Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Revenge

[Post New]by fairiesgarden on Mar 24, 11 7:53 AM
menttwo wrote:Hey Fishies, Just wanted to reply to everyone who disliked this game. This is the first game in a long time where fishies have to work a little harder to get what they want. Its great , I love the challenge Some of the scenes are a little dark, but you get used to it. This is a buy for me. Thanks Big Fish for a great game.

Has anyone gotten as far as the castle doors...I am looking for the nights swards where do I find t

[Post New]by fairiesgarden on Mar 24, 11 7:55 AM
CasualGran wrote:Go ahead, fishies!

[Post New]by acecyberwitch on Mar 24, 11 8:18 AM
i had to restart this game 3 times there is no way to save and redo a section so wont be using a credit on this one look good but game play is a pain in the bum

Snookie1100
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Snookie1100 on Mar 24, 11 9:33 AM
nomatt wrote:Well I only usually glance quickly over the small 'reviews/comments' just to get a rough idea what others think. Then I get the game and see for myself. I think you have all been too kind with this one, it sucks! I mean, my version is silent, objects often only respond to the tenth or so click, bad English (forgivable but avoidable), obscure descriptions, the list goes on. This was after eight minutes that I will never get back. Thank God the delete button works.

Well said nomatt.............I too had absolutely no sound, and had such a hard time getting the sparkely scenes to open up...........took much clicking, and the two mini games? I encountered......catching dripping honey, and putting the sword back together was about as exciting as watching paint dry. I did play about 1/2 hr., but didn't have the patience to do one more tedious task like waiting for something to turn the right color to click on it. Certainly not for me..........but different strokes for different folks.

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 24, 11 12:26 PM
I got really exited when I saw this and now I am so disappointed. The game has absolutely zero sound and by the looks of things I'm not the only one having this problem. I still tried to enter the first **** scene, but the Queen took forever to get there and when she finally arrived, I went into the kitchen to make a cup of coffee and when I came back the scene still hadn't opened, even though the game hadn't frozen. I like long games, but not that long . I hope the devs take this back to the drawing board.

Edited on 03/24/2011 at 12:26:27 PM PST

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Mar 24, 11 12:45 PM
Patty60 wrote:Yes, Catluna I can understand about era appropriate names, but, can you explain why an Octopus is called an Autobus? This one threw me.

LOL. No answer to that, although technically I suppose one could hitch an underwater ride on a very large octopus if one is VERY brave.

I would just refer you to the other part of my post where I did state that there are indeed, spelling and grammar errors. Just that 'new' words to us should not be considered as such.

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Mar 24, 11 12:47 PM
sinshack wrote:
pkpurs wrote:I am stuck at the begining. I found all the ingredients and put them on the rock which turn into a cauldron. Now I have no ingredients to put in the cauldron. I have waisted my entire trial. Not buying it if it has problems fron the start.

It's not the game that is having the problem, it's US because we aren't used to the way this game works - it's new and different, so we're confused. You need to move the cauldron (where do you usually put a cauldron?) and your problem will be solved.

sinshack: it is very rare that we agree on reviews of particular games but in this case I am in total agreement with you. There are issues with the game, yes; but I think the reason so many are going back and forth about this game IS because, as you said, we are the ones that are confused because the game-play is so different. And different, in my mind, is a good thing. Very good point you made.

Cheers!

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Mar 24, 11 1:35 PM
I just finished the 1 hour demo and thought the graphics were lovely. Hidden objects were hard to find and not clear in spite of the clear looking graphics. I had to use the hint quite a few times and afterward thought no wonder I couldn't find that. This game is absolutely different but very slow moving and awkward. I wish I enjoyed it more than I did. I wanted to like it and buy it but I'm afraid I will regret it in the end. I'm going to pass on this one but look forward to seeing more from this developer when they pull it together a bit more.

kisskeeps
Catfish
Catfish
1,508 Posts

[Post New]by kisskeeps on Mar 24, 11 1:47 PM
I really wanted to like this and went into the trial with a good attitude. After 33 min. I could not take any more clicking on the object to be found and nothing happening. I do not buy games where objects are hidden (even obscured) by other objects. For that reason and many of those already stated, this is not a buy for me.

[Post New]by TrudysTouch on Mar 24, 11 1:50 PM
mamajay wrote:Well, I lasted a whole 3 minutes - barely! Sure the graphics do look great, and I probably could have overlooked the poor translations, but it was very jerky, and no music at all Also, there was no real explanation for the beginning of the game, as in explaining just why Zoraida was bricked up in the first place, how she managed to survive for 100 years, nor how she got out again! Sorry, but this definitely is a 'no buy' for me.

I agree tryed it for about 15 mins. and had little interest in how the game was heading. Great games this week but this is a no buy for me.

Edited on 03/24/2011 at 1:51:49 PM PST

[Post New]by heavensake on Mar 24, 11 2:01 PM
Did anyone get this to work? I downloaded it twice on my computer and once on my son's and it did not come up to play.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 24, 11 3:23 PM
heavensake wrote:Did anyone get this to work? I downloaded it twice on my computer and once on my son's and it did not come up to play.

As you can tell from the reviews, we did get it to work. Contact Tech Support by clicking on the green envelope in the right column, and they will help!

patcard
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by patcard on Mar 24, 11 3:43 PM
Stopped playing "demo" to read forums before purchasing ,after laughing I began to be upset ! I have only one question for all.Are you purchasing a game for your personal enjoyment or are you purchasing MUSIC.When I want music I go to a store that sells CD"S or DVD"S. Patcard

Edited on 03/24/2011 at 3:44:23 PM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Mar 24, 11 4:44 PM
With all the controversy around this game, I'm wondering where are all the avid adventure players who thrive on wandering locations, no sparkles and wanting to figure everything out themselves? Frankly I've enough of those unfinished classic favorites that stymy me. At least here I don't have to blindly click every pixel on the screen hoping something will happen. There are places where I simply had to back up, and where there was nothing to do there now there is. And many games I have to move an object to see another under, open drawers, search areas. So why is this one any different?

After demoing twice on 2 machines I must say it is infectious, if that's the right word, it does keep calling me back to the challenge. And I'm not even an adventure player. Maybe the magical quality missing in so many dark and eerie ones.

My fence is my own punch card strategy game, which SE to buy with a CE or start another card, or or or. I'm more punch challenged and there is a week to go to hit a few buy buttons if you know what I mean LOL. My plans foiled again. If you can taste this game, delete and forget about it, it's probably not for you.

ETA no walkthrough or SG...is that the problem? I notice another thread for help by one who has happily finished

Edited on 03/24/2011 at 4:50:00 PM PST

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Mar 24, 11 4:50 PM
in a word............awful!

[Post New]by cookiechu2 on Mar 24, 11 7:41 PM
Usually like this type of game - strong beautiful woman, fairytale, . Enjoyed the Crystal bubble, but all the spelling mistakes, grammatical errors - that is a put-off for me. As well, I didn't want to try to decipher what the names mean. I looked around for a mug - found the elegant metal flower-like glass and was rewarded - but mug? Really, can't this game company find someone to proof-read before finishing the game? Appreciate that some of you got past all this...but, sorry will spend my monies on another game. There is one in my recommendations that looks good. Off to give it a try!!

Your Comments and Reviews for The Revenge

[Post New]by HereF1shyF1shy on Mar 24, 11 8:55 PM
CasualGran wrote:Go ahead, fishies!

Wellllll, since you asked...

Between the really bad grammar/spelling errors, the near invisibility of some of the objects, and the really random nature the puzzles, I'm not gonna go behind the 1 hour free sample of play. I feel like I'm just arbitrarily clicking on stuff and stumbling upon solutions. I don't think this game was very well thought out, nor was there any thorough attempt to translate the story into English.

Jinnare
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Jinnare on Mar 24, 11 9:07 PM
Beautifully done graphics, and I enjoyed the music, unlike some folks. It was soft and mild and didn't get on my nerves. I knew from the opening cut scene that the game was a no buy for me. The scene with the King, Queen and new Prince in the park was so poorly done overall that I knew I wouldn't be buying it unless it really turned out to be an amazing game. It didn't.

H0 scenes were very annoying. They often used incorrect names for things so you had to guess what they meant. Many items didn't look like what they were supposed to be. For instance, I was looking for a chess piece and finally used a hint. It was what I had thought was a brown, glass vase. I guess it was supposed to be a black rook, but I'd never have gotten it without the hint. Many items required several clicks to obtain. I had several cases of H0 scenes not being triggered so I could get items I needed to proceed until I'd gone in and out of the triggering scene several times. As was mentioned earlier, I was collecting parts of the first sword and reached a point where I could see more parts but couldn't pick them up. I had to go pick them up from other scenes, then when I returned to the original scene, they were gone. Sword parts with legs, apparently.

The language (spelling, grammar, word usage) in the action scenes and the quest instructions was so poorly done that I often couldn't figure out what was happening or what was required that I do. I would read the instructions several times then guess. I'm sure that whomever did the translating for this game knows far more of English than I do of their native language, but then I'm not translating games professionally. They need to find someone who can translate the writing in the games into English and do it well. These sorts of errors really detract from the game for me; and, I'm sure, for many others. Heck, I'd help them out. Send me the game like it is. I'd go through it and try to figure it out what you're supposed to do and then make it understandable.

Really don't mean to beat up on you, devs. Sorry if we're too harsh (I haven't had a chance to read all of the other reviews yet). You've got a pretty large, very active, dedicated group of gamers here; and, if we don't tell you what we like and don't like, you won't know why we buy or don't buy your games. With luck, you'll take the info we post here and try to incorporate it into your game making for future endeavors. We really do want to help.

Edited on 03/24/2011 at 9:11:48 PM PST

[Post New]by tamecamcmillan on Mar 24, 11 10:21 PM
I'M AT THE GRAVE YARD WHERE THE STATUES ARE . I PUT THE BIG CANNON ON THE CHAIN ,BUT WHERE DO I PUT THE LITTLE ONE. CAN SOME ONE HELP ME PLEASEEEEE.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Mar 24, 11 10:39 PM
**Spoiler Alert**
I still stand by my earlier review: I think these developers have a lot of creative ideas and have the potential of becoming really great game developers. The art work is wonderful (though they need to get better music); the hidden object scenes are quite challenging at times and change on the next viewing, which I liked; and the game play is interesting. And, I admit, I like being left to my own devices because it makes the game more of a challenge.

I have to confess, however, that the game has become almost a chore to finish. I'm still not quite done, but the glitsches in the dwarf scenario made me quite impatient. I kept having to back out of the game and restart because items that clearly were there wouldn't click away. Maybe I missed the point of the "create the picture" game, but I tried all sorts of variants and always ended up with one block that wouldn't turn; I finally skipped it. I had the same problem, by the way, with the root problem--I worked at it for 45 minutes, but finally skipped it because the directions really weren't much help and didn't make much sense to me. I also wasted a lot of time on the spider venom collection: I was supposed to find 10 spiders, but only found six (and I counted)....and then suddenly realized that I had enough venom to throw in the soul tree. I'm leaving the end play until tomorrow because I've started using hints liberally (which I don't like to do) just because I'm tired and impatient.

I hope that the developers are reading our comments and take them seriously: I really like the game and appreciate their creativity, but they need to get the game working properly from a technical point of view. They also need to hire an English-language editor: I know Indians are generally quite proficient in English (thanks for teaching me what a gorget is!); I am quite sympathetic with language problems since I have spent much of my life speaking (or trying to speak) foreign languages; but, having worked as a translator and editor, this game has basic errors and misspellings that shouldn't exist in a product for sale. Perhaps more important, these problems shouldn't exist in such a creative game because, well, you can see the negative reviews.

I really do encourage everyone to try this game for the demo hour: it's interesting, challenging, and really quite beautiful.

Go to: