WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Editio

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 1, 11 9:25 PM
gwladys99 wrote:I bought the game and I am enjoying it but I find it impossible to get into the stratagy help,sorry about the spelling mistakes. I have tried everything but unable to access it. How do you get into it. Any help would be appreciated. Other than that I am quite please with it.

Game is easy to follow and I am in my late seventies and not the brightest spark re computers. thank you.

Hi gwladys99! Welcome to the forums!
You should be able to click on the tab that says "STRATEGY GUIDE" in the upper right of your game screen. Then you must choose which chapter you are in, I think it may even blink, telling you which one you are in. Good luck! Let us know if you are still having trouble!

Mapsman
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Mapsman on Apr 1, 11 11:27 PM
Empress 1 was one of the first games I ever downloaded and played. I got very frustrated and had to refer to the walkthrough several times. In contrast, Empress 2 was almost laughably easy. I didn't need the strategy guide. I didn't have any difficulty with any puzzle and I only used the hint for two or three very well hidden items that I couldn't see even with the hint circle. I'm not sure if the different difficulty that I saw between the two games is related to me having more playing experience or if Empress 2 is really that much easier.

As others have said, the graphics are stunning. My total game play time including the bonus was just over 3 hours, pretty standard as most H0 games take me around 2.5 hours.

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bajacalla on Apr 2, 11 12:17 AM
beautiful game, a delight to play. not the hardest ever made, but not a cakewalk, either. it truly has everything: compelling story, interesting puzzles, beautiful graphics, lovely sound, intelligent and sympathetic quest, sensible and appropriate HOs. I so enjoyed Empress 1, and was so pleased to see that Empress 2 lives up to the same standards.

MerryAnne
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Editio

[Post New]by MerryAnne on Apr 2, 11 4:35 AM
Boomer47 wrote:
This is a truly beautiful game. The scenes are breathtaking and wonderous. You are awed when each screen opens. Sadly substance cannot be replaced by beauty. The game is beautiful but for me it is too easy. I zipped through the demo and never used a hint or strategy guide. You don't need them since the game virtually holds your hand and maps out your every move.

My thoughts exactly. Stunning graphics but the puzzles were way too easy.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Apr 2, 11 6:11 AM
What a beautiful game. At first I thought it looked to familiar. It didn't take long to figure out it's different than anything I have played. Didn't play the first one. I like games that give you an "Area Clear" sign. I don't want to keep looking for something that isn't there. This game also has a different twist on how your mouse works and I found that I really like it. You use your regular mouse and then the symbols pop up when you pass an area of interest. It has many different mini games that are neither to hard or to easy. The graphics are clear and bright which is a wonderful change from the dark games we have been playing in this genre. I like the voice overs instead of all the reading. I can't really comment on the music to much since I have a tendency to block it out. Moms and grandmothers know how easy it is to block out noise I am certainly going to buy this game. I just don't know if I want to wait for the SE or not. I still cannot find the value in CEs. Other than the built in Strategy Guide. The walk through is free with the SE.

[Post New]by Shannon282007 on Apr 2, 11 6:43 AM
this was an amazing game! the graphics were stunning and the voices were well done (yes, the Empress' voice was a bit corny at times). it was an easy game, especially for seasoned HOG players like me. still, this game was well worth playing and if nothing else it could still be enjoyable and relaxing for even an experienced player. highly recommend this one. its well done.

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 2, 11 7:31 AM
I agree about beautiful eye candy.
But, I am finding it tiresome and repetitive . It reminds of Kuros

Edited on 04/02/2011 at 7:32:43 AM PST

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Apr 2, 11 8:07 AM
While the game itself was truly a delight, the "bonus game play" of the CE was a huge disappointment to me. I didn't know the bonus was very short and just there for unlocking the M3 game. For the first time ever, I wish I'd waited for the SE.

Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition

[Post New]by omalone2000 on Apr 2, 11 11:07 AM
bfgImbrium wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition?

Like the first one, the storyline and graphics are very good.

But I am really disappointed in the quality of the puzzles. I expected at least something of a challenge. What I got was a kid's-level game playing dress-up.

indypeg57
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by indypeg57 on Apr 2, 11 12:26 PM
BUY THIS GAME!! It`s one of the best CE`s EVER!!
Someone poured alot of imagination and hard work into this game.
LOVED IT!!!indypeg57

[Post New]by Beth_R_08 on Apr 2, 11 5:40 PM
OK. It seems I am not half as fast (Smart) as some of the other players but it took me a long time to complete. I figure a bit more than six hours. Now I am a bit slow and do get phone interruptions but I was going steady. Trying not to use the guide. Then both I and my husband got addicted to zem.

He is more of a match 3 type of person than I am but I got hooked. He looked over my shoulder and asked to give it a whirl and then he got hooked.

My impressions of the game are absolutely fantatic. My complaint about the first episode was that it was a bit short. Other than that I loved it. This game was longer and better. The art was as I expected but seemed much cleared than the first, the story was a really interesting (If somewhat mindboggling) continuation of the first. Better writing than most of these games. The puzzles were perfect to me. Enjoyable, but just as i started scratching my head there was an ahah moment

My husband says I am overemotional but I found the sequences where the children are freed to be quite moving. Loved the animals and I loved the ending. Some of the objects in a few of the searching pictures were a bit small for old eys but other than that its the best I've played in a long time.

(Can't wait for part three!) My husband is searching for more ZEM on the internet.

I recoment d=for fishies like me who just want some fun and relaxation. Maybe a bit of escape.

meyofa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by meyofa on Apr 2, 11 6:42 PM
I am with the minority group on this one and pretty disappointed. The puzzels and the HOG scenes were way too easy. The bonus content was a HUGE let down as well. I love Match 3 but really disliked this one. I buy a lot of the CEs because I am to impatient to wait for the SE but this is one time I am sorry I did so. If you are a beginner this game is probably perfect but I would suggest waiting for the SE.

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Apr 2, 11 8:15 PM
I promised myself that I would not buy any more games until I used up my credits but after playing the demo, I just could not help myself. This is a truly beautiful game.

Although, a lot of these games are quite similar, (I love them) this one is very original. The mini games so far, are somewhat different from the norm. I usually do not care much for the mini games but I actually had fun. The graphics are beautiful. The hint button recharges quite fast, yea The HOGs are unusual and very beautiful as opposed to a pile of junk. These were interesting. Straight adventure is my cup of tea and I can usually do with any HOGs but these were so pretty that I enjoyed them also.

Just a lovely game. I did not know that there was a 1st before this one and I now want to try it also.

Darn my pocket book. oh well, I guess a few extra peanut butter sandwiches won't hurt me. I just have to purchase this

dallas50
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by dallas50 on Apr 2, 11 9:13 PM
Love, love love this game. Can't wait for number 3! I found nothing bad about this game at all. Thank you BFG!

bluesea30
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by bluesea30 on Apr 2, 11 9:48 PM
I tried my hardest to get into this game, but sadly it just didn't do much for me. It was a tad boring and too easy. The only reason I got 4 hours of game play was a few confusing moments I couldn't figure out where to go next. Overall I would still give it 3 stars for great graphics and play length. I don't think it was worth the c/e price. The bonus edition was nothing special. Well not every game is for every taste, better luck next game!

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Editi

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Apr 3, 11 4:16 AM
orchidna wrote:While the game itself was truly a delight, the "bonus game play" of the CE was a huge disappointment to me. I didn't know the bonus was very short and just there for unlocking the M3 game. For the first time ever, I wish I'd waited for the SE.

I agree with this. I liked the first game in this series and was really looking forward to some extra game play, but was bitterly disappointed. $15 (Aussie) down the drain. And for this it's a

However, the game was interesting, beautiful graphics (except for the story sections, where it was a bit amaterish - i.e. screen going shaky), nice character voice and something different to normal hidden object games. For this though it's a

If you are going to buy this, wait for the SE.

Edited on 04/03/2011 at 4:17:48 AM PST

Kimhaz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Kimhaz on Apr 3, 11 6:30 AM
I am writing this as I wait for the the full game to download. I loved the first Empress of the Deep game and was pleased to see Song of the Blue Whale come along. Playing the demo has not been a disappointment. These games give you a real sense of value for money. The graphics are fantastic; the puzzles are challenging; the music is calming. It is quite a long game so you will not feel short changed when you buy it. I was really pleased to see the Strategy Guide is open in the demo (I say this because I had need of it, having missed a certain object on arrival at the sky temple). This is so often not the case and can be the decision breaker as to whether I buy a collector's edition or not. I'm going back to play the rest of the game now.
If you buy no other game this year, this is a must!

jobynana
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,017 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edit

[Post New]by jobynana on Apr 3, 11 7:27 AM
OOOKKKK, I've not read all the comments here, but I looked through the last few pages, thinking, that will be where more people have completed the whole game by now.

I completed the sample in less than an hour and thought I would like this very much. So, I waited until 1 April, but downloaded and played Empress of the Deep 1 (SE), 1st. Thoroughly enjoyed that and thought well, if that was the standard, then the rest of #2 CE must be really good!

When I saw there were no wallpapers etc, I didn't mind too much as they aren't my thing and I try not to use the SG anyway. However I went for it based on how much better I expected it to be than #1.

I too found some of the H0 scenes a little unclear, however, I enjoyed the game very much, even if it was a little bit too much hand holding, mainly because I am a bit of a sucker for marine themed games and marine animals......

But, I agree with all those who said, they felt disappointed. This being twice the price for what really amounts to a pretty poor 'extra play'. As for the ZEM game, I don't mind the odd Match-3, but this one, whilst different, was very limited. I had imagined being able to play a match 3 with locks and blocks etc and not against a timer - I didn't stop around to check if I could turn off the timer. So, whilst I enjoyed the game , in comparison to the SE #1, I was pretty disappointed in what I got for double the price!

I agree with whoever said (sorry I don't remember who ), this seemed to be the same kind of disappointment as experienced with DC Book of Air CE! Although I would add, I found the DC4 main game far too short and much more disappointing.

Edited on 04/03/2011 at 2:04:02 PM PST

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on Apr 3, 11 2:36 PM
I may be in the minority, but this game just seems a little too fundamental and boring. Nice graphics but too much talking. Will wait for something better to come along.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 3, 11 3:29 PM
Well, I must have not cared for the first one, cause I did not purchase it. However, I do like Empress II and am going to purchase the game. Didn't care much for the sound you got whenyo found an item, but otherwise, great game. If this continues, I will be in deep trouble this month. I have purchased one CE and 2 SEs and it's only April 3rd!!

Go to: