Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Mar 31, 13 10:23 AM
Good Not Great Fragmented Object Game

GAME COMPLETED TWICE

Not a fan of FHOGs, I never expected to download this game, but after playing the “Red Riding Sisterhood” and enjoying it I decided to reassess my attitude towards them. This series is the leader, I think, in this kind of game, and whilst I am still less than enthusiastic, I don’t mind this game for a change.

What won me over was the beauty of the locations and the objects we reconnect. Everywhere you look there are pretty flowers, glittering jewellery, etc. A second reason was the collection of specific objects like ships in a bottle or elements jars. These are exquisite items you piece together but must collect all six before doing a simple puzzle with them. For the most part all the puzzles were simple, but some were quite ingenious. Which brings me to some of the reasons I am still only lukewarm about this game.

Although there is a fun story we follow, it isn’t told well. The gameplay was too repetitive and simplistic and fairly linear. It is tightly controlled – there’s no chance to wander aimlessly about smelling the roses. Also, though there are a lot of HO locations, we still visit each four times, way too much for my taste. The puzzles are repeated too.

There are morphing objects too, ever popular, but they were hard to find. Normally pretty good at them, I only found 12/20 this time round.

So of course, I will recommend this game; it is a classic after all. But not without reservations.

I recommend this game!

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on May 15, 13 12:38 AM
I was excited to finally play this.This was a fantastic follow up in the Dark Parables series. There are many HO scenes which die hard HOG fans will enjoy. The graphics were beautiful and clear, and the story was great. Some puzzles were harder then others, most could be skipped. Once you finish the game, you have the option like in the first game to reply in a harder mode.

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Jun 5, 13 5:57 AM
I have all of the Dark Parables series and loved them all, this one included. <POSSIBLE SPOILERS>
So one thing that was different in this one ( probably because my others are CE's with the SG ) is the way they do the objectives, letting you know where the frag's were and where the new evidence was to be found. Odd, but it seemed to lag a step BEHIND where I was, not sure if that is a glitch, or what. The other thing I didn't care for was towards the end. It almost seemed as if the dev was like, oh no, forgot to put this in, and that too...because it was one frag right after another, which I never thought I'd finish. Those are my two gripes for the game. Other than that, I loved it, along with the story line. It was sort of funny because at the end when it says I can go and free Marie now, I really had to stop and think, "who the heck is Marie".....OOPS!! Forgot all about her.

[Post New]by WinterBlade on Apr 14, 14 5:53 PM
This is my first and last Dark Parables game. Didn't like it at all. I really didn't like looking for obscure pieces of trash that could be ANYTHING 'hidden' in a murky drawing. I pretty much just clicked on anything in the picture that didn't look 'right'. Very boring.

Go to: