grumpy1123
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Serpent of Isis:Your Journey Continues

[Post New]by grumpy1123 on Mar 5, 11 3:22 PM
Sorry, but I am not enjoying this game at all. I loved the first one and have played many adventure games. But all I have been doing is getting stuck, closing the game, coming to the forums for help, read the walkthrough which doesn't help. Then I go back to the game to try again.

There are several hidden object scenes in the walkthrough that are not appearing for me when I click on the barrells or pictures. I also do not have a pyramid appearing on top of the barrel. I can't get the chest dial to work either.

Any help out there? Or should I just reinstall and start over?

vezzettj
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by vezzettj on Mar 5, 11 4:19 PM
I have the first one and found it very enjoyable so I expected this would be an instant buy... but it isn't...

The biggest annoyance to me is, as others have stated, that you have to click off the dialog to continue... I don't know how many times in the trial that I tried to look around and my cursor wouldn't interact with anything before I remembered to click that off!

There is also a continunity problem for me.. I don't think this character looks like the hero in the first game (this one seems... beefier... lol) ... and the story line does NOT continue from the "cliff hanger" ending of the first game either... I'm really not sure how we got from the previous ending to the start of this game. It really feels like the first game didn't happen. Granted, I quit my demo at the end of chapter one; maybe the story line wraps back around later.

That said, this game has the same feel as the first one with the graphical effects being very similar and I like that the "special objects" are still there too (I had 10 hints available when I quit the demo). From other reviews this looks to be a fairly long game so it should be "worth the money" if I can just get over the interuptions... but it looks like this game will probably end up on my "Daily Deal" list...

[Post New]by thunderknomb on Mar 5, 11 7:57 PM
I just finished this game and I loved it! I didn't think I would like it as much as the first one but wow, I did. I would recommend this game. I'm off to play it again and that doesn't usually happen for me.

Dee

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Mar 5, 11 9:21 PM
just a quickie here, as i am sure the usual suspects have already given it a review (much thanks to the ordered minds of goofy and gran)...
is it me or is anyone else mildly annoyed by having to click 2x everytime a subject speaks? once to clear the text and once to get to the gist of the matter...
and speaking of subjects, they seem pretty creepy themselves...always pulling faces and darting their eyes back and forth...dunno if they can be trusted...
spoiler: then there was the case of the slowly filling oil lamp bottom...really? when if i was truly in a hurry to find it i would have levered the door behind which it was kept with the crowbar, but no! had to be done with a tiny screwdriver!
anyway, that's it for now. have to go to Italy...play on, fishies!

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Mar 5, 11 9:24 PM
katcar897 wrote:I am stuck on chapter 2, I am trying to open the desk but it wont stay open and I cant find the wooden stick I need to keep it open. Any ideas?

took me a while also, but keep searching your map and following the clues. i won't tell ya cuz i know it won't be as much fun as figuring it out for yourself...

[Post New]by ThoughtFox on Mar 6, 11 1:43 AM
I bought this game, but did not enjoy it as much as the original. The graphics haven't improved as much as I expected and it is very annoying that you need to click so many times to get rid of the dialogue before you can open your inventory or anything.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but there is a MAJOR flaw in this game. I was playing the chapter in the train . . . I solved one particular part of the mystery and the chapter ended automatically without giving me a chance to complete the remaining puzzles!! This made me very unhappy. I couldn't collect all of the special items

Ceece
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Ceece on Mar 6, 11 6:10 AM
Finally...I finished the game. What a game!! I barely remember the first one, but I DID remember I liked it a lot. So when I saw this one, I had to try it and confirmed my memory. I bought it and enjoyed it thoroughly. The music was okay , but a little to loud and predominant over the story. I finally found a level I could live with and trudged onward.

It was certainly challenging, at least for me. Sometimes I got stumped as to what they wanted next, but I got it eventually. I do agree with someone earlier when they mentioned some of the minigames could have used some instructions, but it just took longer to play.

All in all though, I commend the group of developers on their imagination, their art work, the suspense and the victory lap was spectacular. I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Hope you all do as well. It's got my 5 stars.

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on Mar 6, 11 12:27 PM
Really like the first "Isis" game so this was a buy for me. Unfortunately, "The Journey Continues" lacks the spark and creativeness of the first, and never did seem to flow for me. Got tired of having to fiddle with the dialog box, and puzzles whose intent [what the solution was supposed to be.........love when a game has the "?" circle in a puzzle, and then they tell you what you're striving to do] was not always clear... By the time I got to the last 2 chapters it felt like I was dragging a boat by a rope through the desert.... . For me, it's only a so-so game ..... ....... .............*smack

GIMLISAXE
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by GIMLISAXE on Mar 6, 11 3:19 PM
Just to add my two cents; I thought this was a pretty darn good game. I didn't care for the dialog issue either, but all in all I thought it was an enjoyable game.

alimac196
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by alimac196 on Mar 7, 11 12:42 AM
I too enjoyed this game, some of it was challenging and most of it was fun, my only gripe is the same as many others have stated - the dialogue boxes are very annoying and without this it would have been a much smoother game play experience for me.

Overall I would recommend to lovers of IHOGS.

Shevyron
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by Shevyron on Mar 7, 11 10:53 AM
Just finished playing this game.
Overall experience 4/5
HOG scenes 4/5
Storyline 4/5
Minigames 5/5 (some were very challenging - this is good!)
Length of play 5/5 (took me close to 5 1/2hrs)
Graphics 4/5
Music 4/5 (mainly played with it off and DH watching TV, though what i heard was fine)
Addtional gameplay (achievements) 4/5 (didn't get them all so not sure if anything happens if all got)
I enjoyed this game - and think will play again to get all 'special items'

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on Mar 8, 11 1:51 AM
Fantastic game!!!! I loved it. I absolutely loved it.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Mar 8, 11 11:25 AM
I agree, fantastic game! Top notch in my book. Wish more games were of this caliber.

javajule
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by javajule on Mar 10, 11 8:43 AM
I simply cannot say enough good things about this game. The cut scenes are fantastic; really gives it a feel of being in a movie. The storyline is engaging and most importantly the game play is really absorbing. Great graphics, music, etc., and I don't say that lightly. I highly recommend this!

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Mar 12, 11 8:13 AM
Fantastic sequel to the original game!! Good graphics and story and I love the music! Lots of hidden object scenes (to my delight). Of course, the 'special items' are included in this one.
Once again, you play Robert. You must travel to many locations and gather clues to the whereabouts of a missing professor. In the meantime, avoiding the shady characters intent on stopping you.
I love the espionage gameplay!
The clicking of the dialogue boxes was a minor nuisance at first. Then I got used to it and continued on.
Good one devs. Hope to see a third installment of this series!!

[Post New]by wyldedragonfly on Mar 12, 11 4:20 PM
I think, like so many other posters here, I really enjoyed "The Serpent of Isis" - this game however isn't like that. I really want to like it (I'm on chapter 5 right now) - but I am so bothered by the characters popping up whenever I hit the wrong thing or with dialog (really, I don't want to look at Sophie's surprised face whenever she finds an item) - it's distracting. Then I forget to click it off and it just makes the story go by slower and I guess I'm just losing interest.

One thing that really bothers me - and this is more of a technical issue rather than a character one - when I click 'continue' from the main menu, the music from the main menu starts to blend with the music from the scene coming up. Again, it's annoying, distracting, and cheaply done.

I want to say that maybe the developers rushed this one out the door, but we know that isn't true (unless they woke up a month or so ago and said "oh, wait, we must get the sequel out!"). Oh well, live and learn.

Later: I just finished the game and wow, what a let down at the end. The story just abruptly ends. I should have seen that coming.

Overall, the graphics are good, the music isn't annoying, the HOG scenes - well, there's a lot of them and they contain grapes (seriously, what is it about HOGs and grapes?). But, I did like moving about Venice in the boat. Yet, between the characters popping up continuously with crazed looks on their faces and the sudden, weird ending, this was a somewhat disappointing game.

Happy Gaming!

Edited on 03/12/2011 at 6:10:10 PM PST

boomer331
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by boomer331 on Mar 15, 11 1:48 PM
Definitely not a buy for me. I found this game to be extremely frustrating as you are constantly interupted by some character popping up and I found it a lot of work to keep clicking to get him off the page so I could continue.
A little too easy even after I unclicked help and set it to the hardest mode. I guess I'm used to the CE games which tend to be much better games. You may like it if you like the easy hidden objects that don't take long to find and if you don't mind lots of interuption and dialogue.

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by Debnfla on Mar 15, 11 7:43 PM
I am so enjoying this game! I think it is better than the first one. I haven't finished it yet, taking my time and savoring every moment of it!!!

Deb

[Post New]by Linda_in_Aussie on Mar 16, 11 6:15 AM
This game really gives me grief. I can't get into it, the storyline doesn't make any sense and I'm forever having to go back and check the blog walkthrough. I usually do this with most games but not as often as I've had to with this one. Basically, I find it an irritating game to play and can't explain why.

Don't like it either that hints run out instead of recharging. One of the few games I've bought after playing the download and then not enjoyed and don't want to finish it. Bad choice for me this time.

Regretful buy (which happens)

Off to play Queen of Spades... that's a better game.

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Mar 17, 11 1:40 PM
Boring

Go to: