gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition

[Post New]by gameslvr on Mar 5, 11 8:13 AM
No buy for me. The graphics are good but some items hard to find-had to use the hint. What really turned me off was the voices! The pronunciation and the really, really "smarmy" cat voices were too much for me!

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

Wow is this game sllllooooowwww

[Post New]by eedebeep on Mar 5, 11 9:08 AM
Can't believe how slow this game is. I am playing in expert mode, getting rid of the custom cursor helped a little. I have never had problems with a Big Fish game before. however the plot is good and hidden objects good.

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition

[Post New]by eedebeep on Mar 5, 11 10:31 AM
and i turned off the music and the voices, both were way too annoying.

beckykay
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by beckykay on Mar 5, 11 11:01 AM
I enjoyed the game and did purchase the CE but I thought it was really short. I don't think it lasted longer than 3 hours for me, so I was disappointed at the length, but overall a fun game.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Mar 5, 11 11:39 AM
There have been so many comments about the length so I timed myself. I finished the game in 4 hours 15 minutes and it took me another hour for the bonus chapter so I feel like I got my money's worth. I enjoyed the game. It was not as good as redemption cemetary or the hound of the baskervilles but it was better than average. I will enjoy playing it again in a few months.

[Post New]by hereosmakechoice on Mar 5, 11 12:06 PM
i cant find the stne door with four eyes can anyone help me?? i have the demo but it wud make me so hapy if i found the door!

[Post New]by hereosmakechoice on Mar 5, 11 12:10 PM
i read some of the comments and they said they didnt like the voices but for me i loved the voices of the cats and the stone locks (if tht what theyre called those gnome things) i loved it but the human voices threw me off but all n all good game but i cant find the stone door with four eyes

PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Mar 5, 11 1:05 PM
An overall good game - but too short in my opoinion (took me about 3½ hours) - and a pity you can't skip the dialogue (like I almost always do). Extras not worth the CE price....

Minnihopps
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Minnihopps on Mar 5, 11 2:02 PM
I like this game ,and will play it again. Not grainy on my screen. Took me at least 5 hours to complete.

Wolfenraindancer......I'll join your club. I always do the same

darksprires
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by darksprires on Mar 5, 11 2:13 PM
I am not sure if I am going to be buying this one or even if I am going to finish the demo. If only people educationally challenged can be found to read the voice over then perhaps it would be better to just have a print out at the bottom of the screen. I have Brit friends and I know they, (the vast educated majority of them,) do not pronounce the word in - vent - tery, which makes the item sound like something out of Hogwarts.

I think I will wait until tomorrow and see what folks say on the forum about the extra content. This might be a pass from me as I am not sure I can bear the stupidity.

mystine
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by mystine on Mar 5, 11 6:39 PM
This is an interesting game...there are pros and cons. First off I have to agree with the posts about feeling ripped off as far as living up to CE standard. I havent unlocked the bonus section yet, but if all you end up with is a little bonus game and nothing else they shoudnt have called this a CE. You do get a strategy guide, but as many have said its not really needed. All you have to do is click on the hint button and it tells you exactly what to do next. I also turned off the voice overs which got annoying pretty quickly..lol...and my only other negative is the story is murky...I like to be pulled in and kept there...but on a positive note...in general I'm enjoying playing...the graphics are beautiful...theres a lot to see and do, and it has a nice, big cursor which I love. The hints recharge very quickly although not a fan of the black thing that shows you the way. So as I said pros and cons....but really BF give us our full CE benefits! Oh, and WolfenRaindancer....yes! I do the same thing..I always save the sparkly area for last, and look at what else is going on first!

tuezdaye
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by tuezdaye on Mar 5, 11 7:29 PM
Wow, I thought this game was fantastic and absolutely beautiful!!

Took me about 5 hours but for me it's not a race. I had a great time looking at the artwork closely. Detail was stunning. Every scene was sharp and clear so if some found scenes "fuzzy" maybe look at your computers rather than blaming the developers. Scenes don't just magically get clearer for certain people.

I found the mythological elements fascinating and the shadow animals a hoot! Spoiler alert, highlight to read. The psychology of the story, Cass's blame of herself and inability to cross over, her husband becoming a mythical beast in her mind so that she could punish herself, all pretty intricate for a game and if I looked at it as a myth, not an everyday story, it came to make sense.

Very interesting, and a LOT of work, to work into a game. Major congratulations to the developers.

There seems to be a lot of complaints about no wallpapers/music/concept art in this CE. Really. How many people *actually* download that stuff. I remember not that long ago when regular games were $19.95. We're getting a bonus round and in-game help with intricate plots, lengthy play time, and extra points towards credits....for $6 less and it's somehow a plot to wipe out everyone's life savings without "getting anything". Really? Get a grip.

Thank you and have a nice day.

chumface
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by chumface on Mar 5, 11 7:44 PM
Story good! Graphics good! Gameplay...well, I just do not know if thishas much replay value!

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Mar 5, 11 9:28 PM
Half way through the game. Too many screens. Objects hard to see. Don't like the dark occult aspect to this game plus the British accent is very annoying. Like most of the CE games. Bought the game and thought it would be fantastic. However, I am completely overwhelmed by the game and way, way too many screens and objects. Like the Dark Parables so much better than this one. Sorry.

[Post New]by chicabonita_1961 on Mar 5, 11 11:20 PM
This is the first time I've ever commented, but I have to say I was really disappointed, and didn't think it was worth the price. The graphics are nice, but I found it boring, and had NO idea it dealt with the occult, as I've never purchased a Margrave mystery. I also found the **** scenes very difficult. Good thing the hint button recharges so quickly. If I could do it over again, I wouldn't buy this game. But after purchasing as many games as I have, I was bound to come across one I didn't care for.

[Post New]by hereosmakechoice on Mar 6, 11 7:08 AM
can anyone help me with the stone door??

darksprires
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by darksprires on Mar 6, 11 8:35 AM
I managed to get through the demo despite the stupid voice overs but they quite wrecked the play for me. Aside from the retarded woman mispronouncing the words for Cassandra, there are the horrible cats, the ghastly geese and the stupid sheep voices. I would downgrade this from Hogwarts to Daffy Duck.

I didn't think much of the graphics in general. They didn't look real except for the HOG scenes. The theme might have been interesting without the voices wrecking it but I wouldn't pay CE price for this game. I wouldn't pay regular price, either. I might consider this when it goes to the bargain basement, but I somehow doubt it.

This is a definite pass.

dokken117
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by dokken117 on Mar 6, 11 10:21 AM
jessikart wrote:Just played a little of the demo to find out what everyone's complaining about re: inventory. Well, it's not how I'd say it, but I don't find it all that annoying. Maybe some of the non UK based fishies should consider from our point of view that sometimes we find your way of pronouncing/spelling words confusing/annoying/just not cricket? And just so you know, there is no such thing a 'British' accent!

Loved the voice acting on this - from what I endured of Margrave Manor 2, I remember that although the game was dire, the voice acting was really good, so I'm pleased they've kept that. I thought the game was...ooookaayyyy... didn't really grab me tonight, but then I'm not really in a game playing mood, so perhaps if I approach it in a better frame of mind I'll enjoy it more. Also, I'm guessing it's a UK based games company and I would like to support home grown talent, so I may yet be tempted to give it another go.

Had a few problems getting the game to run - it froze the first two times I tried to get it to run which ate into my demo time by about twenty minutes, but once up and running I had no problems.

Oh Jessikart, accent or not, I LOVE the way the British talk. Love British films, books, everything British. And I couldn't care less how anybody pronounces "inventory". I was speaking about the girl's voice. She sounds like she's come to Grandma's house to ride the carousel for the day. I mentioned this during the Beta, and obviously nobody was that impressed with my opinion. lol The reason I'm not buying is that the picture just takes up about half my screen. Otherwise, I'd probably give it a go for 6.99.

Hope all the "buyers" have a great time with this game.

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Mar 6, 11 10:30 AM
I think that this game is for the girl fishes. It is little much for my femine side. Enjoy!

[Post New]by blackfaery76 on Mar 6, 11 12:31 PM
I really enjoyed this game. It was light-hearted spooky, a bit cheesy, but I quite honestly enjoy that in a Hidden Object game every now and again. I've just started the bonus content, and I thought the length was pretty good for the regular portion of the game. Nice scenes, and I really appreciated it wasn't a memory intensive game, so those of us who play on old laptops and smaller system can enjoy CEs and Big Fish new releases as well.

Great work, Big Fish.

Go to: