ceri4hc
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Shades of Death: Royal Blood

[Post New]by ceri4hc on Mar 23, 11 3:44 PM
What a lovely change, I'm used to playing LF games but having so much trouble with them lately (Tech' problems etc ) that I thought I'd try a **** game and I'm glad I chose this one. It doesn't over tax the brain but I do suggest you play in the harder mode. You still get hints if needed and can skip mini games should you choose but NO SPARKLIES...Obvoiusly not the h o u r s of play you get with LF games but worth the money. D/L AND RUNNING NO PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED.
Go on fishes dive in for 2-3 hrs of fun...Heather.

RavenLV
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by RavenLV on Mar 23, 11 6:58 PM
I finished the demo, liked it but thought I'd check the forum and WT first, three chapters, a bummer, people are saying it is short, second bummer cause I was just about to click 'buy'. But then, like you Spiritdog51, I am still in chapter one I know because I just got upstairs and was on the star, moon, sun, sword puzzle when my time ran out. It may take me longer to finish, even though it is short; maybe it will show up on a holiday sale. They almost lost me with that spider in the beginning, hope that's the only one...

VOGAT
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by VOGAT on Mar 24, 11 9:06 AM
RavenLV wrote:I finished the demo, I am still in chapter one I know because I just got upstairs and was on the star, moon, sun, sword puzzle when my time ran out.

You are just in the middle of the first chapter. Nice. You have lots of playing time ahead. Enjoy!

Thanks,

Askold

[Post New]by chloeviki on Mar 24, 11 9:21 PM
I can't get the safe to work in the office

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Mar 25, 11 6:09 PM
Fabulous game. The graphics are a bit fuzzy and the artwork isn't state-of-the-art (except the ghosts) but in spite of that I've been totally immersed in the game. And NO flashing, spinning, flaming journals, hints or cursors! Yeah! Finally! I did not find this game too short (played in Advanced mode) - but I play in fits and starts because of my busy schedule. ABSOLUTELY worth the money. Well done Vogat!

Libtard55
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Libtard55 on Mar 25, 11 6:22 PM
I guess I'm just slow. Took me 12 hours to complete. And I loved every minute of it. Although I used the walkthrough extensively. I hate the expert part of any game. I prefer nice and easy.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Mar 25, 11 10:33 PM
snapnhiss wrote:I must be slow as molasses, I've been playing two and a half hours off and on and I'm only starting the third chapter. How in the world do people finish these games in an hour and a half?

Edit: too many "an"s
Heck, SnapnHiss, I played 50 minutes of the demo and I'm not quite halfway through the first chapter, and that's after I ended up skipping the 'joint' puzzle on the front gate. I used a couple of hints, too. I sure do like being able to get more time out of a game than most people, and I've found out I never have to worry about it when people say a game is "Too Short". xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxETA I was about the same place Raven was after 50 minutes in casual mode. If I buy (probably will) I will restart in advanced and get hours and hours of play out of it.

Edited on 03/25/2011 at 10:40:04 PM PST

Mistickel
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Mistickel on Mar 26, 11 4:56 AM
I felt the graphics were a bit too dark. The H0 scenes are pretty good, a little too junk pile. Lots of things to do. The puzzles are good a tad on the easy side. I finished the 1st chapter of 3 in the 1 hour so it seems very short. I'll have to think about this one. If it werent short, I would have gotten it right away.

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Mar 26, 11 5:50 AM
Just finished playing and enjoyed the game. I think it took me about 3.5 hrs to play in advanced mode. Didn't need thw WT but did use some hints A good game, great atmosphere and nice graphics. I was worried it might be too short, but it was OK lengthwise. I was disappointed at how short the third chapter was compared to the first two. It was definitely worth my credit for a nice Friday evening of 3 hrs solid gameplay as my "chill out" time for the week.

[Post New]by FishinCat on Mar 26, 11 11:20 AM
:thumb up:

Loved this game. Finally again a good balance of light and dark in the hog areas,
just hard enough to keep you looking but not impossible.
The built in "steer you through" element was brilliant. That is you cant go running back to scenes which would only waste your time. Inventory items were very logical. It was just challenging enough to be fun, but not have to dedicate your life to accomplishing it. My only gripe is that it did end almost too soon. A bonus follow-up at the end would have been nice, but hey, I bought it with a credit, and it was well worth it.
More games like this one, Big Fish! Please!!!!!!

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Mar 26, 11 1:38 PM
I agree even the dark scenes were "seeable".. I am tired of many hog scenes now where I am constantly groping in the dark and dislike the use of flashlights !!
Great game I can recommend this one now I am looking for something on a par with this one !!

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Mar 27, 11 1:00 AM
Just finished this game. Quite easy, good storyline, reminded me of the Hound of Baskervilles, with the travelling between times. The only disappointing thing was the length. Took me roughly 2 hours to finish.

wilsu
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by wilsu on Mar 27, 11 10:36 AM
Terrible graphics. I have large monitor and have tried every resolution setting on my computer. I can't stand it even through the first half hour. Sooo sorry I bought it. Wilsu

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Mar 28, 11 3:00 PM
Glad it's not too dark for some, but as much as I tried to
lighten it, I had to skip the "Knight Dragon Gate puzzle"
'cause I couldn't see the positions I was putting them in.
Also had to use several hints to find what I just could not
see.

It's a shame, other than that I like the game, but can't
justify full price if dark is what is making me skip and
use hints. Maybe as DD one day.

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Mar 28, 11 10:35 PM
I had to use the hint on a couple of HOG items, but didn't find it to be too bad. I thought it was short too, and not difficult, but it was enjoyable for a game that I got "free". As a post-menopause insomniac, I appreciate these games for something to do in the wee hours!

ms_mamiller
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by ms_mamiller on Mar 29, 11 4:01 AM
Got this today with 1 of 2 punch card credits.

I am hopeful, the story looks good.

I will let you know.

ms_mamiller
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by ms_mamiller on Mar 29, 11 6:05 AM
First impressions... well it isn't at the top of my list, not even close.

It is an ok game, maybe worth a credit if you already have everything else.

I have too many really good games that I would rather play first.

The graphics are ok, it adds to the challenge which might not be a bad thing.

The sound, typical ghostly whispering and piano, nothing special.

The storyline, the usual family secret, save your sister, haunted castle, nothing special.

The difficulty... this might be a good thing for some. It seems a little more difficult, not as obvious, partly because it is so dark, the graphics etc.

The length... unknown.

Overall my first impressions are so-so, glad I got it for free. I wouldn't recommend spending a credit on this game, there are too many other good games out there. I am not sure why it is in the top five, unless it gets better as the game progresses.

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Mar 30, 11 3:30 AM
I really really liked this game.

Not far below the quality of a Collectors Edition, I thought.

Very good .. thanks
Jo

carnick
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by carnick on Mar 30, 11 5:32 PM
I just finished this game and I loved it even if it was a little short. It is better to play a short game than a bad one. really enjoyed it.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Mar 31, 11 7:54 AM
I loved the game.I am not finished yet, but i always take my time..Thx DEV's for this neat game..I loved the sounds and graphics, we have tornado warning here so i had better get off line.. happy gaming fishes..

Go to: