted the player, created a new player, re-booted, deleted again, and it defaults into HARD mode with no way to change. The only options presented are for volume.

This is such a disappointment in a game that was fun and challenging until I needed the crown. So - it's game over for me and a big

Edited on 02/26/2011 at 4:31:51 PM PST

sokjeff
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by sokjeff on Feb 26, 11 5:51 PM
Fishies, it is time to get wet. This is a great game. 10/10
-Excellent graphics and atmosphere
-Fun puzzles, they remind me of Ravenhearst (little direction, use the brain)
-I like the map system. Nice looking and functional.
-Great extras: hard mode with new areas to discover, bonus story, and extra puzzles.
-Morphing objects (love it)
-Compelling story
-Hidden object scenes a little bit harder than the first game (big plus- they were wat to easy before)
-Just plain FUN!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Edited on 02/26/2011 at 5:53:01 PM PST

[Post New]by j_cioni1972 on Feb 26, 11 7:54 PM
I just completed The Exiled Prince, and the bonus game. To my amazement, number three is in the works, and I can not wait. The Brier Rose and the Exiled Prince are fantastic games. The puzzles were challenging, soundtrack is suspenseful, details is awesome. Like I said, can't wait til number three come out.

[Post New]by ellariayn on Feb 26, 11 11:17 PM
I've been hanging out for this game since the beta. Briar Rose was one of my favourite HOG apart from the MCF series. This was a great sequel, beautiful scenes and art, the puzzles were challenging but not impossible. Overall I really enjoyed this 4.5 stars out of 5

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 27, 11 2:36 AM
KC_Granny wrote:Since I always play in HARD mode, I am totally hosed. Having started in HARD mode, I can't play in EASY mode at all. I deleted the player, created a new player, re-booted, deleted again, and it defaults into HARD mode with no way to change. The only options presented are for volume.

Something you are not doing right, KC_Granny? I tried it myself. I have played the EASY mode, and the BONUS game, and am now on HARD mode, which is the only mode you can play once you have finished EASY mode.

So I added a new player, and when I selected that one, I was able to start again with EASY mode.

[Post New]by scoang on Feb 27, 11 4:49 AM
Enjoyed the game, but was already to the end of the demo in 40 mins. Going to wait on the SG.

[Post New]by purplehatlady on Feb 27, 11 5:01 AM
My thanks to all the fishies who took the time to reply to my call for help on how to reply to comments/reviews without over writing the orignial post!
I think I have got the hang of it now (LOL). I am a little forgetful (because of all the drugs I have to take for my spinal condition). I have made myself a BFG folder which I hope to fill with all the tips and hints that you all so generously provide, please keep on with your wonderful reviews goofyduck and casualgran they make me laugh and help me with my purchasing of good games.

My thanks once again purplehatlady

[Post New]by bludwoman on Feb 27, 11 7:12 AM
Love this game thus far.

Edited on 02/27/2011 at 12:25:58 PM PST

Juicey08
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Juicey08 on Feb 27, 11 9:49 AM
Yes! I love the Dark Parables and was so happy to see a new one! I own Briar Rose and loved that one so I will be owning this one as well! Beautiful graphics, perfect music and amazing story line. A must play!

Rudygeegee
Clownfish
Clownfish
761 Posts

[Post New]by Rudygeegee on Feb 27, 11 10:13 AM
Beautiful game! I never buy the CE versions, but in this case I've made an exception. Good puzzles, not too easy, graphics are fantastic. Always play in the difficult mode and feel it is up to par.
The developers really know how to put together a game. I had purchased the Dark Parables: Curse of the Briar Rose and loved it so much I was excited to see this one come out.
Definitely a game worth purchasing!

Calicohorse
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Calicohorse on Feb 27, 11 10:28 AM
Just adding to the kudos for the game. One of the most enjoyable and LONG I've played. I like looking for fragments of things. Plus, they're such pretty things - makes it like a puzzle or making jewelry. The artwork is fantastic - I love Art Nouveau - so this style is always a bonus. I found the difficulty just right - not too cryptic, not too easy. Finding the morphing objects is certainly a challenge! An excellent game and well worth the CE price.

Edited on 02/27/2011 at 10:29:00 AM PST

chumface
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by chumface on Feb 27, 11 11:04 AM
Excellent! Just finished regular, will now play bonus and then hard!
Found all the morphing objects too!

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Feb 27, 11 12:49 PM
I loved this game as much as I loved Briar Rose. The story is so good and such a twist on the old fairy tales. I like that the storyline is a little darker, not so easily told.

I love the game style; a few places where the scenes were a little dark for finding fragments, but not terrible.

One of those games I just couldn't quit playing until I was done and had completed the Bonus Play as well.

Well done, can't wait for the next one!

Go to: