9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Curse of the Thirty Denarii

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on Apr 3, 11 1:39 PM
Based on the comments by other pond members, who have become a very reliable source, I won't even download this one.

qwerty4
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by qwerty4 on Apr 3, 11 2:30 PM
Unfortunately this game is not for me because:

1. numbered hints
2. arcade games
3. cartoon graphics
4. constant ineruptions with dialog /cut scenes
5. unable to go to menu during arcade - had to ctrl/alt/delete to get out
6. typical HdO - I won't bother downloading the next one

qwerty4
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by qwerty4 on Apr 3, 11 2:38 PM
OOps. That is interruptions. Sorry I big fingered it.

[Post New]by josieblack on Apr 3, 11 4:43 PM
It looks like all comments related to the tone of this game are being deleted, but I'll say it anyway--this feels like an attempt to sneak an overtly Christian message into a BF game. I didn't get far enough into the game to decide if I liked it... the Tintin-style graphics & the gameplay seemed fine, but it started to feel evangelical/proselytizing fairly early on. I get enough of that shoved down my throat, tyvm.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 3, 11 10:05 PM
I played 40 minutes and I've had enough. Find 2 blades? They are tears. Find a bar? It's a ship's wheel.

[Post New]by stitchdesigner5 on Apr 4, 11 3:12 PM
josieblack wrote:It looks like all comments related to the tone of this game are being deleted, but I'll say it anyway--this feels like an attempt to sneak an overtly Christian message into a BF game. I didn't get far enough into the game to decide if I liked it... the Tintin-style graphics & the gameplay seemed fine, but it started to feel evangelical/proselytizing fairly early on. I get enough of that shoved down my throat, tyvm.

Josie, I am a Christian. This game is insulting to me. It is NOT an evangelical game. It's garbage.

revbecca
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by revbecca on Apr 4, 11 6:05 PM
Just got the time to play the demo, and quit after four minutes! I usually download the demo without looking at the screenshots. Lesson learned! The graphics are shameful in this game, as in HdO's other recent submission. In timed play, the short time given to finding the HOs is pathetic. I've deleted this one, and will look from now on to make sure the offerings are not HdO. Ugh! and double Ugh!

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Apr 21, 11 8:58 AM
I enjoyed E.P. Jacob's stories (back when I was a kid ), so was very excited to see a game based on their adventures.

Unfortunately, IMHO this just didn't make it. The HOG's scenes are easy (why are some items automatically lighted without giving you the chance to look for them), the puzzles are fairly simple and not original, the soundtrack is quite boring, there's little animation.
The stroy is ok, but it just didn't seem to work for a game.
There are several language mistakes too (ax, pavilion, etc...).

I did the whole hour hoping it owuld get better but it didn't. ANd I made it to the blue lightnings, so the game must be really short.

The worst part was the feeling of disappointment I felt towards the characters as they all seemed a bunch of wussies, nothing to do with the bold yet elegant, phlegmatic yet passionate couple I remembered. Maybe that I didn't read them in English has something to do with this, but definietly not the Blake and Mortimer I remembered.
4/10

Ruvie
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Ruvie on Jun 1, 11 9:22 AM
I truly loathe these HdO games. Once I realized it was one, I deleted it. What a waste. They all use that awful 'fisheye' technique, and it hurts my eyes. My screen does not need to wiggle when I move my mouse!!

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 6, 11 1:53 AM
Hated this. I could tell in the first scene that I would, but tried to give it a chance. Didn't last 10 minutes. The story was boring, the blend of the different kind of graphics looked badly and cheaply done, and I cannot abide the hidden object games where you get to see about 3-4 things listed and new things are added to the list as you find old ones. The hidden object games in the comic book story boards were ridiculous. Would not recommend this game to anyone of any age, even to play a free demo.

Go to: