schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collector's Edition

[Post New]by schuldi on Mar 10, 11 9:40 AM
You will notice that every Thursday is CE day. So it seems lately. It is a very good game!

Edited on 03/10/2011 at 9:40:52 AM PST

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Mar 10, 11 9:42 AM
jojo_the_joyful wrote:Sorry to go off topic, but is that the sequal to Briar Rose?

I'm not sure. I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

gentlegirl
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by gentlegirl on Mar 10, 11 9:43 AM
Hi!

There is a glitch in the game. I tried to play the bonus gameplay and in the search scene in the office i can't get the phonebook no matter what i do......

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on Mar 10, 11 9:43 AM
I really enjoyed the Frog Prince a whole lot also , almost up there with mystery case files, but I have not decided if this game is worth the CE price? Oh well, back to playing my old mystery case files!

[Post New]by jennyoliver1 on Mar 10, 11 10:04 AM
I agree completely about the number of CEs being released lately. I almost feel that anymore, if I want to play a quality HOG, I have to pay more for it - and for what, 20 extra minutes of gameplay? It would be VERY simple for Big Fish to simply allow us to use 2 of our credits instead of one to purchase a collector's edition, and they should. They are our credits, we've earned them, bought them, etc... The thing is, I am reading that alot of us are complaining about the high prices, but still buying the games, so really BF has no reason to let us use credits for CEs - they're making ALOT of money. Well, for me, that stops here. I have purchased almost EVERY single CE that has been offered on BF, but NO MORE! From this game on - I refuse to buy any CE. It may hurt a little bit, especially if I really like the game, but if we all just gather a little self-control and wait for the regular editions to come out, BF will eventually have no choice but to offer the CEs through credits. Think about it, $13.99 here and there doesn't seem like much, but stop for a second and add up all the money you are REALLY spending at Big Fish - I bet it's alot more than you thought! We deserve to use our credits on ANY game offered on Big Fish. Enough is enough!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 10, 11 10:08 AM
jennyoliver1 wrote:I agree completely about the number of CEs being released lately. I almost feel that anymore, if I want to play a quality HOG, I have to pay more for it - and for what, 20 extra minutes of gameplay? It would be VERY simple for Big Fish to simply allow us to use 2 of our credits instead of one to purchase a collector's edition, and they should. They are our credits, we've earned them, bought them, etc... The thing is, I am reading that alot of us are complaining about the high prices, but still buying the games, so really BF has no reason to let us use credits for CEs - they're making ALOT of money. Well, for me, that stops here. I have purchased almost EVERY single CE that has been offered on BF, but NO MORE! From this game on - I refuse to buy any CE. It may hurt a little bit, especially if I really like the game, but if we all just gather a little self-control and wait for the regular editions to come out, BF will eventually have no choice but to offer the CEs through credits. Think about it, $13.99 here and there doesn't seem like much, but stop for a second and add up all the money you are REALLY spending at Big Fish - I bet it's alot more than you thought! We deserve to use our credits on ANY game offered on Big Fish. Enough is enough!

And how are you enjoying this game? LOL!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 10, 11 10:13 AM
yourshannygirl wrote:
bella81762 wrote:
yourshannygirl wrote:
doctorgood wrote:
mamacarole629 wrote:I .

peglegann is one of the nicest people in this forum. The moderators have asked all of us to please post only game reviews and comments in the comment and review thread a multitude of times. What part of that needs detailed elaboration? I will be more than happy to clarify it for you/anyone in a PM if further explanation is necessary.
glad to be of service,
Dr.good

Well said Dr. Good! Thank you pegleann for your fabulous reviews in the games forums and for politely trying to get this thread back on track.

but how is any of this about the game...its not either...

Gee bella you really like to split hair doncha? So if that's what you REALLY wanna do then neither was that post nor is this and we can go on and on and on...it's the thread that never ends...it just goes on and on my friend....

Good thing I have better things to do like go to work...sheesh bella really!

well since you responded to me directly i will respond in kind, i am not the one that tells others what they should or shouldnt post, i was just asking how posts telling others what to post is any different then posting whether you like or dislike ce,s, its all off topic, dont mattwer to me either way, i just find it ironic........

that said.......pegal is not a bully, she does try to steer the topics back politely, but there is bullying in these threads by others...........so as you say.....sheesh

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Mar 10, 11 10:17 AM
doctorgood wrote:
mamacarole629 wrote:I totallyy agree with mycatluna. Really, peglegann, you should learn to play nice. Enough said, now I am off to play. Sounds like a good game.

peglegann is one of the nicest people in this forum. The moderators have asked all of us to please post only game reviews and comments in the comment and review thread a multitude of times. What part of that needs detailed elaboration? I will be more than happy to clarify it for you/anyone in a PM if further explanation is necessary.
glad to be of service,
Dr.good

Dr., we are all nice people but we have different opinions... and we are posting our frustrations with yet another CE which is this game so we feel it's OK to post it here. Sorry if our frustration gets in the way of the joyfulness of those who can afford a CE a week and don't have credits rotting in their virtual pockets. I guess it's sort of like politics... Dems and Republicans are all nice people but very much in disagreement. The important thing is to try and express yourself without offending someone personally.

PS COMMENT and REVIEWS the thread says. Well, this is a comment. And just because a post is not in agreement with your views it should not be here? You people are wasting as much space here in disagreeing with our posts which have nothing to do with the game as well. Arguments are futile... you will never have a forum where everyone agrees.

Oh, just to keep on the subject... the game is great and I'll probably buy it in 6 wks when it comes out... sadly my credits will then be expired though.

Edited on 03/10/2011 at 10:26:39 AM PST

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Mar 10, 11 10:18 AM
I agree with the other fishes about having another CE.. I just can't afford to keep buying and have to wait for it to go on SE. I always play the trial and then put it on my list to buy when it's released later. What can you do??? I have enjoyed playing the **** and will keep my fingers crossed BF will listen and release them faster..

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Mar 10, 11 10:22 AM
CasualGran wrote:@Lunachan and @Dobbiemijnboekje, could one of you two, or anyone else, tell me exactly how puzzles in this game can be skipped? Maybe I'm getting old, but up till now I haven't discovered a skip-button.

Thank you!
Use the hint button and it will skip the puzzle.

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Mar 10, 11 10:29 AM
I completed the demo and enjoyed the game, but I am so disappointed, the game on full screen does not go across my wide screen monitor. When I went to Options and unclicked Full screen, the game screen became even smaller (like a Windowed screen). I have black bars framing the screen on all sides, like a picture frame, which makes the game screen smaller. Did anyone else have this problem on a wide screen monitor and if so, was there a way to make the game screen fill the monitor screen, thanks! My eyes need all the help I can get with the Hidden Object screens!

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Mar 10, 11 10:31 AM
peglegann wrote:
jennyoliver1 wrote:I agree completely about the number of CEs being released lately. I almost feel that anymore, if I want to play a quality HOG, I have to pay more for it - and for what, 20 extra minutes of gameplay? It would be VERY simple for Big Fish to simply allow us to use 2 of our credits instead of one to purchase a collector's edition, and they should. They are our credits, we've earned them, bought them, etc... The thing is, I am reading that alot of us are complaining about the high prices, but still buying the games, so really BF has no reason to let us use credits for CEs - they're making ALOT of money. Well, for me, that stops here. I have purchased almost EVERY single CE that has been offered on BF, but NO MORE! From this game on - I refuse to buy any CE. It may hurt a little bit, especially if I really like the game, but if we all just gather a little self-control and wait for the regular editions to come out, BF will eventually have no choice but to offer the CEs through credits. Think about it, $13.99 here and there doesn't seem like much, but stop for a second and add up all the money you are REALLY spending at Big Fish - I bet it's alot more than you thought! We deserve to use our credits on ANY game offered on Big Fish. Enough is enough!

And how are you enjoying this game? LOL!

Oh dear! Pegleann forgot to discuss the game.

Edited on 03/10/2011 at 10:32:07 AM PST

[Post New]by darkdisciple1313 on Mar 10, 11 10:48 AM
This part is off-topic: the surest way to piss somebody like me off is to tell me what I can and cannot say, where to say it, how to say it and when to say it. Other people also get mighty annoyed at being told (rather than asked) to keep a thread on-topic. Figure that into the words you write when complaining about a post, hm? This may be why gripes about off-topic posts go unheeded.

This part is on-topic: as I am interested in all things dark, ancient and mysterious, I'll be getting this one, based solely on the reviews (AND comments, by gummy) of previous posters. The demo that I played looked smashing (setting aside the possible geographical anomalies mentioned in previous posts), plus the Celtic legends are fascinating to me. If the game turns out to be a pile of left-over cold mush, though, I blame y'all.

[Post New]by littlecaplin on Mar 10, 11 10:48 AM
OK How about this purchase 2 CE's in a month get a free CE or like some have said use 2 game credits for a CE......the number of CE's lately will make all of our game credits and free punch cards obsolete..........Do BFG ever read the comments in the forum this seems to be an ongoing complaint!

gama58
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by gama58 on Mar 10, 11 10:54 AM
I love this game. The graphics are great. Did not have any trouble with the dl. I played only 15 minutes and just had to get it.

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Mar 10, 11 11:01 AM
Well, i started reading the posts and thought I was on the "Complaints" forum. Thanks to all who asked everyone to please stay on topic (especially Dr. Good). I read this forum to find out how people liked, or disliked, the game. That said, game sounds good and can't wait to get home and demo!

Gail

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 10, 11 11:09 AM
satexasgirl wrote:
jojo_the_joyful wrote:Sorry to go off topic, but is that the sequal to Briar Rose?

I'm not sure. I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

Nope. The sequel to Briar Rose was called "Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince".
And the next "Dark Parables" game will be about the Snow Queen.
Hope this helps.

Oh, and sorry to get off topic, guys. Just wanted to help someone out.

Edited on 03/10/2011 at 11:10:34 AM PST

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Mar 10, 11 11:17 AM
Wow, wading into this forum is like watching a really bad episode of reality tv. Sorry, got off topic.

I liked several things about this game - there are Achievements and some of the puzzles in the demo were different from the usual ones we get and you had to think for a few minutes. The music seemed fine and no glitches for me in the demo. That all being said, I am not sure if this is going to be a buy for me. Just something about the game didn't grab me.

[Post New]by spiritdog51 on Mar 10, 11 11:29 AM
I haven't even played the game yet. But I have to say that the CE's out number a decent SE for months now.

What I find worse is that the wait time used to be 2 weeks for an SE, now its a month.
I think they are timing it just perfectly for those that only buy SE's that there will never be the right amount to fill up a card.

I don't think any of you can argue that a great SE has not been given to us in months and months, the last one I remember being delighted to see was the hysterical Pirate one. Who can forget the drag Pirate? Now there was bang for you buck!!

The title of this thread is YOUR COMMENTS & REVIEWS, well this is my comment about this CE.

My review will be later.

Edited on 03/10/2011 at 11:31:26 AM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 10, 11 11:33 AM
well, done with the main game, about 6 hours, great length........here,s hoping the bonus content is good too

Go to: